PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Recording Location has Changed

SkyFan
20-08-16, 14:14
My recording location was media/hdd/movie. I downloaded all the recordings onto my PC then initialized the hard drive, restarted the box and today when I connect to my box via FTP I see that the recording location has now changed to: media/hdd. I now see the following folders as well:

crossepg
lost+found
timeshift

Any idea why this would happen? How can I change it back to how it was?

I looked at my box settings and it says the default movie location is "media/hdd/movie" so I don't know why it's recording to a different location than that.

bellejt
20-08-16, 15:37
you can determine that in mount settings.

Ford1
20-08-16, 15:52
have you made a recording since initaliasing the drive, maybe it will create the movie folder automatically when you make a recording?

SkyFan
20-08-16, 16:08
Where is mount settings?

Yes I've made recordings and they are in the location I mentioned.

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 16:11
Off topic, whey did you initialise the HDD?

SkyFan
20-08-16, 16:14
Because I had a few recordings that didn't record when they were supposed to. Maybe it was because the drive was full, I then deleted same files and it then had the space and recorded the remainders of the shows. I don't know. But I just formatted just to be safe.

I find that I also need to format once every month to prevent split recordings: A file will instead of recording to 1 file will record some to 1 file and the rest to another file like this:

20150405 2050 - Challenge - New_ TNA Impact_ 2015.ts
20150405 2050 - Challenge - New_ TNA Impact_ 2015_001.ts

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 16:44
when I connect to my box via FTP I see that the recording location has now changed to: media/hdd.

I now see the following folders as well:
crossepg
lost+found
timeshift

Not sure how you can determine this setting by FTP.

Once you start using the receiver you will find the following folders on the hdd.
movie
timehift
crossepg (after setting up crossepg downloader)

I had asked about initialisation because of your EPG issue. If your HDD has issues, this could be the cause of the problem. I am not saying there is a problem with the HDD, just alerting you to a possibility. There is a way to check the HDD for errors using the receiver, I don't know how to. Hopefully someone can assist.

TIP: You may wish to change the following option:

Menu/setup/system/recording and playback settings

Composition of recording filenames = event name first