PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend ET7500 photos / mini review

world-of-satellite.co.uk
28-08-16, 09:13
We've been so impressed with the Xtrend ET7500 we thought we'd post some photo's of the unit for the benefit of anyone thinking of ordering one of these.

In our opinion its an excellent mid-range receiver. Can be a single satellite model, twin satellite or combo 1x satellite and 1x hybrid for either cable or terrestrial. Second tuner is play and play, shown in the attached photos. Satellite tuner or hybrid cable/terrestrial tuner modules available.

Single tuner HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend-ET7500-1x-DVB-S2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £119. Twin satellite tuner HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ET7500-2x-DVB-S2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £139. Combo satellite + hybrid HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ET7500-COMBO-1x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £149.

Nice front display, rare on receivers in this price range. Internal 2.5" is easily installed via internal cradle. Also has rear external eSatap port, can be used as USB or eSata.

This model has a silent fanless design. Even thought the price tag on this is mid-range, its perfect for use as any main family receiver that don't need any more than two tuners. Excellent for watching an recording multiple channels across two transponders.

Francisco66
27-09-16, 09:05
Thank you very much world-of-satellite.co.uk. I am very interessed in this receiver but don,t know if it,s HD+ module compatible. You know? Than you very much for the pics i love this machine.

Andy_Hazza
27-09-16, 09:14
Thank you very much world-of-satellite.co.uk. I am very interessed in this receiver but don,t know if it,s HD+ module compatible. You know? Than you very much for the pics i love this machine.

What do you mean HD+ module compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
27-09-16, 12:42
What do you mean HD+ module compatible?

Its German TV provider.

@ the op, HD+ i believe use CI+, pretty sure should be fine with OpenATV or OpenXTA.

twol
27-09-16, 13:50
At this moment I don,t think there is support for CI+ .... you would have to check on OpenATV, but I don,t think the current Xtrend drivers have support.

snootyfox
17-10-16, 18:27
We've been so impressed with the Xtrend ET7500 we thought we'd post some photo's of the unit for the benefit of anyone thinking of ordering one of these.

In our opinion its an excellent mid-range receiver. Can be a single satellite model, twin satellite or combo 1x satellite and 1x hybrid for either cable or terrestrial. Second tuner is play and play, shown in the attached photos. Satellite tuner or hybrid cable/terrestrial tuner modules available.

Single tuner HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend-ET7500-1x-DVB-S2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £119. Twin satellite tuner HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ET7500-2x-DVB-S2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £139. Combo satellite + hybrid HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ET7500-COMBO-1x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63) only £149.

Nice front display, rare on receivers in this price range. Internal 2.5" is easily installed via internal cradle. Also has rear external eSatap port, can be used as USB or eSata.

This model has a silent fanless design. Even thought the price tag on this is mid-range, its perfect for use as any main family receiver that don't need any more than two tuners. Excellent for watching an recording multiple channels across two transponders.

I notice there is no scart socket. Can a RF Modulator be used with this box?:confused:

Andy_Hazza
17-10-16, 18:37
How about looking at HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6. Far superior to the RF Modulator. The RF Modulator is really poor quality in comparison.

DaMacFunkin
17-10-16, 18:39
Yes you would just buy a rf modulator that has composite rca inputs (Yellow, white & red) or buy a scart input adaptor and use a composite plus stereo audio adaptor.

Andy_Hazza
17-10-16, 18:51
Yes you would just buy a rf modulator that has composite rca inputs (Yellow, white & red) or buy a scart input adaptor and use a composite plus stereo audio adaptor.

Still poor compared to HDMI Extender over Cat5/6. Baffles me why peeps use RF Modulator still, absolutely hideous quality.

Sicilian
17-10-16, 19:32
....or HDMI modulator http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/av-distribution/hdmi-modulators

snootyfox
18-10-16, 10:28
How about looking at HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6. Far superior to the RF Modulator. The RF Modulator is really poor quality in comparison.

Thanks @Andy. Will have a look. How do I then use the IR eye to change channels?

snootyfox
18-10-16, 10:31

Thanks @DaMacFunkin. I see the sponsers have one on their site.

snootyfox
18-10-16, 10:45
....or HDMI modulator http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/av-distribution/hdmi-modulators
Had a look at this @Sicilian, quite expensive.

snootyfox
18-10-16, 11:44
Depends on what you call expensive, I run an HDMI matrix to feed 3 different screens (TV/PJ in lounge, TV upstairs), combine that with HDMI balun's and some 5e or 6 and you'll have HDMI output wherever you run the cable to. A powered HDMI matrix is starts at £15ish, powered balun's start at £25ish, if it's only a short run then you may get away with un-powered splitters and balun's, personally I would spend the extra few quid though. Also consider that you'd need a way of dealing with IR control, some people are happy with an app/web interface, personally i'd spend the extra tenner for baluns that support IR wands.
Sorry, I meant the HDMI modulator was quite expensive :(. I will have a look into your suggestion. Am I correct in assuming that you require to run 2 cat cables between the HDMI baluns? I am hoping to send satellite TV from main TV to bedroom. (less than 30m) By HDMI matrix, do you mean a HDMI splitter?

snootyfox
18-10-16, 14:12
Modulation is overkill for what you want.

My setup works like this: VuSolo4k output via HDMI to a 2:4 HDMI matrix, output 1 goes to the main TV in the lounge, output 2 goes to the projector in the lounge, output 3 goes to a Neet balun, from that I ran two solid core cat5e cables into the hall cupboard and then up to the landing cupboard and into the loft space, they then come down in the corner of the master bedroom to the other Neet balun. My IR is separate via RG6 as that's what I had in place to do IR for the Sky box.

My matrix is in effect an expensive powered splitter with multiple inputs and more outputs. When you see TV's in a shop all showing the same content this is how it's done. Unlike a passive (cheap) splitter that takes one input and gives two outputs a marix has a number of inputs (2 in my case) and a number of outputs (4) so it's a 4:2 matrix rather than a splitter. I have another device connected to it's 2nd input so I could feed that to all the outputs if I wanted to, single cable versions are now also available but you're better off using cat6 if that's the way you want to go.

Basically my way requires you to spend £40-50 + cable and spare remote and gives you the same functionality as if you picked your box upstairs and plugged it in. You can only watch/record what's on the main screen, but it works well for us and even though it cost me more to do at the time (5+ years ago), it's been faultless since and been adapted for both Virgin, Sky and Freesat over the years with minimal work. Make sure your network feeds are solid core copper and not CCA (copper clad aluminium), you can't wire this to a patch panel, it's single continuous feeds between the balun's or it won't work, my only regret is at the time the IR versions of what I have were twice the price, now it would cost very little to do it with IR.
Thanks@Avalon for your detailed setup. £50 seems very reasonable for setup. Had a scurry around and found this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015ILL4LE/ref=pd_sim_23_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DAY0T25G89Q8V4N1XFMV#Ask Would you recommend this with cat6 cable?

snootyfox
18-10-16, 14:41
Not used it personally, but as long as you use CAT6 it looks good to me and quite a neat 1 box solution if you only need to feed two screens. Just remember to order a spare remote, 2 extra HDMI cables and a suitable length of cat6, I made up my own 5e cable so I could make it the length I needed, although the route is 'only 15m by the time I had routed the cable round obstacles and left spare on each end, it was more like 20m.
Well that's my project sorted for whenever I get back from my 2 weeks hols.:cool: :wave: Will keep you posted on results ;) Thanks for sharing your knowledge.