PDA

View Full Version : Assign key function on remote

sarntech
25-08-16, 13:33
The remote control has 3 keys (F1, F2 & F3) which the manual describes as "assign key function of your own". How is this done? Can a macro be assigned to F1 so that one press can, for example, put the unit into deep standby?
As always, any help is much appreciated :)

ccs
25-08-16, 13:36
Not the answer to your question, but you can change keys in VIX to, for example, make "long press power off" go into deep standby.

sarntech
25-08-16, 13:44
Not the answer to your question, but you can change keys in VIX to, for example, make "long press power off" go into deep standby.
How is that done?
The reason behind the question is that I use a Harmony remote to power on the system. One press turns on, or off, TV, Xtrend and soundbar. It would be useful if pressing F1 takes the Xtrend to deep standby.
Is power saving the only benefit of deep standby?

ccs
25-08-16, 13:57
Button setup is in menu/Setup/System/User interface/Button Setup.

You just need to be careful.

I use a Harmony, is yours activity based because you could let the change of activity control powering on/off?

Personally, I always control devices independently, to avoid inadvertently switching off the wrong box.

As far as deep standby goes, I use it (nearly) all the time - I can't see the point of having the PSU running 24/7, nothing to do with saving power.

sarntech
25-08-16, 14:22
Button setup is in menu/Setup/System/User interface/Button Setup.

You just need to be careful.

I use a Harmony, is yours activity based because you could let the change of activity control powering on/off?

Personally, I always control devices independently, to avoid inadvertently switching off the wrong box.

As far as deep standby goes, I use it (nearly) all the time - I can't see the point of having the PSU running 24/7, nothing to do with saving power.
I've assigned deep standby to F1 now which is great. I use activities with the Harmony and try to make everything wife-friendly.
I'm not sure if I want deep standby every time I turn it off , though, as it is slow to load up when it is turned on again.
I did find a setting to put it into standby after 60 minutes but it's not ideal because of the slow boot-up time when turned on again.
The ideal solution, I think, is a timer setting to put it into deep standby at, say, midnight and back to ordinary standby at 6.00 am.
Any ideas?
Thanks for you help, anyway

ccs
25-08-16, 14:28
There are power timers (menu/timers/powertimers) which allow to switch on/off whenever you want.

I never thought of setting up F1 that way, shame I don't use the xtrend remote.

sarntech
25-08-16, 14:52
There are power timers (menu/timers/powertimers) which allow to switch on/off whenever you want.

I never thought of setting up F1 that way, shame I don't use the xtrend remote.
Set power timer to switch to deep standby at midnight and back to ordinary standby at 6.00 am. :thumbsup:
I'm going to try to program the Harmony have 2 power off activities:
1. poweroff of TV and soundbar. Xtrend to standby.
2. power off TV and soundbar. deep poweroff of Xtrend.
The Xtrend has been a steep learning curve for me and I'm learning something new every day - thanks to the help on this forum. :smiley_yup:

sarntech
29-08-16, 18:37
I want to assign "favourites" to the F3 button.
Can this be done?

Rob van der Does
30-08-16, 17:57
And that's a more convenient way to get the box to deep sleep than doing so via a power-button. If you push the button inadvertently, the box goes down, while a powertimer gives you all the time in the world to correct.

ccs
30-08-16, 20:40
And that's a more convenient way to get the box to deep sleep than doing so via a power-button. If you push the button inadvertently, the box goes down, while a powertimer gives you all the time in the world to correct.I only ever use long press power to get to deep standby and never have any inadvertent problems.
Also, I default all autotimers to go to deep standby at the end of recordings, so no issues with powering off, and no need for any power timers.

Rob van der Does
30-08-16, 21:00
I only ever use long press power to get to deep standby and never have any inadvertent problems.
Up to you of course, but a wrong press is easily made. And automation prevents that.

sarntech
01-09-16, 02:59
I want to assign "favourites" to the F3 button.
Can this be done? :confused:

Rob van der Does
01-09-16, 03:12
Yes: very simple using 'Button setup' in User interface.

sarntech
01-09-16, 03:14
I'll try later. :thumbsup:

sarntech
01-09-16, 09:03
Set up F3 button to "Show favourites list". However, when I press F3 it is the same as pressing TV - all the categories appear.

Rob van der Does
01-09-16, 18:12
Isn't that the idea of 'Favourites'?
If not: what did you expect?

sarntech
01-09-16, 22:29
Isn't that the idea of 'Favourites'?
If not: what did you expect?
There is a folder called "favourites". I have added a few channels to this folder. This is my idea of the purpose of a favourites folder.
I wanted a one-button press to take me directly to that folder. I hoped, but didn't expect, that this was possible.

Rob van der Does
02-09-16, 05:16
There is a folder called "favourites". I have added a few channels to this folder.
No, sorry, that's not how it works. At least not as far as I know.

sarntech
02-09-16, 05:27
No, sorry, that's not how it works. At least not as far as I know.
OK, thanks.