PDA

View Full Version : Which of these box will you recommend

kokojnr
14-08-16, 23:10
I am looking to change from an openelec box to a proper E2 box and have been looking around this forum as well as the sponsor's online shop.

I want a box that have the following features:

Box with both cable and satellite tuner because i have both connections into the house.
Capable of handling IPTV
Able to record and rewind live tv
Ability to run kodi will be the icing on the cake
Ive looked at these three boxes:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend/ET7500-COMBO-1x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2 (Xtrend ET7500 HD COMBO)

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 (Edision OS MINI)

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/Technomate-TM-Nano-SE-Combo (Technomate TM-Nano-SE COMBO)

Which one will you recommend i go for?

Ford1
14-08-16, 23:23
If you want the ability to run kodi, then your only option is to use a VU type box.

The ones listed in your post will do everything else apart from kodi.

I run a xtrean et8000 (excellent) and a Edison OSMINI (very good)

I only handle sky feeds not cable.

kokojnr
15-08-16, 10:48
If you want the ability to run kodi, then your only option is to use a VU type box.

Thanks for your input, i had a look at VU SOLO SE V2, on world of satellite shop, however it's not Clear if it's a combo tuner box (cable & satellite), rang their number but it rings out.
Anyone able to confirm?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 10:53
It is not a combo box. You can have either a sat or hybrid pluggable tuner. Not two at the same time. You can use/add USB tuners to most receivers. The sundtek works better.

kokojnr
15-08-16, 13:28
It is not a combo box. You can have either a sat or hybrid pluggable tuner. Not two at the same time. You can use/add USB tuners to most receivers. The sundtek works better.
Thanks for the info.. I think I will get the Edision mini for a start and see how I get on with E2

Larry-G
16-08-16, 09:55

Personally I would not waste money by paying over the odds for a receiver that supports kodi, you simple lay will not get the real kodi experience from a add on. You would be far better served paying 30 quid for a Amazon fire tv stick, use that for kodi and your satellite receiver for satellite tv as intended.

Marshy33
16-08-16, 12:54
Personally I would not waste money by paying over the odds for a receiver that supports kodi, you simple lay will not get the real kodi experience from a add on. You would be far better served paying 30 quid for a Amazon fire tv stick, use that for kodi and your satellite receiver for satellite tv as intended.
I disagree with this. I have the vu solo se v2, which has full kodi and it works just as good as my nvidia shield (just slightly slower loading things).

If u want an all in one box, Vu would be the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kokojnr
16-08-16, 16:12
I disagree with this. I have the vu solo se v2, which has full kodi and it works just as good as my nvidia shield (just slightly slower loading things).

If u want an all in one box, Vu would be the way to go.

Do you know if the VU SOLO 2, gives same performance on kodi like the SOLO SE V2?

Larry-G
16-08-16, 16:38
Do you know if the VU SOLO 2, gives same performance on kodi like the SOLO SE V2?

My solo 2 does not hold a patch on my fire to sticks / boxes hen it comes to kodi.

kokojnr
16-08-16, 16:50
My solo 2 does not hold a patch on my fire to sticks / boxes hen it comes to kodi.
Sorry I'm a bit confused with what you are trying to say.

Larry-G
16-08-16, 17:14
Sorry I'm a bit confused with what you are trying to say.

both my thirty quid fire tv sticks and the more expensive fire tv boxes are far superior to the Vu+ solo2 when it comes to running kodi.

goosegog
16-08-16, 18:30
As for your iptv option i would purchase a mag 250 or 254 far better than any e2 or andriod to view iptv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kokojnr
16-08-16, 18:36
As for your iptv option i would purchase a mag 250 or 254 far better than any e2 or andriod to view iptv

Oh dear the list is getting long[emoji1] if I can't get kodi, I want a box that can comfortably run IPTV.

Andy_Hazza
16-08-16, 18:48
Kodi works but like Larry says they aren't made for these boxes, but they do work as well as they can do. They are noticeably slower than an Amazon Fire TV.

kokojnr
16-08-16, 19:29
Kodi works but like Larry says they aren't made for these boxes, but they do work as well as they can do. They are noticeably slower than an Amazon Fire TV.

Thanks Andy for the clarification.
IPTV is really important to my needs,
I guess the boxes mentioned on this thread including Gigablue QUAD, can handle IPTV?

Andy_Hazza
16-08-16, 19:59
Thanks Andy for the clarification.
IPTV is really important to my needs,
I guess the boxes mentioned on this thread including Gigablue QUAD, can handle IPTV?

Yeah no problem.

Marshy33
17-08-16, 09:17

The believe vu solo 2 is powerful enough for kodi. My solo se v2, has full kodi working fine, I have not had one issue using exodus on it. (Edit only in 720, no setting for 1080)

Also I have my iptv m3u list on it. The box does everything u ask.

Sicilian
17-08-16, 09:43
[QUOTE=Avalon;413485

bleeding edge Mutant HD51. Probably best to wait and see if you can.[/QUOTE]

Theres no Kodi plugin for the HD51.

Larry-G
17-08-16, 12:27
There's not been any real advancement with E2BMC in around two years. Just look at those dates on the youtube videos. Barring one that's a year old all the rest are two years and older.