PDA

View Full Version : Replace Remote Control (compatibility)

Toine
12-08-16, 09:52
I have a Gigablue HD Quad but its remote stopped working :(, I still have limited functionality using an old programmable remote but I want to buy a proper replacement RC (without keyboard though)
I found several RC and a "universal" RCU on ebay/amazon etc but I am not sure about compatibility as most of them mention slightly different GigaBlue models like HD 800 etc.
So my question is; how compatible are the GigaBlue boxes in regard to the remote control. Or is there a good 'universal' remote which I can program to work with my GigaBlue Quad by entering a predefined code?

any help much appreciated...

Rob van der Does
15-08-16, 04:48
I would advise to use a Logitech Harmony; much more than a device RC.
Anything from the 600 and upwards should be fine.

Mr. Mister
15-08-16, 09:44
GigaBlue Remote from here.. (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/GiGaBlue-Universal-RCU-Remote-Control?filter_name=remote)

Ojustaboo
10-09-16, 21:52
I've got what I presume is a genuine "one for all" (bought from Maplins store) and it controls my GB Quad, Denon amp and Sony TV superbly (well it did, read on)

However, to get it to operate my quad, I had to use the learn functions, hence if your remote isn't working you wont be able to program it.

First one I got, I had to press the down button really hard to get a responce so took it back and got a replacement. This worked well for about a year, since then I've had to take it to bits twice and rub some of the buttons on a bit of printer paper to get them working again. The button that allows me to turn everything off with one press I can no longer get to work at all. The right button is not nearly as responsive as the left. I wish I'd spent a little more and gone with the Harmony, which when this finally breaks will be what I'm buying.

I never need to use the original remote even when reflashing, getting rid of three remotes and replacing with one was best thing I ever did.