PDA

View Full Version : Convert solo2 from broadband twin tuner to cable

Dannylfc
05-08-16, 21:37
My friend has been using a solo2 twin tuner with cable for the past few months and having a lot of problems. He has virgin cable Internet using dvb s2 tuners on his solo2. I think he would be better using cable tuners for the best viewing experience. Is it possible to replace the current tuners for cable tuners on the solo2??

Dannylfc
05-08-16, 21:51
He has cable Internet but has the solo 2 connected to a dish via twin feed from a dish and box connected to virgin router via Ethernet cable.

Would he be better installing a cable module on the solo2 and doing away with the dish feed? Just looking for solutions

Dannylfc
05-08-16, 22:06
Set up is virgin router which connects via splitter to an arising virgin cable TV box. I would like to keep the router and virgin box plus my solo2 box. What's the best way to connect the virgin box, solo2 and router via cable Internet for optimised viewing

Huevos
06-08-16, 01:41
You seem to be confusing tv and internet. If he has a satellite dish he needs satellite tuners, not cable. To connect the receiver to the internet use a lan cable connected to the router.

DaMacFunkin
06-08-16, 07:27
Hello you started the thread by saying your 'friend', but in post 3 you are speaking in the first person, do you and your friend have the same problem?
If you want to add a cable tuner to a solo2 buy a sundtek USB tuner, once installed they seem to cause less problems than the VU+ Turbo.
Beware, setting up cable successfully on an Enigma2 box is not 'that' easy.

Stanman
06-08-16, 09:23
Hello you started the thread by saying your 'friend', but in post 3 you are speaking in the first person, do you and your friend have the same problem?
If you want to add a cable tuner to a solo2 buy a sundtek USB tuner, once installed they seem to cause less problems than the VU+ Turbo.
Beware, setting up cable successfully on an Enigma2 box is not 'that' easy.
It's no more difficult than anything else? Set it up twice and it's a breeze for cable.

The solo2 has fixed tuners. Your only choice is usb tuners or box with PNP tuners or fixed cable tuner

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Dannylfc
06-08-16, 10:04
Think I confused this a little.

Basically, he uses Virgin cable Internet and tv for his Internet and tv use. He also has a solo2 which is connected via Ethernet cable to the virgin router and the solo2 is connected to the satellite dish.

Is this the correct set up or should the solo2 be connected via cable?

Huevos
06-08-16, 10:36
There is not a correct setup. If you want to receive from satellite you need a satellite tuner connected to a satellite dish. For cable you need a cable tuner connected to a cable company. And to receive both you need a receiver with both types of tuner.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-16, 10:37
Solo2 out the box cannot be connected to a cable feed unless you bought a cable usb tuner as stated previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannylfc
06-08-16, 12:04
I understand that. Basically I'm asking if using a cable router conncted to a solo2 with satelite dish feed is correct? Or should I be using a cable tuner

roy0110
06-08-16, 12:16
any internet is fine for any tuners you might have.
so yes, a virgin router (provided by cable) is fine to use with satellite tuners.