PDA

View Full Version : Help with Two Vu+Solo2 problems please

Tassie Devil
15-08-16, 03:28
I'm using a fixed satellite dish aimed at Optus C and am only interested in two sets of frequencies - those from ABC and those from SBS in Australia. NOTE only one problem, not two as the header suggests.

PROBLEM (very irritating):mad:: On replay of a recording, quite often (but not always) it will appear to play, the audio changes, but the video hangs and does not alter until a skip or FF is used, and sometimes that is required several times to get normal operation.

It is set to update and the last was done 2016-03-23 but it has been like this ever since installing the current VIX.

Here is the current installation:

Skin: VIX-NIGHT-HD
Drivers: 2015-12-01
Kernel: 3.15.5
G Streamer: 1.7.1 (GIT)
PYTHON: 2.7.11

Please note I am a novice about most of this so have not been keeping up with technical discussions which might have helped so no flames on my ignorance please.
I had problems invoking subtitles with other VIX installations (I am a senior with hearing problems) so the current installation works fine for this but problem 2 is particularly annoying so if there is a suitable add on or other installation or fix which would solve the video freeze problem, but retain the good subtitle feature, then please tell me.

TIA

John

Rob van der Does
15-08-16, 04:32
What is your recording medium? An internal HDD or..?