PDA

View Full Version : Watching recorded content on Smart TV in other room

shalin
17-08-16, 13:47
Why am I not able to do this please?

I have Vu+ solo2 in Living room and smart tv in bedroom.

I also have NAS drive.

I tried to browse to Vu+ Solo2 but this is not possible?

I tried to copy recorded contents from solo to NAS which was success. But then I can't play this content on android smart tv without issues.

Larry-G
17-08-16, 14:23
Your probably going to have to re-encode the recorded .TS files to another format your TV recognises. The formats it supports will be determined by hardware unlike a pc which you can just load a new codek or player to support other formats.

simono5
17-08-16, 20:01
Why am I not able to do this please?

I have Vu+ solo2 in Living room and smart tv in bedroom.

I also have NAS drive.

I tried to browse to Vu+ Solo2 but this is not possible?

I tried to copy recorded contents from solo to NAS which was success. But then I can't play this content on android smart tv without issues.

What sort of NAS have you got? If one that you can install apps on could you install Emby/Plex on the NAS and the same client on the TV?

shalin
17-08-16, 21:27
What sort of NAS have you got? If one that you can install apps on could you install Emby/Plex on the NAS and the same client on the TV?

Synology play

simono5
17-08-16, 22:18
Synology play

Maybe Plex would work for you. I'm not sure how it would cope with transcoding the TS files.

Install Plex on the Synology. get it to Index the Solo 2 and then install the Plex client on the TV? Not tried it myself.

If you get Plex set-up you can install an E2 client to watch Satellite channels through Plex.