I'm running an old vix image
Want to use
AirPlay
Autobouquet
And the other latest plugins .
Is kodi or Xbmc available on any vix image

Larry-G
23-08-16, 07:17
The duo is a very old receiver and as such I would recommend you avoid the newest images and stick to a older one.

Airplay does not work for any e2 box and has not for a while due to changes made by Apple them selves and you won't find kodi on this box either only a emulator in the former of kodi direct.

Sicilian
23-08-16, 07:29
Latest image runs fine on Duo, but I'd recommend using Cacheflush plugin and enabling a swapfile on USB.

As Larry says, no Airplay or Kodi for old Duo, its does not have cpu power to run the Kodi plugin.

boxer29
23-08-16, 08:02
Latest image runs fine on Duo, but I'd recommend using Cacheflush plugin and enabling a swapfile on USB.

As Larry says, no Airplay or Kodi for old Duo, its does not have cpu power to run the Kodi plugin.

So vix 4.1 will run on his one or what image you recommend for vu+duo
I think I use vix 3.xx at the moment
I also use swapfile on us bat the moment .
What does cacheflush plugin do ,does it clear the cache for the old box .
Can you recommend the best compatible vix image for my old vu duo box .
Thanks

Sicilian
23-08-16, 08:05
So vix 4.1 will run on his one or what image you recommend for vu+duo
I think I use vix 3.xx at the moment
I also use swapfile on us bat the moment .
What does cacheflush plugin do ,does it clear the cache for the old box .
Can you recommend the best compatible vix image for my old vu duo box .
Thanks

Try latest 4.2 and see, everyone uses receivers differently. Mines always a basic setup. Take a backup of your current image so you can always go back to it if needed.

Cacheflush plugin clears cache on system ram.

redrobin
23-08-16, 08:48
I recently upgraded my Vu+ Duo to 4.2 after staying on a 3 version for a long while, not had any noticeable problems, but i only use it mainly for recording and don;t have many plugins installed apart from autoBouquet.

boxer29
23-08-16, 22:54
Thanks will try and report back here if any problems

Larry-G
24-08-16, 16:58
I personally fail to see the point in running a image where it's so handicapped that you have to also run two other pieces of software just so it does not fall flat on its arse with every day normal use.

gibbletts
24-08-16, 18:38
Agree and that software uses system resources so you have to wonder if what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts

boxer29
24-08-16, 18:51
im confused here now ,
should i go for the vix 4.2 or what image you recommend for my old box

Mr. Mister
24-08-16, 19:05
Try the OpenVix 4.2-001 and create a swap file.. If all goes ok.. then your on a winner..
If it dosent.. Then make sure to make a back up of your current set up.. so you can revert back to if the 4.2 does not work..
But should be ok.. I flashed OpenVix 4.2-001 on a 6 year old Duo today for a buddy of mine.. And all seems ok..
Hope this helps..

Sicilian
25-08-16, 06:08
I personally fail to see the point in running a image where it's so handicapped that you have to also run two other pieces of software just so it does not fall flat on its arse with every day normal use.

IIRC you used to advise users the advise I posted above. Btw, only one is a plugin, other is build into any Linux system :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
25-08-16, 06:52
Nothing new here: this has always been advised for the DUO.

Larry-G
25-08-16, 06:59
IIRC you used to advise users the advise I posted above. Btw, only one is a plugin, other is build into any Linux system :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

then you recall incorrectly because I have never used nor recommended the use of either a swap file nor the cache flush plugin with the duo. That is however beside the point and does not detract from my statement that I personally fail to see the point of having to use these two plugins in order to stabilise a image just to get it running on a 6 year old receiver without it locking up or tripping over it self.