PDA

View Full Version : Transfer or copy recordings .....

wizz_r
31-08-16, 09:47
How can I transfer or copy the recordings files I have on my external usb HDD ?
I've tried hooking my HDD up to a Winows 10 PC but it is not recognised.
Any help appreciated ....

Ford1
31-08-16, 10:06
Enable samba in network settings, as long as your windows 10 pc is on the same network as your vu, it should show up in file browser under network, then drag and drop the files

adm
31-08-16, 20:20
The two suggested methods are probably the best but you can also install on your Win10 PC a utility to be able to read/write to disks formatted Ext3/Ext4 as used on your box

Example

http://www.techgainer.com/how-to-mount-and-access-linux-partitions-ext4ext3ext2-in-windows-explorer-easily/

wizz_r
01-09-16, 09:24
Thanks to all who made suggestions..... greatly appreciated.

If I install samba on the VU+ would that have any unintended detrimental effects on the system, or will I just have acess to the external hdd via my pc to be able to copy files over to the pc ?

Ford1
01-09-16, 09:32
no detrimental effects. works excellent.

wizz_r
02-09-16, 12:55
Enable samba in network settings, as long as your windows 10 pc is on the same network as your vu, it should show up in file browser under network, then drag and drop the files
Had a problem since installing samba. After installing, it said it would reboot, but never did, so I had to reboot manually.
After reboot I only had fta channels and a network test reported uncertain IP address and server name.
Got it going eventually, dont know how, but crashed twice and the box doesnt show in my win 10 network. Is there something else I need to do or have missed ?
If all else fails, how do I remove samba ?

Ford1
02-09-16, 13:46
never had a problem with this tbh, im using it on 5 xtrend machines and 2 Edison os mini's.

Maybe upload your crash logs and someone can take a look?

Ford1
02-09-16, 17:29
make sure you have network file sharing set to yes. (on your windows PC)

Had a problem since installing samba. After installing, it said it would reboot, but never did, so I had to reboot manually.
After reboot I only had fta channels and a network test reported uncertain IP address and server name.
Got it going eventually, dont know how, but crashed twice and the box doesnt show in my win 10 network. Is there something else I need to do or have missed ?
If all else fails, how do I remove samba ?

wizz_r
03-09-16, 11:28
File and printer sharing on as default....
I had a linux device show up in network devices and then vanish. I managed to click on it, but could only get a properties dialogue box pop up.

wizz_r
06-09-16, 09:23
I've decided to do this by ftp file transfer.
Which is the file that will give me playback...... or do I need more than one ?

wizz_r
08-09-16, 12:58
I've decided to do this by ftp file transfer.
Which is the file that will give me playback...... or do I need more than one ?
It was the .ts file that is required .....