PDA

View Full Version : How To View mp4 Metadata?

jbeer
09-08-16, 08:27
Hi All,

I currently have a lot of mp4 movie files that I have FTP over to my box [ET8000] and I have been trying to find out if there is a way to view the metadata within this files when I select the 'Info' button from my box.

I would like to see if it is possible to view the artwork, synopsis, running time etc....

Any help you can offer would be great.

Jason

Trial
09-08-16, 08:35
Hi,
are you sure that the files contain meta data? Media archives normally use so called scraper to gather the information from the internet and put them in a data base. Movie Browser is something you might like to take a look at.

ciao

jbeer
09-08-16, 10:03
Hi Trail,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have added metadata to the mp4 file with artwork for the moment to try to get tthat to work, everything shows all ok in 'Windows Explorer' & 'iTunes' etc... but via the box I get nothing.

I'm trying to get the same kind of metadata as the films I have recorded straight from the Sky Cinema channels so in screenshot 1 & 2 you can see there is a Picon and description whereas in screenshot 3 there is no artwork. I can see that for the films recorded from Sky Cinema they are in TS format with TS.META file, would I need to do something similar for the FTP'd mp4 files?

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Trial
09-08-16, 11:05
Hi,
when I look at the backgound it looks like kodi which does not mean you have embedded anything. I think until now no media player for E2 extracts meta info from videos but I might be wrong. At least I did not read anything about it.

Ralf

jbeer
09-08-16, 11:41
ok many thanks