PDA

View Full Version : Favourites - using them on Xtrend

sarntech
02-09-16, 14:17
I have added some channels to the "Favourites" folder. To access this folder I have to press TV and scroll down through the main channel categories (entertainment, sport, etc). Pressing the blue button, which says "Favourites", does nothing.
A couple of questions arise from this:

1. What is the blue "Favourites" button for?

2. Is there a way of accessing the "Favourites" folder without having to scroll through all the TV categories?

Any advice much appreciated. :confused::confused:

twol
02-09-16, 15:59
Maybe? By pressing TV, selecting the 1st channel/service in the favourites folder, pressing menu and choosing start with this channel from standby/deep standby.
That way you will always be in your favourites folder at startup.

Not quite what you want, but at least you start in that folder or any others where you define a channel/service as startup.

abu baniaz
02-09-16, 16:14
They are all folders. If you don't wan't the others, why/how did you make/transfer them?

You can move your favourite favourite folder to the top too.

sarntech
02-09-16, 17:19
They are all folders. If you don't wan't the others, why/how did you make/transfer them?

You can move your favourite favourite folder to the top too.
The folders appear when I press the TV button. I haven't chosen the content of these folders.
How do I move the favourite folder to the top?

abu baniaz
02-09-16, 18:36
How are these other folders created? Are you using AutoBouquetsMaker or any other plugin?

sarntech
02-09-16, 18:46
How are these other folders created? Are you using AutoBouquetsMaker or any other plugin?
I'm using AutoBouquetsMaker.

abu baniaz
02-09-16, 19:11
Option 1.
Make sure ABM configuration menu is set to expert.
In the same menu, the "place bouquets at" option default is "Top". Change it to "Bottom"
Run ABM again.

Option 2.
In the provider menu set all the generate options to no. This will ensure that ABM updates that channel data on the receiver without you having to scan. It will not update your folder!

Option 3.
In the ABM menu, click on "Delete bouquets"
Stop using ABM.
You will have to manually scan and update your bouquets.

sarntech
03-09-16, 10:49
I'm happy with the daily updates to the bouquets/EPG as they are now. :)
I'm still learning how to set everything up and wondered what the blue "favourites" button is for when I press TV. I can already access the favourites folder easily by scrolling up.
I'm interested in customising and it would be good if there was a reference manual explaining what all the hundreds of menu items do.
Anyway, many thanks for the help and suggestions. :thumbsup:
I'd have given up long ago if it wasn't for the help on this forum. :cool:

sarntech
04-09-16, 03:41
I'd still like to know what the blue "favourites" button is for. ;)

Rob van der Does
04-09-16, 04:14
I'm happy with the daily updates to the bouquets/EPG as they are now. :)
1- EPG-updates have nothing to do with the way you've setup your bouquets. As long as they contain valid services, the EPG will be updated via the way you choose to do (EIT/Cross/Epg-Imprter).
2- I would carefully read Abu's 3 suggetsions, and pick one.

I'm still learning how to set everything up and wondered what the blue "favourites" button is for when I press TV. I can already access the favourites folder easily by scrolling up.
There are sometimes several ways to achieve the same. In this case "favourites" should be read as 'open list of bouquets', and it's supposed to do exactly what you experience.

BTW: on none of my boxes the TV-button does that.

sarntech
04-09-16, 14:38
Option 1.
In the same menu, the "place bouquets at" option default is "Top". Change it to "Bottom"
Run ABM again.

Tried option 1 and now favourites are at the top of the list which is perfect. :smiley_yup:

sarntech
04-09-16, 14:46
1- EPG-updates have nothing to do with the way you've setup your bouquets. As long as they contain valid services, the EPG will be updated via the way you choose to do (EIT/Cross/Epg-Imprter).
2- I would carefully read Abu's 3 suggetsions, and pick one.

There are sometimes several ways to achieve the same. In this case "favourites" should be read as 'open list of bouquets', and it's supposed to do exactly what you experience.

BTW: on none of my boxes the TV-button does that.
If I press "TV" I get the following at the bottom:

Red: All
Green: satellites
Yellow: providers
Blue: favourites

Is this normal?

abu baniaz
04-09-16, 14:51
yes it is normal.

Rob van der Does
05-09-16, 04:33
If I press "TV" I get the following at the bottom:

Red: All
Green: satellites
Yellow: providers
Blue: favourites

Is this normal?

yes it is normal.
Strange: not here, not on any of my boxes. During live-TV nothing happens on 'TV'; when playing radio, it causes to zap to the last shown TV-service. Maybe depending on the/my box-setup?

sarntech
05-09-16, 13:23
I don't know where to post this so I'll start here.
Is there a manual or reference point explaining all the menu items. I've seen a Vix manual which is very helpful but it only explains some of the items.
I've no idea of the technicalities involved. Am I looking for explanations of Vix? Or Linux?
There such a lot of expertise on this forum and the people here must have learned from somewhere.
I'm new to all this and feel I'm asking some very basic questions. It would be good if there was somewhere I could find the answers myself.
As always any help much appreciated. :thumbsup: