PDA

View Full Version : Loop through cable

cga
05-08-16, 15:16
Just got an et10000 with 2X DVB-S2 tuner and it comes with the loop through cable and I'm not sure what the cable is for

Can some one explain how can I use this cable?

I have the box tuner 1 connected to a single lnb using a motor

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 15:41
You don't need the cable with satellite only for cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grantdavey91
05-08-16, 15:58
You don't need the cable with satellite only for cable.

I got a loop through cable with my Vu Duo 2, and only DVB-S tuners on back with a loop-out connection, anyone know what I should be using this for?

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 16:28
Like I've said, its purely for cable purposes. Loopthrough on satellite requires no cabling whatsoever.

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 16:29
Cable as in "Virmin" aka Virgin Media etc.

grantdavey91
05-08-16, 16:49
Cable as in "Virmin" aka Virgin Media etc.

Sorry Andy, I may be missing the point here, I know that it's not used for sat, what i want to know is when and how would you use it with cable?

I'm a bit confused because although it't not used for sat, i do have a sat loop out?

Sorry if it seems i am being thick, just want to get my head around what i could use my loop connection for

thanks

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 16:52
With cable (Virgin) you only need one feed to the tuner. So you would put feed into Tuner A. And loopthrough from A to B, B to C etc etc. Cable (Virgin) works differently to satellite, whereas satellite need a feed to each tuner.

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 16:55
If on your Satellite receiver you had say 3 tuners, Tuners A, B & C and you only had 2 feeds from the dish, you would setup Tuner A & B to Advanced, 28.2 & LNB1 for example and Tuner C you would configure to loopthrough to Tuner B or A, but a loopthrough cable isn't necessary.

grantdavey91
05-08-16, 16:56
If on your Satellite receiver you had say 3 tuners, Tuners A, B & C and you only had 2 feeds from the dish, you would setup Tuner A & B to Advanced, 28.2 & LNB1 for example and Tuner C you would configure to loopthrough to Tuner B or A, but a loopthrough cable isn't necessary.

right, ok i understand now :) thanks for the clarification Andy

ccs
05-08-16, 17:20
Different answer on OpenXTA.:confused:

Andy_Hazza
05-08-16, 17:25
No, same answer.

abu baniaz
05-08-16, 18:15
1, some images did not support internal loop through (no wire used) until recently. This is what Andy_H is referring to.

2. Depending on drivers, if a sat tuner has a loop out port, you would use the loop cable. I believe it provides more flexibility than internal loop through.

Larry-G
05-08-16, 18:41
Whether using internal loop through or a physical loop through cable your still not getting the same as you would If each tuner had its own dedicated feed from the lnb. (Does not apply to the new FBC tuners or what ever the hell there called).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cga
05-08-16, 21:49
Sorry guys I got a different answer

I have been told that the Loopthrough cable that comes with the receiver can be plugged and use for recording while watching another channel. Is that right?

I know that I can record while watching another channel is both channels are in the same frequency but I don't know if this cable will help recording while watching channels that are not in the same frequency

Larry-G
06-08-16, 03:35
Yes a looped through tuner will allow some limited improvement but it's still not as good as having each tuner connected to the dish with its own feed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cga
07-08-16, 13:25
Do you know how to connect the loop cable?

I have 2 DVBS tuners
I have connected the loop cable from tuner A loop -through port to tuner B IN port and when I go to tuner set up I only can see tuner A

Is the loop cable going in tuner B in port or loop -through?

Is there any configuration I need to do?

abu baniaz
07-08-16, 14:27
Maybe your tuner module is not sat in position properly. Power off, remove power cable, open case, swap tuners over.

If no change, check "missing" module in different slots.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

cga
07-08-16, 14:54
I have a dish with a motor, not a fixed dish
My tuner A is in configuration mode advance working with the motor.

Under my tuner configuration I can only see tuner A

I think you can only see tuner B is you use a fixed dish with more than one lnb as it's the case of another box I have.

I have a Vu duo with a twin tuner which is connected to a fixed dish (with 3 lnb) then I can see the 2 tuners under the tuner configuration

cga
07-08-16, 15:11
Will I lose the warranty if I open it?

cga
08-08-16, 19:38
Following up

I contacted seller and asked me to open and check if tuner B is properly mounted, so I did and still not working, so swapped tuners and tuner B doesn't work in slot where Tuner A works and vice versa

Tuner A works in slot where Tuner B doesn't work

I have email seller about faulty tuner B

Keep you posted

Thanks for the help

cga
18-08-16, 21:39
I got a tuner replacement from seller. All working now

Thanks so much for the help

Sent from my Nexus 6P