PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Ultra] Sluggish STB since installing oscam pcscd on 4.2

imish
18-08-16, 20:19
Flashed from 4.1.16 > 4.2 and reset the box from scratch as suggested.

Running Oscam-latest & mediaportal as the only two plugins outside of the standard build (same as with the previous builds - running for the past 6 months).

STB seems sluggish as if its struggling for memory - frequent busy spinning wheel - reboot sorts it out for a while before it happens again after a few hours - unresponsive Webif so have to reboot via telnet / physical.

can someone guide / point me as to how to collect the relevant logs for the team to have a look at.

Also appreciate if someone can guide me as to whether anything sensitive needs to be removed from the logs before sending it across.

Appreciated

abu baniaz
18-08-16, 20:26
The way to get debug logs has not changed.

Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs
The default location is /home/root//logs. You can change it in that menu.

You must restart for changes to take effect.

If the debug log does not fit completely, attach it to post instead of pasting it.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

imish
18-08-16, 20:29
Thanks Abu - will keep that in mind.

anything "sensitive" in there that i need to remove?

abu baniaz
18-08-16, 20:38
Not that I can think of, unless you are connecting to iptv streams.

birdman
18-08-16, 23:28
You must restart for changes to take effect.You only need to restart the GUI, rather than reboot the box.

imish
20-08-16, 09:53
Update - moved from OSCAM-Latest-PCMCS?? > Oscam and the box seems to be working much better.

frankblueking
20-08-16, 11:09
I am also experiencing sluggish response from my Ultimo since a "fresh" update to 4.2.001. The box crashed after trying to do a GUI restart, had to power down manually. No crash log generated but did see an on screen message saying "page did not load". Although I recognise that it is difficult to give advice on limited information any help on what to try next would be appreciated. The only extra items I install are CCCam, Fan Control 2, buffer & Samba. Regards :confused::confused:

Andy_Hazza
20-08-16, 11:15
I am also experiencing sluggish response from my Ultimo since a "fresh" update to 4.2.001. The box crashed after trying to do a GUI restart, had to power down manually. No crash log generated but did see an on screen message saying "page did not load". Although I recognise that it is difficult to give advice on limited information any help on what to try next would be appreciated. The only extra items I install are CCCam, Fan Control 2, buffer & Samba. Regards :confused::confused:

Samba on your Vu+ Ultimo could be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankblueking
20-08-16, 21:21
I didn't realise that Samba could be an issue. What are the symptoms?

imish
20-08-16, 21:24
Update - moved from OSCAM-Latest-PCMCS?? > Oscam and the box seems to be working much better.

in addition to this step I also removed the AFP service (although that didn't seem to make too much difference).

abu baniaz
20-08-16, 21:38
Is it OK to retitle thread title to reflect cause of your issue? As it stands, title would discourage people from using newest image.

Only asking to avoid censorship accusations.

imish
20-08-16, 21:41
Is it OK to retitle thread title to reflect cause of your issue? As it stands, title would discourage people from using newest image.

Only asking to avoid censorship accusations.

I'm OK with the mods changing the title if they prefer.

question remains as to why OSCAM-latest-PCSxx slowed down the box with 4.2 as I had the same config for months on previous versions of firmware without issues.

not an expert in this area so simply reporting my observations.

frankblueking
21-08-16, 17:01

I have noticed another problem since upgrading, when I stream I am asked for username and password even though HTTP encryption is disabled!! My box username & password do not work. I have gone back to v4.01.16 and the problem goes away! (ie VLC doesn't ask for UN & PW) What has changed in the new image software and how can I work round it? :wave:

abu baniaz
21-08-16, 17:04
I'm OK with the mods changing the title if they prefer.

question remains as to why OSCAM-latest-PCSxx slowed down the box with 4.2 as I had the same config for months on previous versions of firmware without issues.

not an expert in this area so simply reporting my observations.

Your configs were the same, however you used a different plugin. Not sure why you decided to install the pcscd version of OsCAM, as evidently you do not have an external/separate card reader.

Thread title changed from "Sluggish STB since upgrading to 4.2" to "Sluggish STB since installing oscam pcscd on 4.2"