PDA

View Full Version : mutant hd51

steviesoitis
15-08-16, 13:51
will there be an open vix image available any time soon for the mutant hd51 4k ? Very close to buying one but there doesn't seem to be any images out there yet as its so new, just wondering if and when there will be openvix for this receiver?
seems a very decent spec for the price at only £239 or maybe i should just get something else?

twol
16-08-16, 10:10
... but I would wait until the drivers stabilise or perhaps until the "others" arrive in time for Xmas :)

Larry-G
16-08-16, 10:10
OpenATV and OpenPLI seem to be supported, I can't see a major reason it wouldn't get VIX and other support in the future - it's cheap, decent spec and from a known provider of reasonable standing afaik?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a lot more involved in determining whether a receiver will receive official ViX support than cheap and decent spec. I can't go into the exact process as I'm no longer involved in that world but it's something no amount of speculating on the forum will influence.

steviesoitis
16-08-16, 11:36
It's £239 from xxxxxxx I emailed and they confirmed it's in stock

bassethound
16-08-16, 11:55
the boxes are sold with OpenATV image pre installed

Sicilian
16-08-16, 12:28
There's a number of bugs that need fixing before an image gets released. Also sept/October new stock due that will be cheaper. Batch on sale right now is 1st production batch.

Larry-G
16-08-16, 13:17
Agreed, I over simplified. If it were that easy Zgemma's would be supported and they're obviously not for a variety of very good reasons. VIX is nice (i'd not be on a vix specific forum if I wasn't a fan), but ATV and PLI are also very capable images so the way I see it, it comes down to this:

The HD51 is almost the same price as the solo2, but 3x faster, it's got more flash and a decent dual core ARM CPU, if you aren't bothered about FBC (saves an LNB upgrade or additional dish/new LNB) and can accomplish whatever usage you require with ATV or PLI then the mutant is a great deal. At some point WoS may stock them (the current mutant section seems like they're selling off stuff rather than supporting them) and VIX may support them at some point, it's very, very early days yet. The other options are wait 3-4 months or spend £110 more for a Solo4k with FBC and £60+ on an LNB upgrade, more like £85+ if you need another dish. FBC is tempting, but including a spare dish and LNB that's almost £200 extra, you can almost have two HB51's for that.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that that zgemma shite will never have ViX support.

duoduo
16-08-16, 16:42
Larry you always make me smile by not mincing your words ha ha... #bringbackpheonix

Larry-G
16-08-16, 16:44
Larry you always make me smile by not mincing your words ha ha... #bringbackpheonix

never have and never will. Thanks for the vote mate but Phoenix is dead and won't be coming back.

Larry-G
17-08-16, 13:10
i did say 'very good reasons' ;)

some of which include a total lack of any real quality control and absolutely no safety certifications what so ever.

It's cheap shite that's very likely to result in a fiery death for some unlucky user sooner or later.

About time trading standards pulled their thumbs out of their arses and banned this trash from general sale in the uk. Won't prevent greedy sellers getting them in the country but will at least show users how dangerous these things really are.

Larry-G
17-08-16, 14:20
Yep, they're cheap and the on paper spec is good, that's about all I can say that's positive. With the likes of the OS mini now being priced as it is, then I don't really see a place for them in the market long term except in the lowest end of things. Lets be honest the parent company has a history for hit and run production and sooner or later they'll stop making them and pop up as something else.

I fully agree and I do understand that most users simply can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds for a receiver, but it's no excuse for buying trash. I'd probably still be using my old dm 7020 is if it were not for the test boxes I received while I was a tester / dev for ViX. other teams can do what they want, while I may no longer be a member of ViX, ViX is still the only image I use except for BH every now and then.

aido
18-08-16, 07:06
Do these use Broadcom tuners or something else please? I haven't been able to find that info yet but did read a comment saying the SD quality was very good in comparison to an Xtrend box but it was Google translated so I may have the wrong end of the stick.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-16, 07:39
Mut@nt & Xtrend 4K receivers using the boring traditional tuners... hehe [emoji13]

Sicilian
18-08-16, 07:42
Just a heads up for anyone, this box is now available for £199 delivered with single tuner.

Complete with numerous bugs that need fixing, think the seller is jumping the gun a little....just to get sales.

aido
18-08-16, 10:16
Is the HD51 Samsung tuners then?

I found a picture suggesting the Xtrend 12000 is using Samsung add in tuners anyway:
http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Slide3.PNG.0bf03a1af6b0af37a4204eeba5c96e15.PNG

Andy_Hazza
18-08-16, 10:59
Agree it's bleeding edge as mentioned above, I'd personally not go in on one now as a main box, but if you don't mind buying on the basis it'll be a bumpy ride to begin with and for several months after, then you have the option. The same seller regularly pulls the same stunt from memory - I only ever see them used in launch situations iirc.

I've read the Mut@nt HD21 is just a no thrills box and defo not bleeding edge as stated.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-16, 11:16
Yeah. Defo worth keeping an eye on this receiver especially at that price and being 4K. Will see price drops on the other receivers to compete, hopefully....... [emoji4]

Larry-G
18-08-16, 11:29
anyone buying one is in effect beta testing it - more so than usual :)

That pretty much describes most of the E2 receiver market including most of the boxes produced and released by Vu+.

steviesoitis
18-08-16, 11:33
Mine should be here tomorrow, I'll let you's know how I get on

bassethound
18-08-16, 11:57
not worth buying a 4K receiver yet no proper UK 24h tv channels yet

jenseneverest
18-08-16, 12:35
not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.

Larry-G
18-08-16, 14:31
not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.

Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.

Larry-G
18-08-16, 14:40
Agreed, E2 hardware is enthusiast territory, OEM's appear to take the view that they can put out hardware that's barely functional/tested and the image teams will develop/feedback issues. that's always been the case, even as far back as the original dreambox E1 boxes.

Image support sells hardware and bug reports/fixes perpetuates the myth that a particular OEM is better than another.

Correct and some manufacturers (cough Vu+ cough) seem to believe that their boxes need no form of testing before release. They just expect teams to instantly offer support. If more teams put their foot down and refused to offer support until they at least had a chance to properly test the hardware and image like ViX used to then you would have a far more stable platform.

The sat hardware market moves at a glacial pace, I suspect it'll be a while before we see 2-4GB RAM/quad core CPU's, but hopefully the higher end stuff will and it can be put to good use. I'd love to have something like E2BMC UI's, with ARM that becomes a step closer as does a true 'one box' solution.

i suspect it may never come to be honest, you simply do not need that kind of spec just to watch TV and every thing else the manufacturers tout as features like kodi are to be considered as extras.

As for ARM that's still very early days and E2 would need almost a full rewrite or better still a totally new OS. E2 was only really written for mips. Other chip manufacturers have tried and failed miserably to get in on the E2 scene.

twol
18-08-16, 14:54
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)

Larry-G
18-08-16, 14:58
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)

lmao I hear that mate. I have two zone 2 sky dishes each with a octo lnb a 80 cm motorised dish with a twin lnb and a 1 meter dish with another octo lnb.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-16, 15:05

You are more of an old traditionalist guy then eh Twol. [emoji4]

twol
18-08-16, 15:27
You are more of an old traditionalist guy then eh Twol. [emoji4]

Old Yes!:)

Andy_Hazza
18-08-16, 15:39
hehe.

jenseneverest
18-08-16, 15:47
Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.

Yes i do, but it is not relevant. Everyone knows that Zgemma is a budget box. I am a fan your right. That dosn't make Zgemma the only box i use lol.
Its is simple thinking really, everyone else has to get realistic with price to get a piece of the pie. No one else produces a 55 quid twin tuner, but there are now a lot more cheaper boxes now on the market then there was before Zgemma come along.
Will we see a zgemma 4k quad FBC tuner with HDMI input and 5 inch lcd disply? Probably not lol

Stanman
21-08-16, 13:32

Have to agree, am holding of a 4K box even though got a 4k telly as nothing appeals so far and unlikely to do so for some time. More importantly personally dont think there will be much in way of 4K content from the providers that you can view on these boxea

steviesoitis
28-08-16, 23:48
Spot on, running opentatv5.3. took a while to set it up as any thing I found relating to this box was in a different language

twol
29-08-16, 06:59
Spot on, running opentatv5.3. took a while to set it up as any thing I found relating to this box was in a different language
My (German) wife always tells me that it helps to improve my German:)

If there is anything specific you have learnt, it might be worth documenting for everyone? :)

rossi2000
15-09-16, 22:46
just like they promised xbmc 2 years ago :)

Sicilian
16-09-16, 04:49
Also noticed the mention of another VIX based image seems to have upset Sicilian, I wasn't aware mentioning a GPL based fork that wasn't OpenVix was likely to cause anyone to get up right, it seems to have been fine for other team images, just figured it may have helped someone out :)

It's not the fork I have an issue with. The organisation in question has blatantly cloned OpenViX and used the ViX name for their own benefit. OpenViX has taken years or team work and development and bought massive changes and improvements to the Enigma 2 world, what exactly have these guys developed for e2?? Forking our e2 is one thing, but using our name and touting our image as their own is another!!

Other teams have used our e2 as a base, but have any of those used our name?

aido
16-09-16, 06:11
Does anyone know if the HD51 will support channels with hybrid log gamma (HLG) format HDR please? There are a couple of demo channels running this now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

twol
16-09-16, 06:34
Just noticed that with new bootloader the chip is being driven faster, so interesting :)

Andy_Hazza
16-09-16, 08:11
I'm looking forward to getting one of these. If its anything like my Mut@nt HD2400 I'll be very happy. [emoji4]

aido
16-09-16, 09:13
Just found out that HLG should be supported and was in one of the recent driver updates (for OpenATV anyway):

Driver Update 18/08/2016

* Update to HDMI 2.0a
- HDR Metadata Extraction
- HDR pass-through
- HDR-HLG (Hrybrid-Log Gamma)
- SDR -> HDR conversion
* Add DTS Support

john doe
16-09-16, 16:17
am in for a new box and been holding off to see what the next generation boxes have to offer. The mutant 4k is appealing to me, only issue I have is the remote, not universal and cant use with tv. sick of having two many remotes around the room, always end up losing one and taking ages to find. in addition is there a real benefit to buying one, if we don't have 4k channels.

twol
16-09-16, 18:58
Without registering ViX as a brand (and a certain stock exchange would probably have a few things to say) I don't personally see a massive issue, if you have the sense to flash a box, you have the sense to understand the difference between two names which both have VIX in them surely?

As to what they've done in a relatively short period of time vs what OpenVix has achieved in 6 years, the answer is likely to be comparatively little, but that 'little' seems to have been to open up support for boxes that ViX historically hasn't catered for, some for obvious reasons

Without wishing to pick an argument, you only have to look at the level of questions on this forum and some of the responses to Q,s on ViX4 to realise that your 1st point is a little naive, No .... most people do not understand the difference and most debug logs I have seen imply its part of OpenViX .... that is fundamentally wrong. Looked at their Web site today and although there is a "support forum" it has no user posts.
It,s now even worse now that OpenViX version is 4.x!

Ref your 2nd point, there is a limit to how many receivers you can fully support (even Vu is a major headache (in my view from reading the threads). Wetek.... nice little box (I built my own ViX image with Dev support) but Wetek have now thrown that all away by dropping future E2 support for this and current new boxes, so OpenViX dev made the right decision:)

I understand where you are coming from, but you have to look at Dev priorities. I bought my Xtrend ET8500's in Germany (where I live) a good 6+ months before Xtrend were prepared to sell through retailers in the UK (I asked them, and their priorities were in the German speaking countries - a big market), so I built my own ViX image ... not expecting ViX to do,it for a box that they couldn,t sell or get their hands on.

HD51, an interesting receiver that was targeted initially here in Germany and OpenATV appear to get priority support to get their image working.
I am sure that when there is volume available in the UK, VIX will look at providing the necessary support but you only have look at the OpenATV site to see that this receiver is still a work in progress ...... although very interesting and looks positive.

Larry-G
19-09-16, 16:52
It's not that uncommon if forking an OS under a 'GPL like' licence to reference it's origin, NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD for example, though OS X/iOS don't reference BSD and neither did SunOS/NeXTSTEP or pfsense in the name. In the E2 landscape you see it as well, Black Hole, Black Pole, Open BH etc and that's before you get into who used what as the source for the work they release. Without registering ViX as a brand (and a certain stock exchange would probably have a few things to say) I don't personally see a massive issue, if you have the sense to flash a box, you have the sense to understand the difference between two names which both have VIX in them surely?

As to what they've done in a relatively short period of time vs what OpenVix has achieved in 6 years, the answer is likely to be comparatively little, but that 'little' seems to have been to open up support for boxes that ViX historically hasn't catered for, some for obvious reasons (Air Digital), others i've never fully understood the lack of love for eg WETEK as WoS is a UK distributor. In fairness the image could be garbage and the drivers awful, I simply don't know as I lack the hardware to test at present, I just thought it may help out VIX users who want to get hold of an HD51 now rather than wait for you to get sufficient stock to warrant pushing the hardware and VIX to launch an image the same day as stock goes live.

make no mistake these arse clowns are not making their image for the benefit for the community or even to bring ViX to receivers otherwise not supported by ViX.

These arse clowns are making their image for pure profit. They have a well known and well earned name for piss poor after sales support and robbing their customers once a sale has been made. Just try going on their forum to point out a bug in the image or report a problem with a receiver they sold and you will be banned for life.

The sole reason they put out their image with the ViX name is to coin in on customers who think they are buying a receiver that will receive full ViX support it's just that simple. These guys are scum and the lowest of the low, even lower than the fools touting that zgemma shite.

Larry-G
19-09-16, 16:57
No argument here twol, i'll be honest I barely skimmed the other forum and I lack supported hardware so it's not much use to me at present - it was literally just a heads up for anyone who had purchased an HD51 and was waiting on VIX support as opposed to going to PLI/ATV. Ref the Wetek build it was your sig that sent me off in that direction and I spotted the post you made. WETEK being an OpenElec hardware partner have always interested me so it was on the 'toy' list, instead I went in another direction with the intention to use my Solo2 to feed Kodi boxes.

i have two wetek boxes and in my opinion there garbage. One with a satellite tuner was taken out of the box and put rite back in it again. The other with a terrestrial tuner has sat next to my Xbox one for over a year gathering dust. I even bought the E2 remote which has been used once. I'd rather use my fire tv boxes than a wetek every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

harkan
21-09-16, 12:17
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Here we go :D

wow very nice thanks my friend

Larry-G
21-09-16, 14:01
Wait... you hate something more than AirDigital products? ;) Joking asside I can't say one way or another what the image is like or the supplier, i've used neither - though after today that may change. I can't argue with the commercial link between image development and box sales - this forum proves that link is healthy and active.

I come from a cable background and have been a Kodi/OE fan for a long time, WETEK have a decent OE link, i'd have loved them to build on that, hence the 'toy' to play with outlook, i've since decided to go the other way, hence back to sat for the first time in a long time. My FTV4K is a great box, it's as snappy as the i3 NUC+SSD for general use and is now my go-to option for friends/family.

I did nothing other than moan on here and bug some old friends in Germany, they were good enough to get an answer for me on the critical question of FBC and a few other bits, I asked if I could re-post the FBC info and was told it was OK. A few other bits that were mentioned i've not said anything about as they're not relevant, but it looks like Mut@nt have a few tricks in development for the HD51, the overclocked boot loader being the first of 3 features that were mentioned. Thank Sicilian for ordering them :)

By all means do your own research and you will see how bad a company they are to deal with (the first clowns not wetek) and yes I detest them with more bile than airgidigtal. At least there openly out to rob you, these lot try to do it on the sly and fail every time.

steviesoitis
24-09-16, 17:23
What's the other two features if you can share the info? Cheers

macaw000
10-10-16, 13:02
I bought this box (Mutant HD51) 3 weeks ago and I am really satisfied with it. I would like to know when an Openvix is going to be available for that model?

Regards,

john doe
10-10-16, 17:48
I bought this box (Mutant HD51) 3 weeks ago and I am really satisfied with it. I would like to know when an Openvix is going to be available for that model?

Regards,

the sponser is taking orders for the box and looks like openvix image (and other images) come with it. so I assume very soon

Sicilian
16-10-16, 08:27
Moved to new HD51 section.

crossa
16-10-16, 20:41
hi guys would it be worth waiting for one of these or would i be better going for a vu box?

maxal
16-10-16, 20:51
I'am waiting just wish there was some available in the UK to buy.

DaMacFunkin
17-10-16, 07:30
ARM is a massive leap forward.
Hello as a fellow solo4k user and owner of other audio video products that use ARM can i ask why you think it is a massive leap forward?
I'm not looking for an argument or anything i just would like to know what you find is an improvement, because my experiences so far have been frustrating.
I understand that a lot of manufacturers are using ARM because of the so called bang for buck, but all my devices that use it seem to have the same caveat and it is something VU+, Nvidia, Google (Android TV) have tried to fix but can't.

maxal
17-10-16, 07:53
Boxes have been available in the UK for months at the same price as WoS are charging for pre-orders, just not from WoS. I ended up going with a Solo4K as I wanted FBC and Unicable and could't wait. New dish up, LNB installed and running, the hardest part has been getting used to OSCAM rather than MGCamd, that's taken a few hours to get my head round and find the right config for my use.

If you don't *need* FBC now then nothing else touches the HD51 for the money, ARM is a massive leap forward.

Hi thanks for replying any chance you can point me in the right direction from where I can buy a HD51 today as I have tried alot of different resellers and no one has any stock

Sicilian
17-10-16, 08:00
Hi thanks for replying any chance you can point me in the right direction from where I can buy a HD51 today as I have tried alot of different resellers and no one has any stock

No one has any stock, you can pre-order from WoS here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

twol
17-10-16, 08:43
Have to say that all should read DaMacFunkin,s post and understand the i plications before dashing off to buy one:)
Arm is where the business is driving for good technology reasons (pity its no longer British), but there are implications.
1. you only have to look at how long it has taken to get the Vu box to somewhere useful and the HD51 is still having changes to implement things that you expect from day 1 , like pip. (You have to edit the boot file to get features)
2. Enigma gui restart is fast, but although full restart is faster, not a lot:)
3. E2 wise, it offers what all the others offer now.
4. some functionality like couch flash is missing on ViX
5. Oscam only ... not a big deal and a forward looking softcam

Don,t get me wrong its a nice box but you need the right expectations set or you could be disappointed

bassethound
17-10-16, 14:33
The other factor stopping me spending big on a new 4K sat box is more sat providers are switching to new encryption.

and we could all be sat on very expensive door stop once the sky's go dark.

Bazzer
17-10-16, 15:04
The other factor stopping me spending big on a new 4K sat box is more sat providers are switching to new encryption.

Jesus i was thinking of getting a new box , i think i will hang fire now:confused:

Sicilian
17-10-16, 15:43

Sly is only one provider, there's more to satellite than them. You show me any generic receiver out there that as good as a E2 box, even just for freesat or freeview.

E2 boxes much better than any freesat or freeview box.

maxal
17-10-16, 15:54
No one has any stock, you can pre-order from WoS here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Thanks, I would preorder but i have asked them when they are due in and they can't give me a positive answer.

Sicilian
17-10-16, 15:56
Thanks, I would preorder but i have asked them when they are due in and they can't give me a positive answer.

No one can. Read the listing @ WoS http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

PRE-ORDERS BEING TAKEN, NEW STOCK DUE WEEK COMMENCING 24TH OCTOBER LATEST!
IN THE EVENT STOCK ARRIVES SOONER WE WILL UPDATE AND SHIP ALL PRE-ORDERS SOON AS STOCK ARRIVES.

maxal
17-10-16, 16:21
Preorder placed fingers crossed WOS get stock before the 24th

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-10-16, 16:21
Everyone will be waiting for the same delivery to be landed, once it hits Germany

Think you've been mis-informed. Main distributor is European, but its certainly not from Germany. Germany distributors would be distributors like us. Our stock comes direct from Mutant-Digital supplier.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-10-16, 16:22
Preorder placed fingers crossed WOS get stock before the 24th

Officially stock due next week, but there could be a chance of the stock coming sooner. Thank you for your order :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
17-10-16, 18:54

Week commencing 24th October stock is due.

Joe_90
18-10-16, 21:55
I've taken the plunge and ordered one!

Andy_Hazza
18-10-16, 22:06

Good lad. Look forward to your views when you have it up n running please Tony. [emoji4]

maxal
18-10-16, 22:18

Me to got to play the waiting game now

Tunder
19-10-16, 03:17
Hello Guys
I have a 4k TV and I am really interested on this receiver, I live in the USA and we need blind scan out here, does any body know if this receiver is capable to do blind scan.
Please let me know.
Tunder

Dave5118
19-10-16, 07:44
Lots of rumours going around that this new box is capable of receiving 4:2:2 feeds, can someone that has one of the 1st batch to be released, confirm, or more likely deny these rumours please?

Thanks, Dave.

DaMacFunkin
19-10-16, 09:12
I have searched for this before and how many channels actually broadcast in 4:2:2? I can't find a list anywhere.
With the right tuner you can view these via the Nvidia Shield TV which is what i intended to do.
But it never got off the ground.

Dave5118
19-10-16, 11:43
There are no 'channels' that broadcast using 4:2:2, only provider 'feeds'. You can find these from satelliweb for example at the time they broadcast. Pot luck if you time it right though lol, but there will be some tonight (CL football) and on weekends(various sports). of course most of them encrypt in biss too, which can be overcome too :D

twol
19-10-16, 11:47
Hello Guys
I have a 4k TV and I am really interested on this receiver, I live in the USA and we need blind scan out here, does any body know if this receiver is capable to do blind scan.
Please let me know.
Tunder
Appears to be No, even with the plugin Tuner( Eardatek, thankfully not from Samsung :) )

Friedlinghaus
19-10-16, 14:14
Hello Guys
I really appreciate that OpenViX team is going to make an image for mutant hd 51. Does anybody know if the new Open Vix image will support OpenATV multiboot feature? I have ATV 5.3 in partition 1 and partition 2 (different configuration), in partition 3 HDFreaks image and for partition 4 I would like to
use Open ViX image.
Thank you in advance.

twol
19-10-16, 15:02
Hello Guys
I really appreciate that OpenViX team is going to make an image for mutant hd 51. Does anybody know if the new Open Vix image will support OpenATV multiboot feature? I have ATV 5.3 in partition 1 and partition 2 (different configuration), in partition 3 HDFreaks image and for partition 4 I would like to
use Open ViX image.
Thank you in advance.
provided you have ftp'ed the ViX image to hdd/images or on a usb, there is no reason that you cannot use ATV to flash the ViX image and then restart as usual with that ViX image.
Multiboot is a really nice facilty (I use it all the time on my ET8500) and the ATV multiboot implementation for the HD51 is good ......... I have reworked their code (thank you ATV) to my HD51 ViX image, but don't expect it to be standard on ViX :)
I hate using the software update facility and usb flashing an image, so this means I can couch flash and test without screwing up a working image :)

steviesoitis
19-10-16, 15:12
Where do you get the vix image from twol? Or do only certain people get it for testing?

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 16:54
Where do you get the vix image from twol? Or do only certain people get it for testing?

Twol is a Beta Tester. HD51 image is not available to the public yet. Still in the testing stages.

Friedlinghaus
19-10-16, 20:02
provided you have ftp'ed the ViX image to hdd/images or on a usb, there is no reason that you cannot use ATV to flash the ViX image and then restart as usual with that ViX image.
Multiboot is a really nice facilty (I use it all the time on my ET8500) and the ATV multiboot implementation for the HD51 is good ......... I have reworked their code (thank you ATV) to my HD51 ViX image, but don't expect it to be standard on ViX :)
I hate using the software update facility and usb flashing an image, so this means I can couch flash and test without screwing up a working image :)

Thanks for fast reply. I'm not any linux-guru and my english is not goog enough to understand everything you wrote. But as I know for example OpenPLi is not possible to use with ATV multiboot because it takes whole 4GB flash for image as a one partition. ATV image divides 4GB flash into four partitions each 1GB and each can be used for image flashing. So my concern regarding OpenViX image was that it could handle 4GB flash similar way as OpenPLi. I don't want use multiboot with USB flash etc..

twol
19-10-16, 21:43
Thanks for fast reply. I'm not any linux-guru and my english is not goog enough to understand everything you wrote. But as I know for example OpenPLi is not possible to use with ATV multiboot because it takes whole 4GB flash for image as a one partition. ATV image divides 4GB flash into four partitions each 1GB and each can be used for image flashing. So my concern regarding OpenViX image was that it could handle 4GB flash similar way as OpenPLi. I don't want use multiboot with USB flash etc..

Basically when you flash the ViX image, it goes into one of the partitions..... I haven,t followed up but when the image is built it can be set up to use either of 2 options, use the whole 4GB or format into the 4 partitions ..... I am assuming that any OE-A image will use the latter option., whilst OpenPli uses the 1st.option.

twol
19-10-16, 21:56
Without naming names, another 'VIX based' image is available already for the HD51.
..... and why would you use that?
I tend to run my own builds using OpenViX as a base, but depend on all the hard work and support from the ViX team and certainly would not push any thing I did outside of OpenViX.... and I wouldn,t support somebody that pushes a Vix alternative.

Sicilian
20-10-16, 07:05
Without naming names, another 'VIX based' image is available already for the HD51.

From people who wouldn't give a crap about stopping support whenever it suits them or when they no longer sell the product stop support. Using the ViX name for their own benefits. How many E2 images did they stop soon as the product was not longer available?

Any more posts about these guys and they will be deleted.

twol
20-10-16, 07:57
You could set up your own build environment and go the DIY route, but lets be honest that's not for everyone, and as soon as WoS have stock, a OpenViX image will be made available. To me that's essentially that's what each image team did at some point, it strikes me as ironic that anyone would object to others doing the same, as long as the licence is complied with and the source given credit then I don't see the problem, without that happening we wouldn't have OpenViX.But they are using a build thats not fully tested and may give problems, so who do you think they will expect to fix?:)
Even OpenAtv who have been building for some time are still making changes for this receivers image .. i feel strongly about this because of the fact that "they" have released an image based on un released code

cooknl
30-10-16, 11:42
Hi Guys,
In hope its aprpriate to ask here, Can some tell me how to find out which REMOTE control code is used in the Mutant HD 51 please.

Thx

Sicilian
30-10-16, 11:57
Hi Guys,
In hope its aprpriate to ask here, Can some tell me how to find out which REMOTE control code is used in the Mutant HD 51 please.

Thx

See in listing here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

cooknl
30-10-16, 12:45
See in listing here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Sorry Sicillian but I dont see it in the list maybe i dont know what to look for???

Rob

cooknl
31-10-16, 08:32
does anyone know how to find the remote code ??? I cant seem to see it in the linked list above.
Thx

Rob van der Does
31-10-16, 09:00
What exactly do you mean by 'remote code'? What do you need it for?
It looks like you want to use a universal R/C for the 5, correct? If so, you need to ask the manufacturer of that R/C, as he's the one who knows what codes he uses (there is no general code list).

cooknl
31-10-16, 10:23
What exactly do you mean by 'remote code'? What do you need it for?
It looks like you want to use a universal R/C for the 5, correct? If so, you need to ask the manufacturer of that R/C, as he's the one who knows what codes he uses (there is no general code list).

Jep you got it right5 I mean the codes used to operate the tuner via is remote control. The remotes have a special CODE which has all the functions of the remote that it works with. Iam looking for that code so I can use a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony 650, to control the tuner.
I was told that the remote code was somewhere in the firmware of each tuner but have no idea where to find the code.
If I need to go to theMFGR of the box MUT@NT can somebody tell who themanufacturer of the MUT@NT HD 51 is??
I have googled but have not come up with anything except for distributors and they wont give out their source.

Thanx anyway for responding Rob van der Does, I appreciate you helping.

Rob

cooknl
31-10-16, 12:05
If anyone is interested the manufacturerer is Mutant-digital their internet adres is
http://www.mutant-digital.net

Rob

Rob van der Does
31-10-16, 17:45
Jep you got it right5 I mean the codes used to operate the tuner via is remote control. The remotes have a special CODE which has all the functions of the remote that it works with. Iam looking for that code so I can use a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony 650, to control the tuner.
I was told that the remote code was somewhere in the firmware of each tuner but have no idea where to find the code.
If I need to go to theMFGR of the box MUT@NT can somebody tell who the manufacturer of the MUT@NT HD 51 is??
I have googled but have not come up with anything except for distributors and they wont give out their source.

Thanx anyway for responding Rob van der Does, I appreciate you helping.

Rob
Most universal R/C's need a code that is provided by the manufacturer of that R/C, not the manufacturer of the STB.
The Harmony 650 however can, if the STB is not in the Logitech database, learn all commands from the original R/C. It will take you some time to learn them all, but it's a one time only job.

professor
05-11-16, 00:04
can anyone tell me which cccam version is working on mutant hd51. i have downloaded the 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 from openvix.co.uk but when u press ok/green button to activate the cam it does not get it activated and cccam crashing after that

anyone else facing same problem

Rob van der Does
05-11-16, 05:26
Yes: none.
There is only a (very old and not maintained) CCcam for mipsel boxes.
AFAIK there's only one softcam for ARM-boxes, and that's Oscam (with is working fine and being maintained on a daily basis).

Sicilian
05-11-16, 05:51
can anyone tell me which cccam version is working on mutant hd51. i have downloaded the 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 from openvix.co.uk but when u press ok/green button to activate the cam it does not get it activated and cccam crashing after that

Google 'CCcam to OSCAM Converter'.

Blu-ray
05-11-16, 10:19

I think it was Rob who said in a earlier thread to download another image with Oscam already built into it. Save it to desktop then reload Vix seems a lot easier way than Cccam to Oscam converter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sicilian
05-11-16, 10:35
Some basic configs are being prepared, but there's plenty of oscam info available via google.

maxal
05-11-16, 11:27
Hi, I have installed Vix Blue HD skin on my HD51 but I would like to make some changes when after pressing the epg button, I would like to change the yellow button function from epg search to -24hrs and the blue button from add autotimer to +24hrs is this possible?

stavo
05-11-16, 11:48
Mutant hd 51 users is it just me when i went to bed last night turned my stb off via the off button, whe trying to turn on this morning via the remote had would not come on had to pull power cord ?

regards

Stavo

maxal
05-11-16, 13:43
My second day with mine and mine came on ok this morning

bwuddywabbit
05-11-16, 14:32
Hi,
got mine last night, put openvix in it, doesn't come with CCcam2.3, MGcamd 1.35 or IPTVplayer,had a look about,
installed all the above but both cams won't work, put all the files in the right places, any ideas,
regards,

ccs
05-11-16, 14:37
... I think Oscam is the only one you can use.

Rob van der Does
05-11-16, 14:37
Again: the only softcam that works on any ARM-processor is Oscam.

bwuddywabbit
05-11-16, 14:39
where can i find info on how to do that,
regards,

john doe
05-11-16, 14:40
OSCAM is the only way you can go with ARM.

bwuddywabbit
05-11-16, 14:41
oh and which one is it in the plugins download is it
regards

ccs
05-11-16, 14:41
where can i find info on how to do that,
regards,Try the previous page of this thread.

bwuddywabbit
05-11-16, 15:02
hello again,
downloaded oscam from plugins,
converted CCcam to oscam, where do i ftp the file please,
regards,
:)

Ashley69
05-11-16, 15:16
root/etc/tuxbox/config

bwuddywabbit
05-11-16, 15:32
hi,put file in,
rebooted box, pressed oscam,
pressed green{show clients}
got message,
error(errno) connection refused

Blu-ray
05-11-16, 15:39
Some basic configs are being prepared, but there's plenty of oscam info available via google.

I am sure u will be able to do some kind of basic configs for Oscam without breaking the forum rules. If this is the way 4K stb are going it should cutdown on the same question asked day in and day out every time someone buys a new 4K stb.

john doe
05-11-16, 15:54
hi,put file in,
rebooted box, pressed oscam,
pressed green{show clients}
got message,
error(errno) connection refused

you need to configure files to your card setup.

harkan
05-11-16, 16:02
Hbbtv and web browser not working;I think we'll wait a bit

maxal
15-11-16, 21:58
Anyone know what the the 2 loop out conections below the satellite cable connections are used for?

ipswich208
17-11-16, 10:09
Anyone else had issue regards to very low agc (average gain control) signal from these tuners on the mutant hd51 4k I git mine last week on every channel etc it's at 33% I've tried the turner in slot b and slightly worse I've tried in other sat leads around the house and it's the same I've got a duo and duo2 all ok so not impressed with this unit now.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ccs
17-11-16, 10:48
AGR is a measure of signal strength, SNR is more important as it gives an indication of signal quality.
When SNR drops too low you lose picture quality.
However, the values can vary wildly from one tuner to the next, and from one box to the next, so are not particularly accurate.

Sicilian
17-11-16, 10:48
Anyone else had issue regards to very low agc (average gain control) signal from these tuners on the mutant hd51 4k I git mine last week on every channel etc it's at 33% I've tried the turner in slot b and slightly worse I've tried in other sat leads around the house and it's the same I've got a duo and duo2 all ok so not impressed with this unit now.

I'm guessing you are connected to a motorised LNB, if so its a driver issue that is being looked into.

It's a new product, as with new products driver issues can arise.

It's been reported to Mutant and the issue is being looked into.

Sicilian
17-11-16, 11:01

I'm guessing you are connected to a motorised LNB, if so its a driver issue that is being looked into.

It's a new product, as with new products driver issues can arise.

It's been reported to Mutant and the issue is being looked into.

Issue has been found driver fix maybe as soon as next week.

Willmoore
17-11-16, 14:25
I have just checked mine and it also is low 30's. I do not have a motorised dish. Checked the other boxes in my house (VU Solo , Edision and VU Zero) and they are in the 80's.

Ashley69
17-11-16, 14:49
Yes same here. Doesn't seem to affect things although I am unsure what it would affect.
Will have to wait for the fix. Well done Mutant for looking to sort it quickly.

ipswich208
17-11-16, 14:53
So how easy will it be to update this driver then please as this box is for a friend that I got for him I don't really want to send it back to be honest

twol
17-11-16, 14:57
As its a driver change, the easiest thing would be to ftp over the new drivers to the image when available.

Sicilian
17-11-16, 15:13
So how easy will it be to update this driver then please as this box is for a friend that I got for him I don't really want to send it back to be honest

Once drivers are released they will be automatically added to OpenViX online up date.

rsync
17-11-16, 16:59
Hbbtv and web browser not working;I think we'll wait a bit

At the end of the month write on german forum.

bassethound
18-11-16, 12:43
Very few new boxes get released with everything working correctly these days that's the big down side of buying new hardware im afraid but then they should not be selling unfinished box and telling buyers things will be fixed with driver updates in the future is not the best way to run a business and is bad for buyers and sellers

twol
18-11-16, 13:13
Very few new boxes get released with everything working correctly these days that's the big down side of buying new hardware im afraid but then they should not be selling unfinished box and telling buyers things will be fixed with driver updates in the future is not the best way to run a business and is bad for buyers and sellers

Afraid with any hardware there is no guarantee that there will not be issues, even with very good thorough testing and quality control ...... be grateful many are fixable with new drivers or firmware :)
The real problem is when its a chip design issue or production issue like with HDD's ... and that can ( and has) happened :)

However, I do agree that this year, one outfit did ship a product that was obviously not ready for normal customers :)

Sicilian
18-11-16, 14:06

We have been testing drivers to fix your issue, all good. Should be released soon.

Larry-G
19-11-16, 13:07

Because those same manufacturers have come to rely on muppets like us mate.

We spoiled them with all the free testing we did in the early days, finding every bug we could just to get a finished image to run on their hardware. now they just expect the teams to do half the work for them so they can release half finished machines knowing any team will gladly gouge the eyes out of another in the hope to be the first out with a image for them.

Larry-G
19-11-16, 13:10
Afraid with any hardware there is no guarantee that there will not be issues, even with very good thorough testing and quality control ...... be grateful many are fixable with new drivers or firmware :)
The real problem is when its a chip design issue or production issue like with HDD's ... and that can ( and has) happened :)

However, I do agree that this year, one outfit did ship a product that was obviously not ready for normal customers :)

I should think he (bassethound) kinda knows that already mate, considering he was one of the original ViX beta testers him self. Just saying in case you didn't know.

Willmoore
24-11-16, 20:30
We have been testing drivers to fix your issue, all good. Should be released soon.

Any news on this ?

twol
24-11-16, 20:51
Drivers tested and work, so should be in next release:)

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 15:08
hello everyone, its been a while.
i've just bought one of these from your good selves and was initially impressed. the speed of the box is very impressive but i was a bit disappointed by the normal hd picture from the box. the sd picture is shocking. Indeed when i live paused it against a 3 year old amiko alien box i've been using there was a lot of detail lost in the picture. In fact the picture is better from an openbox v8 that i'm using upstairs.
can anyone shed some light on this? i've got it going into a very expensive samsung 4k tv. settings are 1080i and 50hz. i've tried all different variations to be honest. does this box need to go into a special hdmi slot or something?
any pointers welcome.....lee

twol
25-11-16, 17:43
So I guess your "expensive" Samsung 4K is upconverting the 1080i. When you have a 4K receiver (HD51) why don,t you try output at 2160?
I output to a 4K monitor and both 1080 and 2160 from the hd51 is really really good.... even SD is better than my other receivers.
So I would first choose a picture setting on the Samsung that turns off all the Samsung tweaks and try again.

What is the Samsung model?

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 18:04
So I guess your "expensive" Samsung 4K is upconverting the 1080i. When you have a 4K receiver (HD51) why don,t you try output at 2160?
I output to a 4K monitor and both 1080 and 2160 from the hd51 is really really good.... even SD is better than my other receivers.
So I would first choose a picture setting on the Samsung that turns off all the Samsung tweaks and try again.

What is the Samsung model?

When I say "expensive" it was when it first came out. It's a 55" HU7500 Smart 3D UHD 4K LED TV. I've tried the 2160 setting and it's no better. It also turns my slyk skin blurry. I'm also getting motion blur now. Just noticed it on the chase.
There was a setting on the telly to turn one of the hdmi slots to UHD. This is when the source is UHD. This made no difference. I'm struggling to find any setting on TV to turn up scaling off tbh.

Rob van der Does
25-11-16, 18:33
I'm struggling to find any setting on TV to turn up scaling off tbh.
You can't.
The screen simply has 4,096 by 2,160 pixels that have to be fed with information. Any source delivering a different resolution will be scaled to match the physical size of the screen.
Main point is: scaling should whenever possible only be done once. So when using an UHD telly the very best way is either to set the box to output UHD, or to use AutoResolution to let the output match with video contents.

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 19:48
Tried the autoresolution and that produced a 2 or 3 second pause when flicking through channels so i turned it back to 1080i and 50hz.
I turned the judder reduction and blur reduction up on the tv settings and that seemed to have done the trick.
The judder was set to zero as I'd never had a problem before this box. I've put it on 4 and the motion problems have gone.
I'm a bit limited at the minute as my dish is mis-aligned due to some scaffolding that was on my house last week. I'm getting a new dish and quad lnb fitted on Monday. Then all the real fun of channels not clearing will begin.

Thanks for your help chaps.....Lee

Rob van der Does
25-11-16, 20:00
Tried the autoresolution and that produced a 2 or 3 second pause when flicking through channels....
That's indeed the case when ooutput resolution changes.

.....so i turned it back to 1080i and 50hz.
Why not multi? You never have any 25/30/60Hz video contents?

The judder was set to zero as I'd never had a problem before this box. I've put it on 4 and the motion problems have gone.
That's a strange one. Normally ALL so-called "picture quality 'enhancers' " should be turned off.

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 20:08
blur reduction was on 5 and judder was on 0. I believe the blur reduction was turned on for gaming reasons (so the kids said anyway)
i don't really care how or why but the judder problem has now gone.

twol
25-11-16, 20:50
blur reduction was on 5 and judder was on 0. I believe the blur reduction was turned on for gaming reasons (so the kids said anyway)
i don't really care how or why but the judder problem has now gone.

its just hiding until the kids change everything back:)
but Rob is correct, all these things should be off, whereas gaming can be very different ..... hence you set up personal picture settings that can be switched ..... but then again Samsung are poor at providing user options.

maybe a tv for the kids? .... just joking :)

Willmoore
25-11-16, 21:03
Just updated - AGC still in the 30's

Rob van der Does
25-11-16, 21:15
Just don't look at AGC at all; you don't learn anything from that value.
I think I'll remove it from the skins.

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 22:31
its just hiding until the kids change everything back:)
but Rob is correct, all these things should be off, whereas gaming can be very different ..... hence you set up personal picture settings that can be switched ..... but then again Samsung are poor at providing user options.

maybe a tv for the kids? .... just joking :)

They've both moved out now so I can have it whatever way I want :p
I've just done as you all said and turned everything off. It's an odd one. Sometimes it's fine and then other programmes will show a very slight juddering. Probably not noticeable to a normal eye. My Mrs can't see anything different for example. I'm only comparing it to another stb I've still got connected. (The amiko alien2) . The picture is sharper and there's no sign of motion blur or juddering whatsoever.
The mutant is about ten times quicker though so I'll probably be keeping it anyway. I was sick of the alien freezing all the time.

liverpoolee
25-11-16, 22:40
My AGC is 97% on this box and only 38% on the alien box, from the same cables. And my dish isn't aligned properly. Strange.

Rob van der Does
26-11-16, 04:29
As I said: please never look at AGC, as you can't learn anything from that value. And especially comparing the value between different boxes is utterly useless. AGC is not a value one can define....

steviesoitis
27-11-16, 04:15
I just carried out an online update to the latest version of vix and straight away Iv noticed channel loading time has increased a lot, for example if I where to zap between channals before the update they would show almost instantly but now there is a delay before the channal show's, any ideas?

Willmoore
27-11-16, 11:37
I also noticed a change in SNR. On 016 my snr for BBC1 would be high 80's flashed to 018 SNR went to mid 50's (Picture is fine) Flashed back to 016 - SNR 88%

Rob van der Does
27-11-16, 13:12
And the importance of that is.....?
An STB is not a satellite meter; values can only be used to a limited extend. Use than as relative values, not as absolute ones.

Bazzer
27-11-16, 13:20
An STB is not a satellite meter; values can only be used to a limited extend. Use than as relative values, not as absolute ones.

Does the lower the SNR it gives a worse picture not sure , but sure I read it somewhere ?

Willmoore
27-11-16, 13:28

I do not know but thought it may of interest to those of you who do. Can you explain to those of us who are less enlightened why updating would affect the displayed SNR.

twol
27-11-16, 14:57
In the latest HD51 driver there is a change for the SNR, but not sure if it is in 018 ... the update and the build ran on the same day but ...... :)

ccs
27-11-16, 15:22
...This went into 4.2.017 according to the changelog
....[hd51] driver update -fix snr value -improve combination with diseqc switch/motor -improve dvb-ct2 zap speed

liverpoolee
28-11-16, 15:03
Just had new dish and quad lnb fitted today. The box is working brilliantly. So quick. I've just ordered a little brother for it in the mutant hd 1200. Gonna put that upstairs. The blurb said I could stream from my hd 4k box to it which would be really useful for me.

liverpoolee
28-11-16, 15:51
Just put the astra ultra hd demo channels through the box. Stunning picture quality.

bassethound
28-11-16, 16:42
Just put the astra ultra hd demo channels through the box. Stunning picture quality.

Give it a few more years and i might be tempted to buy a 4k box but at the moment there is not enough content to justify upgrading my current fav box a Vu Ultimo

beaudaniels
01-12-16, 14:42
Andy? Hello me ole fruit :)
I'm baaaack!
I've just bought a Sony 65" TV 4k for the kitchen and need to buy another receiver.
And I'm looking at this Mutant hd51....
Would you recommend it with the 350gb h/drive, S2 & C2
See below :)
Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated :)51540

twol
01-12-16, 14:59
So when I acquired my HD51, I took one look at the receiver and was close to sending it back ... however having used it for almost 2 months I have come to appreciate its inner technologies :)
It works really well, has a great picture 1080 or 2160 and you don,t have to ****** around with fbc tuners.

I now like the HD51 (minus its casing and remote) so much it has become my test receiver .. quite a turnaround :)

Would be a great buy from the sponsor wos :)

beaudaniels
01-12-16, 15:07
So when I acquired my HD51, I took one look at the receiver and was close to sending it back ... however having used it for almost 2 months I have come to appreciate its inner technologies :)
It works really well, has a great picture 1080 or 2160 and you don,t have to ****** around with fbc tuners.

I now like the HD51 (minus its casing and remote) so much it has become my test receiver .. quite a turnaround :)

Would be a great buy from the sponsor wos :)

Thank you so much for your feedback... I've literally just got it there ready to order.....
With what I've shown above I can access cable and sky, yes? Just checking before taking the plunge :/

beaudaniels
01-12-16, 15:24
Ordered!!! :)

Ashley69
01-12-16, 16:08
Thank you so much for your feedback... I've literally just got it there ready to order.....
With what I've shown above I can access cable and sky, yes? Just checking before taking the plunge :/
Yes. As long as your ordered the relevant tuners to be fitted to the box.

beaudaniels
01-12-16, 23:15
Already despatched and should arrive at my works address tomorrow :)
Can't ask for anymore than that...... Well done WOS!
Quick question - altho I'm not looking to use it for quite sometime, can I take out the sat cable from back of Edision and set the mutant up ready for when I do need it? :)

Ashley69
02-12-16, 06:56
Yes. You can set it up. Just remember to update your ABM and epg when you plug it back in.

beaudaniels
02-12-16, 08:03
Yes. You can set it up. Just remember to update your ABM and epg when you plug it back in.

Will do :)
Thank you for the heads up :thumbsup:

ALIEN1X
04-12-16, 13:51
can anyone advise how the mutant HD51 4K receiver compares with VU+SOLO 4K?
And what are the advantages of using a FBC tuner?

Stanman
04-12-16, 21:07
HD51 is as good as the S4K. No personal experience but mate who has both talks favourably of the 51.

The FBC are the S4K big advantage over the 51 and it allows you with one FBC tuner to have 8 virtual tuners doing the exact same as if you had actual tuners. To use FBC you will need a compatible LNB which will be around 40 to 60 quid for a single / twin one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ALIEN1X
04-12-16, 21:41
HD51 is as good as the S4K. No personal experience but mate who has both talks favourably of the 51.

The FBC are the S4K big advantage over the 51 and it allows you with one FBC tuner to have 8 virtual tuners doing the exact same as if you had actual tuners. To use FBC you will need a compatible LNB which will be around 40 to 60 quid for a single / twin one.

Thanks, looks like it may have to be solo 4k

twol
04-12-16, 21:47

Stanmman explains it very simply:)
The only thing I would add is that the solo 4k is an early box (brought to the market very early before it was ready) and the new Vu boxes Uno and Ultimo are more customer ready boxes ... I am sure Vu will not replace the Solo as they believe custoners are to naive to go for better competitive products .... but thats being cynical:)

ALIEN1X
05-12-16, 20:15
Stanmman explains it very simply:)
The only thing I would add is that the solo 4k is an early box (brought to the market very early before it was ready) and the new Vu boxes Uno and Ultimo are more customer ready boxes ... I am sure Vu will not replace the Solo as they believe custoners are to naive to go for better competitive products .... but thats being cynical:)

How and in what way is the uno better then the solo?

twol
05-12-16, 21:06
How and in what way is the uno better then the solo?

Well, it shouldn,t be ....... but it has the more recent chip, and by now if you are lucky Vu+ will have fixed all the issues that their stupid customers have with their products

Blu-ray
09-12-16, 11:55
[QUOTE=Sicilian;424047]Some basic configs are being prepared, but there's plenty of oscam info available via google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/z

jlaffan
16-01-17, 21:58
Is there anywhere to have catch up tv via the Mutant HD51

dragonevo
02-02-17, 12:34
Got my hd51 today gonna set it up later tonight, its running already openvix, my question is can you install oscam direct from the plugin menu in openvix on this box and set it up, or do you need to ftp oscam ipk and install that way?:confused:

Ashley69
02-02-17, 12:39
Oscam latest is in plugins.

joe1000000
02-02-17, 13:13
can you save your channels and satellites to reinstall after an update or if box crashes or if i cockup my new 51. :cool: ups and how :cool:

Andy_Hazza
02-02-17, 13:45
Just do a settings backup. ViX > Blue button > Backup manager & Green button to save. Or if you are brave and happy with your setup, you could create an Image and backup if it went tits up. To do an image backup you would Blue button > ViX > Image manager.

dragonevo
03-02-17, 09:25
Is there any image on the hd51 (openatv,openpli) who download the correct oscam.conf and oscam.srvid etc when you download it direct from plugin menu?