PDA

View Full Version : disappearing Eurosport 1&2 sd

stargateuser
03-09-16, 08:17
Hello all,
My mum has a Mutant HD1200 and is very happy with it after moving from DM800, but there is a problem.
Eurosport 1&2 SD channels scan OK, show up in ABM and when she tunes to the channels they start OK then after random periods of time just freeze and stop working. But only Eurosport 1&2 SD. I have rescanned, reflashed new image copied my bouquets and settings over but still the same
Is it a faulty tuner? She really loves her tennis so is a bit upset as you can imagine
Any ideas welcome!
Cheers

stargateuser
03-09-16, 08:19
Image is l latest openvix online update, 4.2 I think

Ashley69
03-09-16, 08:40
All ok here. 4.2 required a fresh install with no settings/plugin restore from previous image. Have you tried updating config files in ABM.

judge
03-09-16, 08:59
Does your mum sub to those channels?

stargateuser
03-09-16, 10:03
Hi to you both and thanks for answering.

Yes my mum does sub to Eurosport. The channels are there then they freeze (not the obvious channel freeze) this is a complete disappearance of channel , then she gets * tuner fail * As the freq is 12.1485Ghz I'm thinking it's top of the range and might be component failure.

Also I did update the ABM configs as well. I have copied my configs over to hers using Dreambox Edit as I do not get this problem on any of my boxes.

aido
03-09-16, 10:05
What's the signal quality like on those channels? Could be water ingres like you say but I recently had really random issues which turned out to be issues with the LNB skew and it's been bang on since I sorted that out.

stargateuser
03-09-16, 10:23
I will check on the SNR later today. I'm swapping my vu+ duo with the mutant so I have a known good box. It will be easier to diagnose locally than remotely. My problem now is that I don't have a ladder big enough and she has a bloody high roof! So before I get someone to repoint/tweak the lnb I'll check the free stuff first hahaha :thumbsup:
cheers

aido
03-09-16, 11:41
That's exactly what I did - I got left high and dry by the installer (Brymar) so had to buy a ladder and sort it myself :/