PDA

View Full Version : [ET8500] Network Mounts Still Not Happening - any help offered?

Flyingpig
08-08-16, 13:16
Hello All,

I have 3 receivers (ET8500 / MUT@NT1200 / MIRACLEBOX MINI) and for the absolute love of trying I cannot set up a mount to the ET8500 so I can view recordings on the HDD on teh ET8500 on my Mutant.

I have NFS installed on both my ET8500 and Mutant - i go through selecting the mount via the network browser and when I select ET8500 from the list it then doesnt go any further.

If I install CIFS instead of NFS it appears to mount perfectly, but then when you go to view something on teh HDD it just hangs. And that is with CIFS being installed on both machines. On my mutant which is in my bedroom, I have 2 other mounts setup which work fine. THey are for my NAS and there is absoltuely no issue with them.

I previously had a ET9000 and there was no issue when I had that, so I cam guessing the fault is with the ET8500.

Help please??

James.

cactikid
08-08-16, 14:13
try powering off that box then on and recheck network and ip address again,then go back and remount box with correct ip:D

Flyingpig
08-08-16, 14:26
Done that, still not mounting......

cactikid
08-08-16, 14:43
a few posters have posted ip issues on latest image,does filezilla work and connect to box,does network browser need a rescan?

Flyingpig
08-08-16, 19:14
Right,,, well unistalled NFS and restarted on both machines....... Got the box upstairs to recognise it, and it can see it, it is in teh list and brings up the list of what is on the drive in the ET8500 but when I treid to play the movie my mutant crashed.

So not sure if thats the mutant or the network mount playing up.

ccs
24-09-16, 17:33
Probably not the answer to your specific problem, but I've been trying on and off for months to connect a NAS server.

Everything works fine when setting up using the Network browser, but whenever I try to select the location I got an error (can't remember exactly, but an automounter file is not found).

Anyway, fixed it today. The NAS had an "&" in the password, which works ok on the NAS, can be setup when adding the mount details, but simply does not work.

ccs
24-09-16, 21:19
For anyone who might be interested, the & character in the password ended up as & in /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml

birdman
25-09-16, 03:10
For anyone who might be interested, the & character in the password ended up as & in /etc/enigma2/automounts.xmlAs it should in an xml file - just as it would in an html file.

ccs
25-09-16, 10:01
As it should in an xml file - just as it would in an html file.
So why doesn't it revert back to an & when being passed on as a password for NAS authentication?

birdman
25-09-16, 12:22
So why doesn't it revert back to an & when being passed on as a password for NAS authentication?Do you know that it doesn't? If so, how do you know.

ccs
25-09-16, 13:51
Do you know that it doesn't? If so, how do you know.
Because the password via VIX with an & in it doesn't work. Removing the & and it does.
Access to the nas from a pc works ok with an & in the password, so I'm guessing that I do know it doesn't work, but who knows?

birdman
26-09-16, 02:53
Because the password via VIX with an & in it doesn't work. Removing the & and it does.
Access to the nas from a pc works ok with an & in the password, so I'm guessing that I do know it doesn't work, but who knows?The problem is that you are guessing at why "&" in a password fails.
There are other possibilities besides it being sent as &.
Another obvious one is that it's used on a command lien somewhere and isn't escaped/quoted - so the command line treats it as a background-the-command request.

ccs
26-09-16, 10:05
I was not guessing why & fails in a password, I was simply reporting that there is a problem using &'s in passwords.
I took it one step further and showed what was stored in automounts.xml.

I thought it might be useful to know - it certainly caught me out. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.