PDA

View Full Version : TV tunner will only work when ET8500 is fully on, not in standby when using loop out

ALIEN1X
19-08-16, 20:48
Hi,

I have my ET8500 with 3 DVBT2 Tunners al connected via loop, the the last tuner is lopped out to my tv tunner.
I want to use my TV tunner when thr ET is recording other channels.
The problem is that the TVtuner onky works when the ET8500 is switched on but not in stand by or deep stand by or when switched off.

Its all connect via loop in and out cables up to my TV in buit tuner.

Any advsie How I can get my tv tunner working when all is connected in loop mode and ET8500 is in Stand by mode?

abu baniaz
19-08-16, 20:58
Sorry. Should have mentioned this in other thread. You will have to use a splitter so that STB and TV are independent if there is no signal on loop out port.

The three tuners on STB can remain looped.

ALIEN1X
19-08-16, 22:23
Sorry. Should have mentioned this in other thread. You will have to use a splitter so that STB and TV are independent if there is no signal on loop out port.

The three tuners on STB can remain looped.

Ah , that's a shame I thought the tv Tuner would have at least worked when ET8500 is in standby mode.
I'm having problems with the setup wizard it only detects 1 dvbt2 and the others are noted as DVB C I'm Shure Iasked for 3 HD terrestrial tuners.

How do I rune or start the set up wizard again, as I tried re-booting but no joy only see the open vix sign, and back drop picture a open field with tree, with please wait written on top right hand corner after trying to attempt to scan, been like that for hours.

ccs
19-08-16, 22:29
You need to configure each tuner in turn to be T2. That's probably why the tv isn't working in standby.

Can't check the detail at the moment.

ALIEN1X
19-08-16, 22:32
You need to configure each tuner in turn to be T2. That's probably why the tv isn't working in standby.

Can't check the detail at the moment.

Any ideas how I can restart the wizard as I can't see any options to let me do it?
I only got the unit today.

I think I ticked alloy of options in the channel scan s may be that's the reason its taking so long to set up.

ccs
19-08-16, 22:36
Which wizard are you referring to ? If you've been in standby and deep standby, the setup wizard must have finished.

ALIEN1X
19-08-16, 22:41
Which wizard are you referring to ? If you've been in standby and deep standby, the setup wizard must have finished.

Its openvix

I just turned the bix on an it went into set up mode, and when it came to the tunners I selected DVBT2 an then the type of scan which was freq and loads of other stuff. I just ticked boxes so it scans everthing.

I need to start the initial unit setup again but how?

Bangord30
19-08-16, 22:46
You'd need to factory reset if wanted back to the wizard. All the screens you can get into manually though from menu setup

cactikid
19-08-16, 23:19
is t2 freeview/saorview by aerial on roof only?
are the tuners changeable to dvb/t to dvb/t?

ALIEN1X
19-08-16, 23:32
You'd need to factory reset if wanted back to the wizard. All the screens you can get into manually though from menu setup

I have had to go via menu system and manually selected itme.I set up tuner A as dvbt2 and scaned it but now not sure how to set up tuner B to do the same etc If I select tunner B it will not give me a scan option?

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 01:48
I have tuned all 3 tuners now, in standby I can use my built in TV tunner, in deep standby I can not use my built in TV tuner.

I can record 2 channels at the same time but can not watch a 3rd or record a third, it says failed to tune when I select a channel to watch or record.

I tried to access the files on an external hard disk which I used and initialised for recording on the ET8500. It works when connected to ET8500 but not when connected to pc/laptop to view the recorded files?

Any tips on above, as none of this is mentioned in the manual.

DaMacFunkin
20-08-16, 05:35
post a screen shot of your tuner config page, this is a lot easier than you are making it, you set each tuner to DVB-T2 and the broadcast area, then you only need to scan once.

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 07:23
Scan menu and tuner configuration menu are two different menus. You do not have to factory reset if you want to change tuner configuration.

Nor do you have to scan from all tuners. only scan from one.

If you initialised/formatted the HDD using the receiver, it is now in Linux file system. This is why you can't see the recordings Search for guide to do so. pretty sure it is a sticky thread.

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 10:21
post a screen shot of your tuner config page, this is a lot easier than you are making it, you set each tuner to DVB-T2 and the broadcast area, then you only need to scan once.

I did set each tunner A Band C to DVBT2, the broadcast area set to all UK regions (I'm based in East London/Essex) I just thought it may be the best option.

And I scanned all 3 tuners separately, but noted you say only scan 1?

I also get error message when I turn the unit on 'Tune Failed' ?

If click on EPG I can see the channel programme on the small view panel on EPG then when I click on it to fully view the channel I get picture freezing, pixelated and tune fail error message?

How do get a screen shot of menu config page?

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 10:26
Scan menu and tuner configuration menu are two different menus. You do not have to factory reset if you want to change tuner configuration.

Nor do you have to scan from all tuners. only scan from one.

If you initialised/formatted the HDD using the receiver, it is now in Linux file system. This is why you can't see the recordings Search for guide to do so. pretty sure it is a sticky thread.

So I delete all channels from all tuners - A B.C a how? So I Scan again from tuner A only.

Regarding the external USB hard disk, how should I format it so I can record and view the .ts files to transfer/copy to another usb drive?

I also can not find a function to export files / recording?

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 17:11
Ok I have kind all working no with a bit of trial and error and so its a learning curve. I can get all 3 tunners to record well at east 2 simultaneously and watch a third channel. Some times get message the ' That Tune Failed? But not as much now.

The problem I have is that the attached USB hardrive has been initialised by the box for recording, but not sure how to access the recording for playing on the quick rather then going thru loads of menus?

I cannot transfer files as .ts to another attached USB drive as it will not be recognised unless its initialised. AS the drives are initialised my windows based oc will not pick or see the drives and files for transfer and copying?

There is a move option for recordings but again it will not detect the other attached NTF formated USB drive as its transfer destination which already has media files .ts ,avi,mkv etc?

There is no apps menu like media player or file exploerer?

Not sure how to install VLC on this as thre is no web browser applications etc?

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 17:16
So I delete all channels from all tuners - A B.C a how? So I Scan again from tuner A only.

Channel data is not tuner number/letter specific, it is tuner type specific. Whichever tuner you use, all other tuners of same type will have access to the channel data.

Just post screenshots of tour tuner configuration. You have three tuners, please post three separate screenshots

Also, which mast is your aerial pointed to? Refer to this website if you need to

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Regarding the external USB hard disk, how should I format it so I can record and view the .ts files to transfer/copy to another usb drive?

Leave HDD as it is. Receiver uses a Linux operating system, the linux file system is best.

As you are connecting the HDD to your PC, see this guide:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22172-How-to-Access-Linux-Partitions-(ext2-ext3-ext4)-From-Windows

I would however recommend you FTP/setup mounts.

Another suggestion for you, you may wish to change the following option:

Menu/setup/system/recording and playback settings
Composition of recording filenames = event name first

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 19:36
Channel data is not tuner number/letter specific, it is tuner type specific. Whichever tuner you use, all other tuners of same type will have access to the channel data.

Just post screenshots of tour tuner configuration. You have three tuners, please post three separate screenshots

Also, which mast is your aerial pointed to? Refer to this website if you need to

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Leave HDD as it is. Receiver uses a Linux operating system, the linux file system is best.

As you are connecting the HDD to your PC, see this guide:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22172-How-to-Access-Linux-Partitions-(ext2-ext3-ext4)-From-Windows

I would however recommend you FTP/setup mounts.

Another suggestion for you, you may wish to change the following option:

Menu/setup/system/recording and playback settings
Composition of recording filenames = event name first

How do I setup mounts?

The files that read Linux partions like Ext2 FSD all appear to be corrupt and invalid on that site?

My Areil is now set up to have broadcast from Crystal palace, in London

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 20:10
If not done already (hence request for pictures), in your tuner configuration, set up all three tuners as:
Terrestrial Provider = Crystal Palace, London(gb) (Europe DVB-T/T2)

For linux file system issue
Please search the net for "windows read linux file system"

Here is one guide I found

http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

Best not to put all questions in one thread.
Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.

Ford1
20-08-16, 20:30
If you activate samba in the network settings, you should be able to browse and transfer files between the hdd and your pc

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 21:04
If you activate samba in the network settings, you should be able to browse and transfer files between the hdd and your pc

Will set that part up, but my windows laptop is not connected to the ET8500 , not shure how to phycially connect that.
I do have a lan network connection to the ET8500, but noted there is not web browser app or explorer similar to windows.

ALIEN1X
20-08-16, 21:50
If not done already (hence request for pictures), in your tuner configuration, set up all three tuners as:
Terrestrial Provider = Crystal Palace, London(gb) (Europe DVB-T/T2)

http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.

Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.[/QUOTE]

I could not do a screen shot as my laptop is not connected to the ET8500. So I have written some of my configuration settings down:

All 3 tuners A,B C are set as:
Si26x (DVB-T2) Switchable Tuner types (DVB-T2,DVB-C)
Configuration mode - Enabled
Terrestrial Provider - Crystal Palace, London
Enable 5v for active antenna - Off

Under Recording settings
Default recording type - Normal

Ford1
20-08-16, 22:37
you don't physically connect them, its done over your internal network. so if the et8500 is connected to your router then you can access it from any windows (or android) based system.

ALIEN1X
21-08-16, 11:45
you don't physically connect them, its done over your internal network. so if the et8500 is connected to your router then you can access it from any windows (or android) based system.

Mt ET8500 is connected to a wireless Ethernet bridge which wirelessly connected to the router in another room.

So could i connect my laptop to the wire less Ethernet and get access to ET8500 ?
Or could I connect the lap top direct to the ET8500 using cat5 cable?

gibbletts
21-08-16, 12:18
If your box is connected to your router and your laptop is also connected to that router if you have samba set up on the box you will see it in Windows explorer,

ALIEN1X
21-08-16, 13:16
If your box is connected to your router and your laptop is also connected to that router if you have samba set up on the box you will see it in Windows explorer,

OK will try it, but will need a long cable as router is in another room or I will try connecting it via wireless Ethernet hub.

I have tried connecting the hardrive to a android media player which only plays files, the HD recordings for some reason do stutter with audio delay.