PDA

View Full Version : Equivalence between channels on EPG (request)

linox
05-01-11, 21:02
Hello,

I am currenlty using VIX image and really happy.

However iI'd like to check if it will be posible to solve an issue that we have Spanish users. This issue is not related to VIX, none of the VU images has support to this. Let me explain the issue:

For getting the epg of a Sapnish provider currently I donwload the epg from directly from the trasponder (as VIX supports mhw-mhw2), with no problem.

The issue comes because the HD channels does not contain any EPG info, (not provided by the provider). However as the EPG from the HD channels is the same of its equivalent SD channel, I wonder if it coudl be posible to copy the info from one channel to the other.

I know that KGD images for azbox do this. They have a config file, called epg.eqiv, where it is posible to indicate that the EPG from one channel shall be eqivalent to another one.

Hope I explained the request correctly. Would this be easy to implement?

I know that it only affects to spanish people, but it will be really appreciated!

Best regards, and happy New Year.

silverfox0786
05-01-11, 21:46
as far as i am aware rivix can have the refs directed for epg to particular channels not sure about others

also i ahve moved this to correct section

linox
05-01-11, 23:05
Thanks for moving to teh relevant section.

Yes it does and I used to use it, but If I am not wrong Rivix dowloads the sources from the net, and data this data is got from different sources (el Pais, mi Guia...) , therfore and specially for spanish supplier that have the annoying habit of changing their program schedule on the last minute, it results on several programing errors on the downloaded EPG.

This is why currently I am dowlaoding it from the trasponder by moving to the relevant data channel, but therfore no info for HD channels.

A simple script that starting from the original epg.dat, gets the newepg.dat by making these equivalences (HD=SD) will solve the issue, but as the epg.dat it is not a text file, I don't now how complex it is or how to interpret the file.

Regards,

silverfox0786
06-01-11, 00:17
unfortunatly i wouldnt know either have to manipulate the epg,dat but then the next update would set it back to how it was and this cant be done in vix or any image as a whole as this is not integrates its basically an aditional app hardcoded to the image it still uses data either via a download or via the sat transponder to gather its data

pooface
06-01-11, 14:31
In my opinion, the best option would be to get over to crossepg, and ask him whether he could implement mhw in to the plugin?! I know at one point, he was gonna look in to adding it, but I dunno whether it's just that he hasn't gotten around to it, or that it's just something that would be too difficult to implement in to the plugin?! But, if he could get it working, then I know that within the program, there is an alias file, where you can do exactly what you want... So I would say that is the way forward ;)