PDA

View Full Version : Fault on Vix not reporting the IP correctly?

orange1234
06-08-16, 22:45
I changed internet provider last week and have just been trying to connect to my Solo2 with filezilla.

I went to menu/setup/system/network to find my IP...entered it into filezilla with the username root but it would not connect.

I had to download a software called Advanced IP Scanner which I must say is brilliant. You install on your laptop and press start and it quickly finds all the IP's to every device connected to your network.

It listed the solo2, I used that IP and got into the solo2 immediately.

Is there a fault on Vix not reporting the IP correctly?

Meanwhile here is the link to the IP scanner in case anyone else is having similar problems

http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

sorry I can't seem to edit he topic title it should say Is there a fault on Vix not reporting the IP correctly?

cactikid
07-08-16, 00:01
maybe box and router needed a reboot and box ip checked again and should be able to enter.

Ashley69
07-08-16, 06:03
Are you entering the port number 21

orange1234
07-08-16, 09:46
maybe box and router needed a reboot and box ip checked again and should be able to enter.

Router and box was rebooted. It still showed the same incorrect IP :confused:

Are you entering the port number 21

No, I entered the reported IP of the solo2, and root for the username. That's all I usually do.

When I found the correct IP (using Advanced IP Scanner software) I entered that in the same way and the solo2 let me in instantly as usual.

I can only think this is a glitch in the software giving the wrong IP, hence why I've reported back here with a workaround solution in case anyone else is having the same problem.

johnhoe
07-08-16, 10:21
Yep I have noticed on my Solo2 that there also appears to be a bug in the dhcp state that the latest Vix (4.01.16) shows in adapter settings. I am currently on static ip address with dhcp set to no. When this is saved however, the dhcp toggles itself incorrectly back to yes.

Huevos
07-08-16, 22:02
Maybe you have assigned an ip that is outside the static pool designated in your router setup.

birdman
08-08-16, 02:02
Maybe you have assigned an ip that is outside the static pool designated in your router setup.Every router I've come across has a DHCP pool, rather than a static one.
(Although you could argue that one is the negation of the other.)

johnhoe
08-08-16, 09:37
I have also reserved several static ip addresses above the dhcp pool. But I can't see why this should cause the dhcp to always toggle to yes. Incidentally the static ip address on the box appears to be static. It's just the vix reporting that seems incorrect. I am using an Asus RT-AC56U router with latest firmware.

twol
08-08-16, 10:21
I always use static ip's for my tech boxes (I like to know exactly where they are!) and have not seen this issue, and now into my 4th router since I have been here (the Broadband providers like providing you with their "special" router :p ) .
If its holding the static ip, then the receiver and router obviously know its not using DHCP - strange

Rob van der Does
08-08-16, 12:22
I use both static and dynamic IP's, and have never seen a wrong IP being reported by an STB.

johnhoe
08-08-16, 13:02
Sorry. My issue may or may not be related to the OP. With me the ip address is correctly reported for my static ip BUT the DHCP cannot be switched off (ie toggled to off) After saving it just reports DHCP yes. This is wrong surely.

Rob van der Does
08-08-16, 15:02
...BUT the DHCP cannot be switched off (ie toggled to off) After saving it just reports DHCP yes. This is wrong surely.
There has been an issue in that area, but I can't remember if that was in release builds. Anyway: that has been fixed and will hence be in next build.