PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Setup

andy vash
28-08-16, 09:44
I've just got my 4K and l'm struggling to set up my tuners. In running the latest Vix image and my LNB is an lnverto Unicable LNB.

I can setup the reciver to record four chanells only, l have the first four tuners sel to the four SCR channels of the LNB but how do l set the other four?

2stein
28-08-16, 16:17
if you only have 4 scrs that's all you can do. the other 4 will have to remain unused.

andy vash
28-08-16, 18:42
How does it work with a universal LNB as l understand you can get up to eight channels with this type of LNB. Also when l set the tuners to FBC loop through, l get inactive

Huevos
28-08-16, 21:50
With a Universal twin you get the equivalent of 2 tuners and 6 loops.
With a 4 channel Unicable LNB you can record from up to 4 transport streams.
With an 8 channel (or more) Unicable I/II LNB you can record from up to 8 transport streams.

In the cases of 1 and 2 the winner depends on what transponders you are trying to record and the number of them.
Case 3 is the all round winner though for a single satellite on a fixed dish.

andy vash
29-08-16, 08:04
Hi, can anyone recommend a good 8 channel Unicable LNB

Huevos
29-08-16, 15:41
I don't know of an 8 channel. I've got the Inverto 32 channel Unicable II model here. Works great with OpenViX.

Flyingpig
15-03-17, 18:17
Does this work with all tuners / recievers?

I have an ET 8500 purhcased from WOS,,, is it a case of swappng my LNB?

Thanks,

FP

Andy_Hazza
15-03-17, 20:50
Does this work with all tuners / recievers?

I have an ET 8500 purhcased from WOS,,, is it a case of swappng my LNB?

Thanks,

FP

Yeah the Unicable II (JESS) LNB would work just fine with your ET8500. But please remember the Xtrend's are not FBC tuners so you can't record 7 different transponders n watch another. Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K & Vu+ Ultimo 4K only have FBC tuners at this moment in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk