PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend 8500 - screen on box stays on

Notebook64
23-08-16, 19:07
Hi
Openvix 4.1.01G release

When i turn the box on out of standby the screen on the box shows whats on the TV. If I go to the settings and say turn off it turns off. I save it like this. When I power on next time it comes back on even though the setting says off.. How can I keep it off?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Flyingpig
23-08-16, 19:37
I have the same problem on ViX 4.0.16.

I turn it off, come down the next morning - its on, restart box, it comes back on, even though in the menu it is set to off. If you change it to on and then off it goes off, but a few hours later it comes back on. HHHHmmmmmmmmmm..... Was hoping this would be sorted in 4.2.01.

Sicilian
23-08-16, 19:58
See attached for my screen settings.

If you want off in standby, set brightness's to zero lowest setting.

Flyingpig
23-08-16, 20:07
I just want it off all the time, and when I turn it off, even though it is set to off, they LCD screen is on. Starting to get used to it being on anyways now.

Not robbing the thread - so I will shut up now. Sorry OP>

bluepassat
23-08-16, 20:28
I like it, mine shows lost of information

you could upgrade to 4.2 and set the dim feature

Sicilian
23-08-16, 20:39
I just want it off all the time, and when I turn it off, even though it is set to off, they LCD screen is on. Starting to get used to it being on anyways now.

Not robbing the thread - so I will shut up now. Sorry OP>

Set power lcd display to off.

Reboot, hold down standby button on remote and select restart on tv.

During parts of reboot splash screens will appear, but once fully booted screen will switch off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
23-08-16, 21:31
I have always set as default the live tv screen to off and think this should be the default setting.
In my build and other images the default is to display the lcd skin.