PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift improvements

mik9
06-01-11, 15:50
It is good that Permanent Timeshift (PTS) is integrated in VIX, however there are few things that would definitely need some more tuning. Could someone comment on this, in regards what is possible or planned?

1. System timeshift is obviously running too, creating own timeshift.xxxxxx file, the same as pts_livebuffer.n. Would it be possible to get rid of this to save some resources? This should also make next point feasible.

2. Recording indicator on front display is triggered by timeshift which is not good behavior. It would be pretty easy to remove LED controlling from PTS; so it is only matter if system timeshift can be switched off.

3. Seeking to previous event (when you reach beggining of current event) is pain in the a.., it is behaving absolutely chaotically and far from smooth transition.

4. Seekbar would be much better with time behind indicator.

5. Working with events is not always good way as their borders are often far from real program beginnings/endings. But we probably have to accept this philosophy as other method would require extensive recoding. Just for info, how this is done on DVB-T Topfield. It just buffers last two hours and you can easily go anywhere in that interval. You can invoke recording from any place of timeshift buffer and just setup total time of recording. This is it. Easy, without having troubles with events.

I am sure other users will also have some ideas. However, I consider point 3 as very serious, points 1-2 as middle and point 4 as more or less cosmetic only.

andyblac
06-01-11, 21:18
It is good that Permanent Timeshift (PTS) is integrated in VIX, however there are few things that would definitely need some more tuning. Could someone comment on this, in regards what is possible or planned?

1. System timeshift is obviously running too, creating own timeshift.xxxxxx file, the same as pts_livebuffer.n. Would it be possible to get rid of this to save some resources? This should also make next point feasible.

2. Recording indicator on front display is triggered by timeshift which is not good behavior. It would be pretty easy to remove LED controlling from PTS; so it is only matter if system timeshift can be switched off.

3. Seeking to previous event (when you reach beggining of current event) is pain in the a.., it is behaving absolutely chaotically and far from smooth transition.

4. Seekbar would be much better with time behind indicator.

5. Working with events is not always good way as their borders are often far from real program beginnings/endings. But we probably have to accept this philosophy as other method would require extensive recoding. Just for info, how this is done on DVB-T Topfield. It just buffers last two hours and you can easily go anywhere in that interval. You can invoke recording from any place of timeshift buffer and just setup total time of recording. This is it. Easy, without having troubles with events.

I am sure other users will also have some ideas. However, I consider point 3 as very serious, points 1-2 as middle and point 4 as more or less cosmetic only.

we are just using the PTS plugin would be better contacting the plugin coder

mik9
06-01-11, 22:06
we are just using the PTS plugin would be better contacting the plugin coder

What about disabling system timeshift? It looks that it is hardcoded in enigma. Do you have any possibility to switch it off? I do not know what kind of documentation you have, maybe there is a switch and it can be done easily.

yngvekl
07-01-11, 09:50
What is system timeshift?

mik9
07-01-11, 10:07
What is system timeshift?

It is the default timeshift built-in enigma. If you do not have PTS, you can invoke it by pressing pause button and only then it starts timeshifting.

yngvekl
07-01-11, 10:14
Ahh, just the pause button... Sorry!