PDA

View Full Version : Stand by or Depp Stand by on ET8500

ALIEN1X
24-08-16, 21:33
Can someone explain the difference between stand by and deep stand by on ET8500 and the pros and cons

I note inn stand by the PVR recorder works when set but not when in deep standby?

Is it safe to leave the box in stand by mode 24x7 As I'am concerned about over heating although I have turned the fan seeting to shut on stand by but it still spins now and then?

adm
24-08-16, 21:35
The difference is the power the box takes. Deep standby is less than 1W

My Extrend 10K records from deep standby.

ALIEN1X
24-08-16, 21:38

How do get it to record frm deep standby? and Is standby that much power hungry as its the ony way I can set the timer when away or at night?

Larry-G
24-08-16, 21:51

Not quite.

Standby basically just kills the audio and video feeds, every thing else is still running at pretty much full pelt. hence you still have the ability to telnet and FTP into a receiver that is in standby etc. Deep standby however is almost a full power down.

Also your box does not record from deep standby but will wake from deep standby to allow a recording to take place then return to deep standby after it has completed with the aid of a specifically setup timer and where hardware compatibility permits.

sarntech
25-08-16, 05:49
How do you put in into deep standby?:o

Sicilian
25-08-16, 05:53
How do you put in into deep standby?:o

Hold down power button on remote, select deep standby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarntech
25-08-16, 08:03
Is there a way of programming a key on the remote to put it into deep standby.
I use a Harmony remote to turn the TV, Xtrend, and soundbar on and off with one keypress. It would be useful if this could used to put the 8500 into deep standby instead of standby.

Sicilian
25-08-16, 08:06
Setup power timer in timers to setup autodeepsleep timers. Can also set them to wake to standby.

sarntech
25-08-16, 08:27
Setup power timer in timers to setup autodeepsleep timers. Can also set them to wake to standby.
I've set up "auto deep standby" with a sleep delay of 60.
Is that correct?
How do I get it wake to standby? :confused:

ALIEN1X
25-08-16, 09:50
Not quite.

Standby basically just kills the audio and video feeds, every thing else is still running at pretty much full pelt. hence you still have the ability to telnet and FTP into a receiver that is in standby etc. Deep standby however is almost a full power down.

Also your box does not record from deep standby but will wake from deep standby to allow a recording to take place then return to deep standby after it has completed with the aid of a specifically setup timer and where hardware compatibility permits.

So how do I set it up to wake from deep stand by for any recording and when recording is complete it gose back into deep standby until the next recording etc?
Nothing is mentioned in manuals.

ccs
25-08-16, 09:53
It will automatically wake from deep standby to do a timer recording, and you can set the timer to go back to deep standby after the recording when you are creating it.

ALIEN1X
03-09-16, 19:51
It will automatically wake from deep standby to do a timer recording, and you can set the timer to go back to deep standby after the recording when you are creating it.

So all I need to do is go to my epg select a programme I want to record then add timer and select option to go into deep standby when programme ends
the select ok.

Then put the receiver into deep standby then this should automatically wake on programme timer from deep sleep and finish recoding then go back to deep sleep?

ccs
03-09-16, 19:52
.... that works for me.