PDA

View Full Version : wifi on edision os mini

milko
03-09-16, 15:56
Am considering buying an edision mini with a cable tuner to use upstairs. I would have to use wifi, how is the wifi on them generally? I have read a few posts on here that people have had problems setting up the wifi itself, but have managed to get it sorted - is the wifi connection itself pretty stable?

Ashley69
03-09-16, 16:02
Never had a problem with mine. Not dropped out once.

Willmoore
03-09-16, 16:33
The only problem I've had is - once set up, the box needs to be powered down and back up to establish the connection.

milko
03-09-16, 18:55
thanks lads, am tempted to give it a go

Iain
05-09-16, 20:53
I've got two of these, wifi is always ok. I very happy with these boxes

I think the problem that people mention is usually related to new OpenVix updates which I think have broken the wifi once or twice. The developers have fixed this very quickly

Larry-G
06-09-16, 16:32
I've got two of these, wifi is always ok. I very happy with these boxes

I think the problem that people mention is usually related to new OpenVix updates which I think have broken the wifi once or twice. The developers have fixed this very quickly

highly unlikely, there is nothing in the image that can influence the wifi in such a way except for the manufacturers own drivers which is more than likely the true culprit.

Sicilian
06-09-16, 17:21
The only time when wifi has broken has been down to a kernel update by drivers engineers / manufacturer. A flash and setup solves.

kamz75
10-09-16, 10:50
I actually did have a problem with wifi. The root cause was an issue with the vix image so not strictly speaking a problem with the edision?
The wifi fault on vix was found pretty quickly, a temp fix released and a new vix version was available that included the fix.
I just got one of these this week and set it up for a friend and they seem happy with it

kamz75
10-09-16, 10:51
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=52840