PDA

View Full Version : How to create an image that includes Kodi setup and addons?

orange1234
09-08-16, 20:14
I'm just setting a Solo2 up for a friend. Rather than installing everything from scratch I thought if I took an Image backup, and boot that image from a USB on the new box, it would be a clone of my system.

I have just checked Kodi and it's at default settings. :confused:

How do I copy over my Kodi settings and apps over with an Image?

Please don't tell me I need to install all the repos and do all the customisation from scratch?

Is there an easy way?

Andy_Hazza
09-08-16, 22:13
You would need to copy the .kodi folder from your hdd too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orange1234
11-08-16, 17:35
Do you think future versions of Vix will include a backup of Kodi. I've done a lot of customisation to the skin and installed loads of specific repos. I'd hate to lose it if the HD crashed.

ccs
11-08-16, 17:38
You can specify additional folders to be included in backups.

Whether you can include HD folders I'm not sure, and I can't check at the moment.

orange1234
11-08-16, 17:42
Now Kodi is integrated, there needs to be a way of backing up an image to include Kodi. I was shocked when I realised kodi had copied across in the image, but it's settings and repos hadn''t. Let us know if you find a way.

orange1234
14-08-16, 17:18
You would need to copy the .kodi folder from your hdd too.

Do You mean /media/hdd/xbmc I can't see .Kodi ?

Trial
14-08-16, 18:14
Hi,
it is not possible to create an image backup with all kodi settings because kodi also uses the hdd as storage for setting. In the normal settings back you can add the directoty /hdd/.xbmc or /hdd/.kodi to the backup so that settings of kodi can also be restored.

ciao

orange1234
15-08-16, 15:51
Thanks Trial. So to be sure I have this right

If I flash an image to a new box, it will bring over the extension of Kodi, but in order to get the settings and repos etc for Kodi, I would then need to restore a settings backup (which I first took as a backup including xbmc or Kodi on the hdd).

Just a quick question, can I keep the 'image' and 'settings backup' on the same usb?

Thanks I'll give that a go. :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
15-08-16, 15:54
Do You mean /media/hdd/xbmc I can't see .Kodi ?

If using filezilla or DCC it will be hidden. I use FlashFXP and the .Kodi folder shows. There will be a setting you will need to untick to be able to see it.

Trial
15-08-16, 18:05
Hi,
if you do not change or format the HDD you simple have to do nothing as your settings are still there. If you want to move to another HDD or box you also need to transfer the hidden (.) directories.

ciao

orange1234
30-10-16, 15:37
I've just found out how to see and be able to copy the .kodi directory with Filezilla

Once you're connected to your Solo2. On the left is your "Local Site". On the right it says "Remote site"

In the Remote Site type /media/hdd/.kodi

Now you can see the hidden .kodi folder

Make a folder on your desktop (Solo Kodi Backup) and drag the .kodi on the Remote site to your new folder on the Local Site.