PDA

View Full Version : Skin for elderly or visually impaired

fivedegrees
27-08-16, 10:21
I am looking at setting my father up with a Zgemma H2 running OpenVix however as he struggles with anything tech based then I want to make it as simple as possible.

I will be creating a new bouquet with a limited number of channels that he can page through but I need a skin that is both simple and clear.

Does anyone have any suggestions for existing skins or is there any support or app for creating a new skin?

Cheers

5D

simono5
27-08-16, 10:25
You won't get any support for Zgemma boxes here mate.

Have you tried changing the font size of the EPG? Press Menu when in the EPG itself.

adm
27-08-16, 10:38
I am looking at setting my father up with a Zgemma H2 running OpenVix

OpenVix don't support Zgemma boxes and no help will be available on these forums for that box. Probably what will be on the box will be a hacked version of Openvix and IMO a hacked version is not a good choice for someone struggling with anything technical when things go wrong.

I would also question if OpenVix is actually suitable for a technophobe, unless support can be provided by someone else on a regular basis. It's one reason that I wouldn't recommend my set-up to some people I know - I don't want to be an ongoing support service.

fivedegrees
27-08-16, 10:39
The fact that I am using a Zgemma is merely circumstantial, I could be using one of any of the compatible brands; the fact that I am using OpenVix is surely the focus.

I am hopefully looking for something full screen with a 90% transparent overlay which just lists the channels in order of the bouquet that can be scrolled through and selected.

I appreciate the above is very unlikely to exist at this point hence my post and willingness to have a go myself if it can be done

5D

judge
27-08-16, 10:48
The fact that I am using a Zgemma is merely circumstantial, I could be using one of any of the compatible brands; the fact that I am using OpenVix is surely the focus.

You're not using OpenVix tho.
Thread closed.