PDA

View Full Version : Openvix Crash Log

grantdavey91
08-08-16, 20:19
Hi, All.

Having a few problems again with my Vu+ Duo 2

I have had previously issues with the power in terms of rebooting / restarting the box and got in touch with vu directly who advised latest build of openvix not fully supported with the turbo dvb-c/t tuner, and also to recommend an attenuator on the feed.

i followed the instruction and the power issue appears to be ok.

the main issue i had was putting the box in standby, it was freezing after 3 mins and front dual displays also frozen and only way to get back on was to insert usb recovery into front as when powered off and back on from rocker switch was getting stuck on 'double' showing on vfd screen

i can now put into standby without freeze but only if box is put to standby from a cable channel; if i put into standby whilst watching a sat channel it still does tend to freeze after a few mins, but i have half resolved this part.

the other issue now is that occasionally the box is crashing when trying to switch between cable and satellite bouquet, either from the full screen epg, number zap, history zap or openwebif

only way to work around this issue is to take similar steps to the standby issue, switched off by rocker on back and back on but freezes on 'double' showing on vfd screen after 'cfe v2' is shown

only way to get it running again is by pressing and holding the power button on the remote until the box shuts down completely and back on

after restart i am then able to switch to cable channel, however if i then switch back to a sat channel, and attempt to go back to cable, it freezes again!

just an infinite pain in the rear end loop!!

just as a side note, i have already tried re-flashing, twice in fact!

i did also re install the bootloader cfe v2 from the vuplus website

i've uploaded 3 crash logs, 04-08-2016 shows 'fatal signal' something or other and the others show errors around abm

i did also try removing sat abm channels and using an additional bouquets maker called autobouquets e2 so that i could scan in cable using abm and sat using autobouquets e2, however this didn't work!

any help around this, much appreciated

i'm running latest version of openvix

thanks494334943449435

abu baniaz
08-08-16, 20:24
Which softcam are you using?
Have you enabled automatic time shift?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

grantdavey91
08-08-16, 20:29
Which softcam are you using?
Have you enabled automatic time shift?

i am using cccam 2.3.0 from the plugin menu on openvix

timeshift is disabled

i checked my flash memory too as i read somewhere that small amounts of free space can create problems, but it has over half it's flash memory unused

to make it even better i transferred picons and epg data over to usb stick that i've plugged into the back

abu baniaz
08-08-16, 20:32
Try oscam. Pretty sure other Vu Turbo tuner users said it worked better.

grantdavey91
08-08-16, 20:35
Try oscam. Pretty sure other Vu Turbo tuner users said it worked better.

I have tried oscam 1.20 before on this box, but still has the same issue

grantdavey91
09-08-16, 21:17
Any other suggestions?

It's really racking my brain now.

If I'm on Sat channel I can't switch to cable channel without constant spinner on top left of screen need to then switch off by pressing and holding power until reboots then it works but if then change back to sat and attempt to cable again, spinner comes back on and is in a loop

Really hoping the next version of Openvix is better with turbo tuner

I've since tried installing the latest oscam from their official site but it doesn't want to run
I've had oscam running before and have all the necessary files in tuxbox config but when I press green to start it doesn't start but then cccam starts automatically

Note to mods/admins I speak of cam talk in free to air channels only.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 19:04
arggh! it just crashed again. i opened epg and pressed ch - to go to next lot of channels in epg and it froze and restarted!

im just a little worried that if it keeps doing it it might bugger the power supply

uploaded >49464

any help appreciated please

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 19:13
Oscam latest from the feeds is what you could try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 19:14
And your Vu+ Duo2 works fine without the Vu+ Turbo?

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 19:24
Oscam latest from the feeds is what you could try.

i have already tried this Andy, i have tried oscam latest from the feeds v1.20 svn11225-r1 and also tried the pcsd one thats in there

they both worked (tried them individually of course) but the problems still there so i have reverted back to cccam 2.3.0

does the crash log indicate that the faults at cccam then?

thanks

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 19:29
No the fault lies with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would have personally took the offer up with WoS and swapped the Turbo tuner and the single DVB-S2 tuner and swapped for the twin Cable tuner.

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 19:29
And your Vu+ Duo2 works fine without the Vu+ Turbo?

yes it seems to work absolutely fine without the turbo tuner.

when first installed the turbo i was having issues around the power, standby and restarting of the box, i managed to work around this by keeping the box on a dvb-c channel when putting into standby, but when i am in a sat channel i can't switch over to a dvb-c channel without it freezing

if i place into standby whilst in sat channel, box feeezes after 3 mins

i can put up with this until the next version of openvix but i am getting quite frustrated with the issue now with it keep crashing on me when opening/viewing epg in dvb-c

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 19:34
No the fault lies with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would have personally took the offer up with WoS and swapped the Turbo tuner and the single DVB-S2 tuner and swapped for the twin Cable tuner.

i thought so :/ i was thinking about this but was also advised the next release of openvix will more than likely sort out the problem

i know its not all to do with vu+ itself but do find it quite frustrating that the box and tuner are made by exactly the same company yet they do not work well together

bellejt
10-08-16, 19:43
as already mentioned in other treads the tuner with original image from VU+ works fine.Also with BH (witch is based on original image) .

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 19:47
as already mentioned in other treads the tuner with original image from VU+ works fine.Also with BH (witch is based on original image) .

thank you for clarifying this, i don't mean to sound rude, and i do appreciate all suggestions but i am asking for support around openvix, i looked at bh and didn't like the gui, this entire website is based around openvix support so am asking for the support around vix

anything is possible, its just a matter of trial and error

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 20:00
I think you will have more hassle than its worth with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would ask WoS and see if the offer still stands as you have tried all the available options. Stef is a reasonable guy and if he does let you swap for the internal cable tuner, snatch his hands off! The Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver, just the Vu+ Turbo tuner, and to be fair has had issues since day one.

bellejt
10-08-16, 20:03
No problem.Hopefully there is a solution in vix in the future.Gui is a personal taste.Lukely in Belgium we do not have that problem because only 2 channels are on dvb-t.

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 20:12
I think you will have more hassle than its worth with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would ask WoS and see if the offer still stands as you have tried all the available options. Stef is a reasonable guy and if he does let you swap for the internal cable tuner, snatch his hands off! The Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver, just the Vu+ Turbo tuner, and to be fair has had issues since day one.

you read my mind Andy, literally just sent an email back to them 10 minutes ago!

just means i will need to sacrifice my single dvb-s tuner currently set up as tuner c, bit of a pain as i just last week ran another feed from my dish to it to record up to 2 ch and watch another, but to be fair i don't tend to record much anyway so with tuners a and b with sat i can still watch 1 whilst recording another

and i assume that with the hybrid twin dvb-c/t internal i would also be able to record one dvb-c whilst watching another.

may seem a little stupid of me to ask, but with the twin dvb-c/t internal here
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/VU-Plus-Tuners/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module

i know that the rf in is where i plugin the cable feed, but what is the rf out connection for?

would this be for dvb-t freeview?

thanks

grantdavey91
10-08-16, 20:14
No problem.Hopefully there is a solution in vix in the future.Gui is a personal taste.Lukely in Belgium we do not have that problem because only 2 channels are on dvb-t.

just going to try swapping the turbo for the internal and paying the difference, had enough issues with it lol
thanks

grantdavey91
11-08-16, 10:10
Update spoken to WoS and I have been permitted to swap the turbo for the internal hybrid one and pay the difference in price, sending it back later

I assume with the internal it is literally a case of taking the dvb-s module out and replacing with the new one and then just switching back on and plug and play? No drivers to install?

And because it's a hybrid will this allow one cable feed in to allow me to watch one channel whilst recording another?

Sounds pretty straight forward but I'm a little worries about opening up the receiver in case of potential damage to other components

abu baniaz
11-08-16, 10:16
hybrid = choose between DVB-C and DVB-T/T2. You can only use one mode at a time.

To be able to record from more than one frequency/transponder, you need a twin tuner.

N.B:
The Vu twin hybrid tuner has only one wire connection. It has an inbuilt splitter.

grantdavey91
11-08-16, 13:40
hybrid = choose between DVB-C and DVB-T/T2. You can only use one mode at a time.

To be able to record from more than one frequency/transponder, you need a twin tuner.

N.B:
The Vu twin hybrid tuner has only one wire connection. It has an inbuilt splitter.

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

So one the tuner it has an in connection and an out, the in I am guessing I will plug the cable feed into but what can the out be used for?

If it has a built in Splitter does that mean I can record one whilst watching another with one sat feed in?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
11-08-16, 14:26
Yes to everything you've said. [emoji1360]
Glad you got it sorted in the end. All you need to remember when you install the new Hybrid cable tuner is to configure it in your tuner config setup. No need to insert your Net ID there, Net ID only needs to be entered in your ABM providers list. [emoji4]

grantdavey91
11-08-16, 14:55
Yes to everything you've said. [emoji1360]
Glad you got it sorted in the end. All you need to remember when you install the new Hybrid cable tuner is to configure it in your tuner config setup. No need to insert your Net ID there, Net ID only needs to be entered in your ABM providers list. [emoji4]

Thanks Andy, all I needed to know :) except what will the bottom connection be used for on the tuner?

Thanks

abu baniaz
11-08-16, 15:52
it is for daisy chaining to another device. For example, you could have two tuner modules (DVB-C/DVB-T/Hybrid). The signal wire would go into the input. You would then connect the loop wire so signal goes out of tuner. You then connect the loop wire into the input of other tuner.

if you are not going to do so, don't worry about it.

There is a stuck thread in guide section about splitting/looping for DVB-C and DVB-T.

grantdavey91
11-08-16, 16:41
it is for daisy chaining to another device. For example, you could have two tuner modules (DVB-C/DVB-T/Hybrid). The signal wire would go into the input. You would then connect the loop wire so signal goes out of tuner. You then connect the loop wire into the input of other tuner.

if you are not going to do so, don't worry about it.

There is a stuck thread in guide section about splitting/looping for DVB-C and DVB-T.

Ahh thank you abu really sorry I feel quite stupid now this has actually been explained to me before but this was regarding satellite opposed to cable I should've know they'd be for the same use lol

Thanks

grantdavey91
21-08-16, 20:59
Ok so i realise it's been what seems quite a while since my last post on this thread but up until today I hadn't got round to sorting this out

I sent back the turbo tuner just over a week ago, and was supposed to have the internal tuner the next day however there was a few faults with shipping and stock and long story short the delivery for the tuner was attempted yesterday

Unfortunately I was out so I missed it and was sent to the RM delivery office !!

Luckily for me my sorting office in my area is open on a Sunday so I collected it this morning and installed it a few hours ago

I was a bit worried about opening up the duo2 so I only did what I needed to and didn't do much as touch anything else!

I've installed the tuner and put box back together, then decided to flash the latest openvix and start afresh

Drum roll....

I am happy to say, no problems whatsoever!!

Box is as fast as ever with switching between cable and satellites and no longer does it freeze :)

It also stays in standby without freezing

So all I can learn from this experience i guess is stick with internal! - Good riddance to the turbo tuner, had nothing but headaches with it

I've reflashed and downloaded picons/plugins/skin exactly the same setup as before and it works a treat :):)

Andy_Hazza
21-08-16, 21:40
Glad you got sorted in the end. [emoji1360]