PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo 2 Twin/Dual Hybrid DVB-C/T2 Tuner question

grantdavey91
25-08-16, 02:27
Hi all

I know being up this late is pretty sad but with the heat I'm finding it very hard to sleep! So I am looking at the different possibilities of my twin DVB-S/T twin hybrid tuner

At present I am using it for DVB-C

In theory, if I were to use one of these splitters on the input feed :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/coaxial-y-splitter/11650?kpid=KINASEKPID&cm_mmc=GoogleLocal-_-Datafeed-_-Electrical%20and%20Lighting&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=Cj0KEQjwi_W9BRD_3uio_Jz-p8UBEiQANU80vo8ZKq22aMMY4Qrinq2qWqN5CIa_SCUoDXl4N-7q6AkaAgAq8P8HAQ

...and I plugged one feed from DVB-C and one feed from my Ariel as DVB-T , would I then be able to use both without having to unplug one and switch to the other?

It is there a component that could do this so that both C and T are plugged in and usable?

I know that the tuner can only be used for one or the other at one time however if something like the above is possible would I be able to just switch between C and T in tuner configuration to use both?

Thanks in advance

Sicilian
25-08-16, 06:16
This tuner only has one input (top), splits to two internally. It can only be used as either DVB-C or DVB-T/T2 at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grantdavey91
25-08-16, 16:16
This tuner only has one input (top), splits to two internally. It can only be used as either DVB-C or DVB-T/T2 at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Sicilian I know that it can only be used as either DVB-C or DVB-T at any one time but what I was asking is if there is a possibility that if I used a splitter on the input and plugged one feed from cable and one feed from ariel (freeview), would I be able to switch between the two?

I know that I would need to switch from C and T in the tuner config menu (openvix) to switch between the two, but would the splitter work so that both are plugged in rather than having to manually pull out one feed to plug the other in to switch?

Thanks

Sicilian
25-08-16, 17:05
No, splitter is designed to split one signal into two.

grantdavey91
25-08-16, 17:50

okay, thank you

adm
25-08-16, 22:54

And I wouldn't touch that splitter with a barge pole.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/coaxial-y-splitter/11650

There is a good chance that its resistive and unscreened. For a few quid more a fully screened inductive splitter can be obtained, ideally with F connectors but they do come with coax connectors.

http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/Splitter/

Two cables can be combined (UHF-UHF diplexer) but in this case TV aerial and cable could be on the same frequencies and combining from two sources would corrupt everything where the frequencies match. A UHF-UHF diplexers/combiners are becoming rare these days as most combiners are used to combine different transmission bands into a single cable DAB/VHF/UHF/Satellite.