PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Box Froze Today

SkyFan
10-08-16, 14:05
Today I tried to download some recordings from my VU+ Duo 2. It worked for a minute then it wouldn't connect. I then tried to turn my box on from standby and it wouldn't turn on. I had to unplug it then plug it back in and it was working again. Only things I have installed are as follows:

Bitrate Viewer
Sundtek Control Centre Plugin for my USB Tuner
OSCamOpenVix Magic HD Night skin
enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-svn10678-skyuk-0960_openvix_all

I installed the image and everything else about a month ago. I don't think the box has ever crashed before like this on any previous image.

Is there a way I can provide a log to you?

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 15:03
You would need to enable the logs, restart your receivers and when you encounter a crash or box issue you can grab your logs from the root folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyFan
10-08-16, 15:24
Is it safe to leave "enable" logs on all the time? How big are the files likely to get if I leave logging turned on all the time?

twol
10-08-16, 16:00
Perfectly safe. I normally run with debug logs enabled and its never been an issue.... but I do log to a usb stick
Its safer than having a problem and then not having logs.

SkyFan
16-11-16, 18:01
You would need to enable the logs, restart your receivers and when you encounter a crash or box issue you can grab your logs from the root folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no logs in the root folder. What folder are they in?

twol
16-11-16, 18:22
Depends what is set in menu/setup/system/logs/settings logs folder location
Flash is not a good idea:)

Larry-G
16-11-16, 19:27
Is it safe to leave "enable" logs on all the time? How big are the files likely to get if I leave logging turned on all the time?

Standard crash logs are only generated upon a enigma2 crash, debug logs are written to all the time and will only start a new file once the receiver has been rebooted.

Debug logs don't really take up any real amount of space. Unless your a developer or you are testing potentially unstable images / plugins you only really need to activate the debug logs feature when you know you have a problem and want to log it for the developers to look over. Otherwise just leave them off.