PDA

View Full Version : Stutter and pixelation on recorded playback?

TonyN
23-08-16, 18:15
Hi, can anybody please advise. When I play back a recording, every couple of minutes there is a flash of pixelation and the recording jumps forward a second or so. Not much to go on, I am not a techy, but here's hoping. Thanks in anticipation.

DaMacFunkin
23-08-16, 19:49
If you rewind the recording does it do it again in exactly the same place?
If it does can you try a recording and change channels every 30 seconds or so, if anything else is connected to your lnb try changing channels on them as well.
If you can then confirm that the channel changing matches the recording glitch, then you may have a cable short, probably up at the lnb, or even a faulty lnb.

Rob van der Does
24-08-16, 00:40
And if the above test does tell you the issue is in the recording: does this only happen on encrypted services, or also on FTA?

TonyN
24-08-16, 14:22
Hi, it is only on recording, all channels - even fta, it does not happen if I am watching Tv's live through the sat. Yes, it does it in exactly the same spot if I rewind and play again.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
24-08-16, 14:43
And you're recording to?? Internal/external HDD, USB-stick, NAS, other box?

TonyN
24-08-16, 18:59
And you're recording to?? Internal/external HDD, USB-stick, NAS, other box?

Sorry, recording to internal HDD.

Rob van der Does
25-08-16, 04:12
As there are no issues during live-TV, but picture disruptions on fixed times during playback, it looks like an issue with you HDD. Can you swap it with another one, to make sure?

TonyN
28-08-16, 15:46
Yes, will ask my son he is an IT engineer, and report back.

By the way, can you (is it a good idea to) format the HDD in a solo2?

Thank you very much indeed.

Rob van der Does
28-08-16, 17:21
Yes, the HDD can be initialized (i.e. formatted) via the GUI of the box. If it has been done by another device, PC or so, it surely is a good idea to do so.

PS: this can be difficult when the HDD is set to HDD (which it usually is). This can be overcome by connecting an USB-stick, set that (via the mountmanager) to HDD, and after the reboot you can initialise the 'real' HDD. Be carefull, as the USB-stick is now called HDD, so make sure you pick the right one.
When all is done, don't forget to reset the HDD as HDD.....

wozles
23-07-19, 11:44
Hello.
Can I resurrect this thread or should I start a new one? The OP has not said if his problem was cured.
I have the same problem. It only happens 'sometimes'. I have been unable to pin it down. It happens on different channels at different times but usually when 3 or more recordings are being made at the same time. Only one recording is affected. I was suspecting one of the tuners.
Could this be the case? Is there a way of identifying which tuner was used to record a programme?
My machine is a Vu+ Uno 4K. Image5.0.025 with 8 tuners and an external hard drive.

ccs
23-07-19, 11:52
Go into the timers list (green button). Scroll down and highlight a completed timer, press info, and it will tell you which tuner was used.

wozles
23-07-19, 12:26
Thanks ccs.
I did this and got to the bit where I press info (I see the grey 'button' above blue 'Cleanup' ) BUT I have no 'info' button on my remote.
I tried 'OK' but only got programme info.
Any other route?

wozles
12-08-19, 11:26
I discovered that holding EPG button acts as 'info' but it does not display any tuner info.
I'm abandoning this problem, I'll just live with it. Thanks to all.

cactikid
12-08-19, 14:01
Is your external hdd a passport or powered externally.

ccs
12-08-19, 19:20
Thanks ccs.
I did this and got to the bit where I press info (I see the grey 'button' above blue 'Cleanup' ) BUT I have no 'info' button on my remote.
I tried 'OK' but only got programme info.
Any other route?

To whom it may concern :):- The yellow button isn't being used in "timer list", maybe it could be added with "info" as its function?

ccs
17-08-19, 11:31
….. I've just noticed that only a timer currently recording has the yellow button free, so silly idea after all. Surprised no one else commented.
Having said that, I'm not sure why you would want to disable a completed timer with the yellow button.