PDA

View Full Version : genneral question before buying 8500

ALIEN1X
14-08-16, 22:09
:confused: I'm caught in a little dilemma as I need to decide between ET8500 or VU SOLO SE V2, all I want is a good PVR that will allow freeview HD recordings to be exported out as .ts files and use on other devices when required.

For the ET8500:

a) Can it record 2 different channels at the same time?

b) when recoding freeview channels can the recorded HD channesl like BBC 1 for example be exported edt as .TS file to an external hardrive so it can be played on other devices? Is the HD file decrypted as these cannot be done on other PVR recivers?

c) Will it puck up BBC red button services or at lest scan them in? Especially when sporting events are on?

d) will it support catch tv services similar to YouView?

e) What is the max harddisk size that can be connected fro PVR recording and dose it have to be powered or not?

f) I Only have 1 areal and cable coming off the wall socket so how to I connect this up if the tuner has multiple input connectiosn form its multiple tunners?
so do I connect to ariel input tunner one then use loop out/loop thro to to input of tunner 2 and so on and the last connection will be to input areil connection of my tv?

Sicilian
21-08-16, 07:50
A) Yes provided you purchase the twin hybrid model. Assuming Terrestrial as you've stated 'Freeview'.
B) No its not encrypted and you can watch on other devices. Format is .ts.
C) Not sure to never used or needed.
D) No. No E2 receiver can do this.
E) Internal 2.5" SATA HDD, I used 1TB. 2TB 7mm should be fine.
F) Connect your feed to Tuner A, then use a loop cable from A to B should be fine. Then use loop out of Tuner B to TV if needed.

ALIEN1X
21-08-16, 13:38
A) Yes provided you purchase the twin hybrid model. Assuming Terrestrial as you've stated 'Freeview'.
B) No its not encrypted and you can watch on other devices. Format is .ts.
C) Not sure to never used or needed.
D) No. No E2 receiver can do this.
E) Internal 2.5" SATA HDD, I used 1TB. 2TB 7mm should be fine.
F) Connect your feed to Tuner A, then use a loop cable from A to B should be fine. Then use loop out of Tuner B to TV if needed.

Thanks -
1. I have had the device for 2 days, still tinkering with it in terms of trying to find out the difference between standby and deep standby. Noted recording only occurs during on or stand by not deep stand by.This means the unit has to be left ion stand by when away and recordings are scheduled.

2. Also noticed that when in standby the front display will not indicate its recording