PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 Crashed :(

grantdavey91
29-08-16, 18:35
Hi, All

I installed a new skin (slyk1 v5 by kiddac) yesterday, and all was fine

Today I read on anther forum how to get the channel numbers to appear in the epg screen as well as the picon and service name

search google for this and it's the first link (OpenVix Modded EPG (for improved Sky/Cable look))

i installed the ipk but after my box rebooted i cant get into the menu screen

I can get into the service list (tv button), the recordings/planner screen and also the epg screen, but as soon as I press menu or try to go to any other menu via the blue button, my box crashes and restarts

could anybody have a look at the crash log and tell me how i can fix

i was going to reflash quickly but openvix is down so not much point at the minute :/

hopefully there is a better solution

I have already tried removing the ipk via ftp (as i cant get into any menus) but it still has the same problem

im running latest openvix

thanks

twol
29-08-16, 19:13
So after you googled, where did the epg ipk come from .. it sounds like you have an old version.

grantdavey91
29-08-16, 19:22
the ipk came from the post on the forum i googled; i think i may have to reflash as i can't take it off the receiver as i cant get into any of the menu or settings screens; learning curve i suppose

cactikid
29-08-16, 22:17
did you try webif,as i had a few bad times when something i clicked on made the box keep on rebooting.
enter box ip and you can control box function from pc and possibly delete that skin.

grantdavey91
29-08-16, 22:44
did you try webif,as i had a few bad times when something i clicked on made the box keep on rebooting.
enter box ip and you can control box function from pc and possibly delete that skin.

thanks for your reply's - all sorted now - not sure what it was but i managed to uninstall the skin and reinstall the latest version - issue gone now - and have made a backup!

thanks