PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo 2

tomhick02
31-08-16, 23:40
Hi,
I have a VU Solo 2 with about 2 years which was running on VIx images from here always, was updated about six months ago but cant remember what exact image was on it.. anyway, it was plugged out the other day while changing Tv's and when plugged back in it keeps giving HW error on display after doing fpga update. i didnt update it or anything so i dont know what triggered it to do this.
I tried loading the latest VIX image and an original VU image to no avail. looks like its taking the image but after rebooting it goes back to that fpga update and fails, then displays the HW error again...looks like this is a common problem with clones but this box was bought as genuine and never had a clone safe image on it,, any ideas please or is it a dead duck?

Thanks.
T.

mrxbox360
01-09-16, 00:43
Hi if you have been running the latest vix image it sounds like an original but its bricked, try refreshing by rs232 if not joy try

Link removed, read the rules.

Sicilian
01-09-16, 04:24
Hi if you have been running the latest vix image it sounds like an original but its bricked, try refreshing by rs232 if not joy try

Link removed, read the rules.

Genuine Solo2 cannot not be flashed via RS232.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
01-09-16, 04:25
At the op, where did you purchase? Are you 100% sure it's genuine?

tomhick02
01-09-16, 07:48
did all the ususual checks to make sure it was genuine when purchased and all checked out ok.
Bought from XXXXXXX

mrxbox360
01-09-16, 12:48
Genuine Solo2 cannot not be flashed via RS232.

Sorry it seems i was wrong on both levels & the link i posted i didn't think it would break any rules as its only a legit company who maybe able to help out, in future i keep my mouth shut.

tomhick02
01-09-16, 17:48
just realised i swapped my boxes around, so this one isn't a year old yet. but bought from the same supplier. i don't think i did the checks on this one cause i was trusting the supplier from my original purchase from them..
I'lll open it up and have a look inside later and post any updates!!

cactikid
01-09-16, 23:27
which brings us back to faulty usb sticks been used,have you got a kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb stick to retry a flash and follow the flashing guides.

tomhick02
02-09-16, 11:16
Hi Cactikid,
I always use a 8gb Cruzer to flash them.. as its the only one I have atm.
Its still displaying the same HW fault but its def seems to be taking the flash from the usb stick... I reflashed with an old Vu Image to see would it make any difference and when I power it on, a diff image (vu Boot) appears on the tv for a couple of seconds before it shows fpga update fails and the hw error fault on the front display.. funny that it was running for 8 months and just did this out of the blue, there was no usb plugged in to it or anything, tried it also with HD disconnected to no avail..just have to see what supplier say.. thanks for your suggestion.

Rob van der Does
03-09-16, 04:38
1- The HW-error on front display can happen on a genuine box (I've had it dozens of times).
2- "shows fpga update fails" is a clear sign of a clone.

And the clone has been bricked by this update.

tomhick02
03-09-16, 17:04
So ..are you saying my box is definitely a clone?
the dirty fxxkers!!!

Andy_Hazza
03-09-16, 17:07
So ..are you saying my box is definitely a clone?
the dirty fxxkers!!!

Try an older image. Something like the first ViX Apollo build. You will defo know one way or the other if its a clone or not.

Rob van der Does
04-09-16, 03:54
Try an older image. Something like the first ViX Apollo build. You will defo know one way or the other if its a clone or not.
Indeed: if it's indeed a clone that's now bricked (as I suspect) it won't work on Apollo any more either.

tomhick02
04-09-16, 20:38
thanks guys, I'll flash with the Apollo image tomorrow and see what happens.. pretty annoyed over this tbh..

Andy_Hazza
04-09-16, 20:41
Where did you buy from?

Willmoore
04-09-16, 21:28
Where did you buy from?

Post #5 - they look a genuine company.

Andy_Hazza
04-09-16, 21:33
Post #5 - they look a genuine company.

Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah they are genuine, I have used them in the past. Hhhmmmmm.

cactikid
04-09-16, 22:50
will box be covered under 2 year warranty?

tomhick02
05-09-16, 23:05
will box be covered under 2 year warranty?

This box was purchased last November so hopefully no issue... didn't contact them yet..
I still believe its a genuine box and just unlucky with it.. between myself and my mate we have 5 Solo 2's from this supplier and no issues with any of the other stb's...the first three bought from them in Feb 14..
I'll update here on progress as it comes about ..

@ Sicilian. apologies if I broke one of the rules Re: trader links.. I presumed ok once not a direct live link..