PDA

View Full Version : Service unavailable check tuner configuration

sarntech
15-08-16, 17:58
I'm getting the above message. I've rebooted the box, checked the connections, checked the aerial (it's connecting to a TV in another room), and run an automatic scan which finds no channels.
The screen is showing "open is please wait".
Is there anything else I can do to get it working? Using ABM.
Any help much appreciated.

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:04
What have you configured the tuners as? Might be better for you to post a screenshot for each tuner.

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:10
Both tuners configured as
Simple
Single
28.2E Astra 2e/2f/2g
Send Diseqc : no

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:14
You have an aerial wire connected to satellite tuners. That is not going to work.

Satellite wire to satellite tuner
Aerial wire to terretsial/hybrid tuner.

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:15
You are new here, please read the thread in link below which explains how to start threads.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:19
You have an aerial wire connected to satellite tuners. That is not going to work.

Satellite wire to satellite tuner
Aerial wire to terretsial/hybrid tuner.
I have satellite leads to satellite tuners. It's been working fine until today and I haven't changed anything.

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:21
You are new here, please read the thread in link below which explains how to start threads.
OK - note taken

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:24
What is the meaning of this?

checked the aerial (it's connecting to a TV in another room), and run an automatic scan which finds no channels.

What has changed/happened today?
Did you install anything like channel list or perform an update?
What image are you using?

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:33
What is the meaning of this?

What has changed/happened today?
Did you install anything like channel list or perform an update?
What image are you using?
I checked that the aerial hadn't moved by watching Freesat in a different room.
I haven't changed anything today. I looked for release 4.2.001 in Image Manager but didn't download it.
How do I check my image?

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:37
Menu > Information > About
will show you image details, but don't worry about it.

What do you mean by "aerial". Aerial and satellite dish are two different things. I am guessing you are using a splitter of some sort for your satellite wire.

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:38
Menu > Information > About
will show you image details, but don't worry about it.

What do you mean by "aerial". Aerial and satellite dish are two different things. I am guessing you are using a splitter of some sort for your satellite wire.
Sorry - wrong terminology. I'm using a satellite dish.
There are coax leads in ports A and B.

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 18:46
Sorry - wrong terminology. I'm using a satellite dish.
There are coax leads in ports A and B.

Are these wires direct from the satellite dish or do they go via an intermediary?
Were they removed from receiver today?

sarntech
15-08-16, 18:57
Are these wires direct from the satellite dish or do they go via an intermediary?
Were they removed from receiver today?
They are direct from the dish. I swapped the leads when the problem arose because tuner B was not showing on the box display.

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 19:03
Double check the f-plugs have not screwed out from cable.

sarntech
15-08-16, 19:04
They are direct from the dish. I swapped the leads when the problem arose because tuner B was not showing on the box display.
I've swapped the leads to their original ports now and am running an automatic scan and the channels are downloading

sarntech
15-08-16, 19:33
The channels have downloaded now and all is well, I think, although the message "tune failed" did appear on the screen.
On the box display it shows "A" but not "B". Is that correct? Or should I do a scan for tuner "B" as well.

sarntech
15-08-16, 19:47
I'm not sure if the lead to Port B is live. If not, is there a workaround such as a splitter?

Andy_Hazza
15-08-16, 20:09
Can't use a splitter with traditional satellite LNB/feeds etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarntech
15-08-16, 20:13
Can't use a splitter with traditional satellite LNB/feeds etc.

OK. Thanks.
Is Port B useless if it is receiving no signal? Or can I set it to do something? :confused:

twol
15-08-16, 20:31
If the lcd display shows A in white and not B then it means A is in use and B is free.
If you select say BBC1 and then go to main menu/Setup/Service searching/Signal finder

Then you can switch between the tuners by selecting tuner and switching between A and B
What does it show??

sarntech
15-08-16, 20:39
If the lcd display shows A in white and not B then it means A is in use and B is free.
If you select say BBC1 and then go to main menu/Setup/Service searching/Signal finder

Then you can switch between the tuners by selecting tuner and switching between A and B
What does it show??
If I switch to B no channels are found.

twol
15-08-16, 21:00
If I switch to B no channels are found.

So if you are on BBC1 and switch to signal finder. Tuner A shows ? and you switch from A to B and B shows no signal?

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 21:05
@twol. if you want him to check signal, just get him to out tuner config to simple, single, auto. If it locks, it will return 28.2.

cactikid
15-08-16, 23:22
as twin feeds are used for 28.2 you only need 1 good scan for both ,by any chance do you have other tuners fitted in rear of box and you noted the position of A - D?

Ford1
15-08-16, 23:45
would an easier way to be hit record on bbc1 then press the up arrow and see if any other channels are available, if all are available, this shows tuner b is avaliable and working?

sarntech
16-08-16, 04:37
as twin feeds are used for 28.2 you only need 1 good scan for both ,by any chance do you have other tuners fitted in rear of box and you noted the position of A - D?
There are 2 satellite tuners with the leads to ports A and B.

sarntech
16-08-16, 04:38
would an easier way to be hit record on bbc1 then press the up arrow and see if any other channels are available, if all are available, this shows tuner b is avaliable and working?
I'll try this later.

sarntech
16-08-16, 09:35
If I record BBC1 no other channels are available.
A and B both show as red in the display. (Tune failed shows on TV)

sarntech
16-08-16, 09:38
Can tuner B be used for anything? Or do I need to get a satellite signal to it?

Huevos
16-08-16, 10:37
Plug your first feed into tuner a. Tryto view a channel. Now remove that feed from tuner a, and plug the othe feed to tuner a. Is it possible to wstch a channel in both cases?

sarntech
16-08-16, 13:15
Plug your first feed into tuner a. Tryto view a channel. Now remove that feed from tuner a, and plug the othe feed to tuner a. Is it possible to wstch a channel in both cases?
No. If I transfer the feed from B to A there are no channels.

sarntech
16-08-16, 13:56
Given that only Port A is receiving a satellite feed should I change the tuner settings so that Tuner B can be used? I've seen a "loop-through" and wondered if this can be utilised.
Or am I better off getting another satellite feed connected? :confused:
Sorry for the many questions and grateful for all the help I'm getting.

Sicilian
16-08-16, 15:03
Does tuner b actually have a feed direct to lnb or not? If not set to not configured because it cannot be used without a feed.

sarntech
16-08-16, 15:06
Does tuner b actually have a feed direct to lnb or not? If not set to not configured because it cannot be used without a feed.

"loop-through" won't help will it?
Or do I need to connect a satellite feed for TUNER B to be any use?

Sicilian
16-08-16, 15:13
Yes needs a feet to lnb or set to not configured.

sarntech
16-08-16, 15:32
Yes needs a feet to lnb or set to not configured.

Thanks.
Set Tuner B to not configured. I''ll get the LNB feed checked. Is the benefit of a second feed that I can record and watch another channel at the same time?

twol
16-08-16, 16:27
In general, Yes