PDA

View Full Version : Recording issue

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 14:04
Hi all
If anyone has a xtrend 8500 with two cable tuners, please can you give some feedback on your setup.
Basically ive got my xtrend set up with two tuners using cable, now when I record SS1 and try to watch SS2 the picture on the second tuner is blocky/unwatchable.
Can anyone who has the same setup try this please and report back.
My setup works absolutely flawless with any other receiver but not the xtrend 8500.
I've exhausted any potential problems with my setup including trying the receiver at 4 different locations and swapping the receiver with another to eliminate a dodgy receiver.
Tried open ATV 5.2, openATV 5.3, openvix latest and the issue is there for me on any setup.

Can someone please check there setup and report back.
[emoji27]
I've posted on another forum this morning and other people have come forward to say they have the same problems.

twol
26-08-16, 14:09
What happens if you watch on tuner 1 and record on tuner 2?
What happens if you switch the tuners around?
Also post your tuner config.

Bangord30
26-08-16, 14:11
I have the same issue on latest Vix now too. Last version was fine so i thought it was an ATV issue but obviously not.

twol
26-08-16, 14:17
I have the same issue on latest Vix now too. Last version was fine so i thought it was an ATV issue but obviously not.

Which versions exactly? Which doesn,t work, which works?:)

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 14:19
Didn't think of it that way round as I would normally start a recording of say 1 channel then turn over. I use this method when setting up my receiver on day one.
When you say tuner config, please could you clarify.
I have two cable tuners.
I have another receiver that has two cable tuners and I replicate the settings and still it does not work. As soon as I plug my old receiver back in everything if fine, unplug and fit xtrend-problem

twol
26-08-16, 14:26
Didn't think of it that way round as I would normally start a recording of say 1 channel then turn over. I use this method when setting up my receiver on day one.
When you say tuner config, please could you clarify.
I have two cable tuners.
I have another receiver that has two cable tuners and I replicate the settings and still it does not work. As soon as I plug my old receiver back in everything if fine, unplug and fit xtrend-problem

OK, but what if say you set preferred tuner to B so it starts on the 2nd tuner? Just curious to see if there is any difference, while waiting for bangird30 to respond:)

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 14:28
I'll give that a try once I'm at home (4pm)
But from memory I did have a try of various settings for preferred tuner for recording.

Bangord30
26-08-16, 14:33
OK, but what if say you set preferred tuner to B so it starts on the 2nd tuner? Just curious to see if there is any difference, while waiting for bangird30 to respond:)
True. An idea. I won't be on my box today but I'm on latest 4.2.1 so be 4.1.16 that was fine.

DaMacFunkin
26-08-16, 14:34
The problem with sky sports 1 HD and 2 HD is a sure fire way to test if your tuner is getting enough signal, it may be you are loosing just enough db on the loop through or the sensitivity is a bit too low and causes this problem, I guarentee an amplifier or a powered splitter will fix it.

Bangord30
26-08-16, 14:39
Older software versions are fine though and my et8000(same tuners?) was fine. It's other channels too but can't think of ones off the top of my head.

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 14:40
What happens if you watch on tuner 1 and record on tuner 2?
What happens if you switch the tuners around?
Also post your tuner config.

The problem with sky sports 1 HD and 2 HD is a sure fire way to test if your tuner is getting enough signal, it may be you are loosing just enough db on the loop through or the sensitivity is a bit too low and causes this problem, I guarentee an amplifier or a powered splitter will fix it.
I've tried this and other receivers at 4 locations, all of which will run my other twin tuner receiver. 1 location has a powered HDU with two feeds going to the receiver.
I've been trying to resolve this for weeks and have looked very carefully at setup cables, splitters, loop through etc. No matter what I try I cannot get my mutant 2400hd to replicate the fault. All the xtrends show the fault. I've even purchased a Konig amp that I can manually adjust with no luck

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 14:48
I just been informed that the issue doesn't appear on a previous image 4.0.16
I'm going to try that as soon as I'm home.

Bangord30
26-08-16, 15:03
Agreed, I tried it again last night and it was fine.

twol
26-08-16, 15:31
I just been informed that the issue doesn't appear on a previous image 4.0.16
I'm going to try that as soon as I'm home.

Please post if OK or not:)

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 18:27
Ok, a small update before I try a reflash of the previous image.
I have tried recording on tuner B whilst trying to watch tuner A and same problem.
Checked tuner settings and makes no difference to any that I change.
Here is some random channels that I have a problem with;
Recording BBC 2 HD and trying to watch channel 4 HD
Recording SS 1 and trying to watch channel 4.
I've quite a few variations of what doesn't work.
So ill reflash now and give you another update

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 19:01
Reflash update
Now running the previous version of vix 4.1.0.16
All is good!
My question now is will the current bug be fixed in any updates or will I have to just run this version, and how long woukd this version be ok for?
What about future images and updates as it's clear it's software related.

danlou
26-08-16, 20:19
Thanks Dangermouse and Bangord30 - I was going to deploy new version of Vix (4.2.001) on an xtrend 8500 tomorrow so looks as though going to reflash back to previous 4.1.16 version.

Hopefully the Vix Team will release a software update to resolve.

Thanks again

dangerousmouse
26-08-16, 20:22
So far it's working ok, fingers crossed. ;-)

Sicilian
29-08-16, 07:46
Confirmed your issue in build 4.2.001. Only odd few channels affected.

4.1.016 has 24/06/16 drivers, 4.2.001 has new drivers. 100% a driver issue and has been reported.

Only managed to replicate using your combination of channels. Most others seem ok.

dangerousmouse
29-08-16, 08:02
Many thanks, it's stable on the previous image.

fether
01-09-16, 15:04
i recived my xtrend 8500 yesterday from W.O.S and i had the sam issues as regarding to black screen while recording even when using webif on pc so i put openvix-4.1.016 on my box.

now i dont get black screen but i still get alot of buffering when using webif or kodi to stream channels to another device.

any advice appreciated

regards

fether

danlou
06-09-16, 16:16
There is an update released yesterday 4.2.002 - anyone tried updating to see if driver issued is resolved? Will be updating at weekend if so...

Larry-G
06-09-16, 16:39
There is an update released yesterday 4.2.002 - anyone tried updating to see if driver issued is resolved? Will be updating at weekend if so...

no disrespect buddy but it will literally all of 5 minutes to backup your current image and flash the new one using the image manager and it's built in flashing tools. You can even return back to your backup image all without leaving the couch if it's not to your liking.

You could do all that in the time it takes to make a cupa, instead of waiting possibly for days for some one else to try and get back with their results.

danlou
06-09-16, 17:00
No disrespect? Don't say it then because quite frankly it annoys me.
I will try it on Saturday hence 'will be updating at weekend'.

Do you want me to personally PM you when I have done it?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
06-09-16, 17:05
No disrespect? Don't say it then because quite frankly it annoys me.
I will try it on Saturday hence 'will be updating at weekend'.

Do you want me to personally PM you when I have done it?

wind your neck in you fool. If you can't take a simple suggestion without crying about it then that's more a reflection on your own emotional deficiencies. And no I don't want you to pm me thanks. In fact my pm system is turned off so I don't get stupid people like you plaguing me for help.

Larry-G
06-09-16, 17:08
And don't worry before you get all up your own arse and start crying to the staff I have reported my own post for you, just in case it's too much like hard work for you to do it for your self.

Sicilian
06-09-16, 17:17

No, we're awaiting a driver update.

.... and guys please get back on track :rolleyes:

danlou
06-09-16, 17:18
Are you trying to pick an argument? Stick to your name calling buddy, you will go far!

Your post was implying that I couldn't be bothered to test it.
I said in the post that i will try it at the weekend as that is the earliest opportunity I can do it.
Look in your own mirror for a reflection of your 'emotional deficiencies' !

birdman
06-09-16, 17:25
I said in the post that i will try it at the weekend as that is the earliest opportunity I can do it.
But that's not what your post said. It said you would update at the weekend if someone else had already tried it.
Hence the response.
So just calm down.
Please.