PDA

View Full Version : How do you set the time on A VU+ Duo With VIX 1.3 Image?

Kefalonia
06-01-11, 20:49
Tried to set the VU+ time via Menu> Settings> Timezone but the time didn't update when the correct timezone was chosen.
Shouldn't the time be manually set in the VIX wizard on start up or automatically via the network wizard once the internet connection is set up?
Please could someone tell me how to correctly set the time using this image.
Thank you for any help received.:)

1) When setting up the VU+ Duo using Vix 1.3, why isn't time and date set up in the setup wizard along with setting up any internet connection?

2) My VU+ Duo displayed the wrong time on setup, so I went to Menu> Settings> Timezone and changed my time zone to the correct time zone.

3) Once the time zone was set my VU+ Duo box didn't set to the correct time even when the internet connection had been configured and the box rebooted.

4) Vix is taking shape as a nice GUI, but its mind boggling overcomplicated for most users, it needs to be made more user friendly and less complex.

Could Vix 1.4 be able to set the VU+ Duo box time manually in the set up wizard along with configuring an internet connection.
I'm trying to set the time on my VU+ Duo but the time wont set correctly even after using Menu> Settings> Timezone and configuring my internet connection and rebooting the box.
Vix needs to be simplified or the complexities of it hidden using an "advanced option" to remove some of the complexities of it.
Advanced computer users struggle with understanding this image, let alone the average man.

irishchris
06-01-11, 20:51
it will set automatically when you tune into a tv channel as it will pick it up from transponder

Stanman
06-01-11, 20:52
As silver said for the time and timezone as you have done. When you eited you did save the settings?