jjp2701
07-01-11, 17:38
try xxx and xxx m8

stuattravs
07-01-11, 18:10
We know where you live!

basilyoung
07-01-11, 18:14
dependant on how well your dish is aligned, I would start with the correct settings

then if needed, adjust the east west setting slightly

baz

frankie13
08-01-11, 13:30
thanks i dont think my postion is correct anyway for ------- im having to move dish up about a inch to lock on satellite i think all the ice that fell on it might have moved something

kegrka
09-01-11, 20:19
hi
only one thing i noticed long, can be either EASTor West on the Vu make sure its set correct for your location, tip I used my sat nav to get settings as the postcode ones (from web) made my box very poor on the West arc as they were not quite the same , even with tweeting the long numbers, my long is - 1 so i inputted east 000.1xx this then brought in the west arc birds,

manicscrewdriver
10-01-11, 02:15
By removing the figures the whole thread doesn't make sense now.

Lets just make some up as at the moment my Vu+ is about to go out the window as i can't get it to do anything with my motor. Managed to set everything else up apart form the motor.

Incidentally i know the motors OK as i've tested with my DM7020 and all is well.

If made up co-ordinates are as follows what would need to be put into the receiver for USALS.

53 degrees 31 ' 54 " N

3 degree 05' 59" W

Thanks

Nano

Sicilian
10-01-11, 12:32
By removing the figures the whole thread doesn't make sense now.

Lets just make some up as at the moment my Vu+ is about to go out the window as i can't get it to do anything with my motor. Managed to set everything else up apart form the motor.

Incidentally i know the motors OK as i've tested with my DM7020 and all is well.

If made up co-ordinates are as follows what would need to be put into the receiver for USALS.

53 degrees 31 ' 54 " N

3 degree 05' 59" W

Thanks

Nano

Try tuning to the last channel tuned by the DM7020 before turning the dish.

manicscrewdriver
10-01-11, 13:37
That works fine, the problem is when you ask the Vu+ to tune to another sat it totally overshoots the required sat.

I've tuned 28e on SAT A from the motor all is fine until you move the dish. It doesn't go back to the same point afterwards.

The motor & dish are set up correctly getting 53e to 45w. I just cannot get it to lock on any other sat with the Vu+..

I have always just used DISEqC 1.2 with the DM, i've never used USALS on any setup as by past experience its no good for some of the fringe sats that are low powered in the UK as it never locks on as strong as it could be.

I'm guessing the major issue is just inputting the co-ordinates correctly to make it work

Nano

Sicilian
10-01-11, 14:12
If you want pm me your addy and long latt that you have and i'll check for you.