Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skronk
15-08-16, 20:21
Why using video enhancement plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpness is all !

maxben
15-08-16, 21:35
Alot of plugins were never updated when support was added for 1080 skins.

I use this plugin also as I find Broadcom chipsets always over saturate the colour so I use it to reduce this.

As you found out the one off the feed doesn't show a UI.

I found a different version that has a basic UI, you'll have to uninstall the current vers you have installed and install this one manually.

birdman
15-08-16, 21:37
Hi,

Anyone advise ?The default skin does.
Use it. Set things up. Switch back to your chosen skin.

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 04:42
Hi,
Anyone advise ?
Magic-FHD does; it's a 1080 skin available on the feeds.

Please be aware that for HD the plugin will adversely affect the picture quality. So if you use it for streams/files/SD see what the effect of your settings is on HD.

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 04:45
As you found out the one off the feed doesn't show a UI.
Oh yes, it does!

maxben
16-08-16, 08:34
Oh yes, it does!

Jeez, pedantic comes to mind, so I should of said it doesn't show a UI with certain skins including the one I use - YouVix-Blue and obviously the skin the OP is using :rolleyes:

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 09:38
Jeez, pedantic comes to mind, so I should of said it doesn't show a UI with certain skins including the one I use - YouVix-Blue and obviously the skin the OP is using :rolleyes:
Well, supplying some information when making complaints is indeed a good idea. Nothing pedantic about that :p
The default skin, ViX-HD, Magic-HD, Magic-FHD (and some more) all show the plugin as it should. I recently fixed the issue you mentioned for the skin 'ViXBMC'.
In general: if there are issues (with a skin or otherwise) please report them as such. We have a procedure (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51380-How-to-post-in-OpenViX-Support-Section!) in place, that allows us to process them neatly.

Anyway: I took notice of your complaint and Ill have a look at it soon.

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 09:44
I use this plugin also as I find Broadcom chipsets always over saturate the colour so I use it to reduce this.

Actually that's not true. The box doesn't do anything with broadcasts at all: it supplies them to the output as they are. The box doesn't do anything wrong in this respect.
Actually it's most (all??) TV's that are wrongly set to over saturate the picture. What really should be done is to properly adjust the TV-picture.

Larry-G
16-08-16, 09:49
Actually that's not true. The box doesn't do anything with broadcasts at all: it supplies them to the output as they are. The box doesn't do anything wrong in this respect.
Actually it's most (all??) TV's that are wrongly set to over saturate the picture. What really should be done is to properly adjust the TV-picture.

agreed, all modern TVs are by default setup to showroom specs which looks great in the showroom but is utterly useless in a home environment.

birdman
16-08-16, 10:12
Actually it's most (all??) TV's that are wrongly set to over saturate the picture. What really should be done is to properly adjust the TV-picture.I've always had to lower the colour saturation on my TVs.
(Apparently I also have a habit of doing it to my relatives' TVs if left alone in a room with the remote...).
Eyes don't need much help to pick out colour.

maxben
16-08-16, 10:15
Wow, some sweeping generalisations last few posts. (excluding Birdmans post) :)

FYI I always have my TVs professionally calibrated and the over saturating of colour has always been present with Broadcom chipsets STB especially red including my current 2016 OLED and my previous plasmas. None of my other sources exhibit this issue including the cheap ALIEN mini I have with ST chipset.

Anyway I'll leave it at that as we are way off topic.

Over and out.

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 10:47
I've always had to lower the colour saturation on my TVs.
(Apparently I also have a habit of doing it to my relatives' TVs if left alone in a room with the remote...).
LOL... sounds very familiar :)

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 10:50
@maxben: it's completely up to you what you do; it's your equipment. As long as you're happy, I'm happy too.

Rob van der Does
16-08-16, 15:49
Anyway: I took notice of your complaint and Ill have a look at it soon.
I just fixed this for the YouVix-series; thanks for your tip!