PDA

View Full Version : How do you clear EPG data?

GiP
06-01-11, 14:35
Hi,

I am using CrossEPG on Vix 1.3 to gather EPG from the Satellite data (my STB is rarely connected to the net) for SKY IT and SRG .

What happens is the data for the following days sometimes change and CrossEPG seems to compund all the info and so it happens (or, at least that is what I think is happening...) that it gets messy, with the same program starting at different times (5-10 min apart). It would be great to have an option in the menus to "clear" the data and start over, but missing that how do you do it?
What file(s) should be deleted and when? With enigma stopped maybe?

Thanks.

G

pooface
06-01-11, 14:49
but missing that how do you do it?
What file(s) should be deleted and when? With enigma stopped maybe?

Thanks.

G

This all depends on where exactly your epg data is stored... But, the best way (assuming you know where you set up your data to download to), is:

init 4 <- stop enigma2
rm /media/device/epg.dat
rm -r /media/device/crossepg
init 3 <- start enigma2

You should know where epg.dat and the crossepg folder are on your system... ;)

GiP
06-01-11, 18:05
This all depends on where exactly your epg data is stored... But, the best way (assuming you know where you set up your data to download to), is:

init 4 <- stop enigma2
rm /media/device/epg.dat
rm -r /media/device/crossepg
init 3 <- start enigma2

You should know where epg.dat and the crossepg folder are on your system... ;)

Yes, I have everything in /media/hdd.
I'll write a script do do that, but really, it would be nice to have an options in CrossEPG or in VixEPG to do that (hint,hint..).

Thanks,
G

silverfox0786
06-01-11, 18:15
vix epg does not get the data crossepg does vix epg just handles it in a readble format

for this to be done as pooface said earlier you need to report this request to crossepg him self

GiP
06-01-11, 18:50
vix epg does not get the data crossepg does vix epg just handles it in a readble format

for this to be done as pooface said earlier you need to report this request to crossepg him self

Yes, I know. But the job of clearing the data could be done by both of them, or by me as I just did and, in fact, the EPG is a LOT cleaner.
The Download was faster too, as if most of the time before was spent in combining the new with the old.
Maybe CrossEPG should have an option to NOT combine different downloads but just use the last one. I'll see if I can post a request or twp in the CrossEPG site.

G