PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Box Crashed when loading Timers menu

SkyFan
05-09-16, 14:44
Today I was adding timers in the EPG then I exited it. I then pressed the green button to access the Timers menu and the box crashed then automatically restarted. This happened in previous images as well. Doesn't happen that often. Log is attached. 50022

abu baniaz
05-09-16, 15:41
You have attached the debug log. Please upload the crashlog instead.

SkyFan
05-09-16, 15:43
OK I've attached the crash log now. 50023

baz2011uk
05-09-16, 18:21
i also had this i put the crash log up but no response
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53088-crash-log-after-pressing-green-button-to-see-scheduled-timers

SkyFan
05-09-16, 18:56
Pretty annoying this bug. I daren't use the remote while anything is recording in case the box crashes.

bbbuk
05-09-16, 20:14
When it does crash is it always when recording and/or when in timer/autotimers menu? In other words, does it crash at any other time?

How did you add timers to this image?

Where these added manually or was it a copy/paste of of autotimers.xml?

Do you have any USB tuners attached?

Was the image you have on now a clean install without restore of settings or a upgrade from previous image version?

SkyFan
05-09-16, 21:13
I was looking at the EPG. I find a show I want to record and I hit the record button on the remote.
Clean install image.
Suntek USB Tuner but wasn't recording anything on it.
Crash can happen when doing anything on the box.

bbbuk
05-09-16, 21:57
I was looking at the EPG. I find a show I want to record and I hit the record button on the remote.
Clean install image.
Suntek USB Tuner but wasn't recording anything on it.
Crash can happen when doing anything on the box.That crashlog mentioned signalerror as last thing.

How often would you say it happens? Have you been able to establish any pattern (ie are you normally doing something just before it crashes) or does it appear to be totally random (as in you can be watching TV for ages then next thing it crashes without you touching anything on box (or remote)?

Apart from USB tuner and its drivers, do you have any other plugin installed (whether from feeds or manually installed)?

birdman
05-09-16, 22:52
That crashlog mentioned signalerror as last thing.It actually mentions a fatal signal. Probably a SIGSEGV.