PDA

View Full Version : Sky reshuffles shows after Bravo closure

bassethound
05-01-11, 18:12
Sky has announced a reshuffle of its entertainment content lineup in response to the closure of Bravo, including Spartacus: Blood And Sand coming to Sky1.

On January 1, the Bravo channels - acquired by Sky last June as part of the £160m deal to purchase the Living TV Group - ceased broadcasting on all digital TV platforms, including Sky and Virgin Media.

The satellite broadcaster opted to scrap long-running cable channel Bravo because it serves a similar demographic to Sky1. Channel One, previously Virgin1, will also shut down at some point this year.

Sky has reallocated some of Bravo's most popular programmes to its other entertainment channels, starting with Spartacus: Blood And Sand moving to Sky1.

Other Bravo shows to find a new home on Sky will include Leverage, Dog The Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, TNA Wrestling, Sun, Sea And A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops.

More details will be supplied shortly, and viewers can use Sky's Never Miss service to sign up for updates on when the shows will return and on which channel.

Mr. Mister
05-01-11, 20:29
I really miss the Bravo channels..

Operation Repo which was on bravo is now showing on DMAX

Diablo13
05-01-11, 22:48
I am not happy about this.
The annoying thing about it is Sly starting a new pay extra sports channel, which shows cartoons and minority sports, but is the only way to watch TNA wrestling as a 1 hour recap, instead of the popular 2 hour Impact Zone broadcast which was shown on Bravo! :mad:
With the One channel and Living channels scheduled to be axed soon as well, subscribers get less and less channels for their money! :nono:

pooface
05-01-11, 23:58
I am not happy about this.
The annoying thing about it is Sly starting a new pay extra sports channel, which shows cartoons and minority sports, but is the only way to watch TNA wrestling as a 1 hour recap, instead of the popular 2 hour Impact Zone broadcast which was shown on Bravo! :mad:
With the One channel and Living channels scheduled to be axed soon as well, subscribers get less and less channels for their money! :nono:

Isn't that the point of sky though?! Give on one hand, take on the other. And make the customer feel like they're getting something better ;)

Diablo13
06-01-11, 03:07
Isn't that the point of sky though?! Give on one hand, take on the other. And make the customer feel like they're getting something better ;)

That just doesn't cut it for me!
I find it quite patronizing that Sly think we are all as stupid as Microshaft would like us to be and just accept $h1t, ........... because it is, .......... and they must know better?
The problem with Sly, like Microshaft, is that they have dominance in their respected fields. With such power they think they can get away with anything....... and frequently do!

With so many big players around now, firms like Google have the money, associations and clout to make inroads into both their fields and if they do they will no doubt offer huge incentives to get customers onboard!
When they do, then Sly especially might regret not being more 'giving' to their established loyal customers, when it comes back to bite them in the ar$e! :D

paul362
06-01-11, 08:26
Just a normal sky ploy to get rid of any competition in the market as usual if you ask me.

pooface
06-01-11, 08:50
That just doesn't cut it for me!
I find it quite patronizing that Sly think we are all as stupid as Microshaft would like us to be and just accept $h1t, ........... because it is, .......... and they must know better?
The problem with Sly, like Microshaft, is that they have dominance in their respected fields. With such power they think they can get away with anything....... and frequently do!

With so many big players around now, firms like Google have the money, associations and clout to make inroads into both their fields and if they do they will no doubt offer huge incentives to get customers onboard!
When they do, then Sly especially might regret not being more 'giving' to their established loyal customers, when it comes back to bite them in the ar$e! :D

Not just sky/ms, think about the government. Fuel increases all the time. Why is diesel about 10-15p a litre more expensive here than france? Why has the vat increased to 20%? Because the government want more money. Why don't they all take pay cuts and give up 2nd homes to save money? We should all rebel against that!

Also, the royal wedding coming up. How much is that gonna cost? Is the Queen paying for it out of her own pocket, or are we paying for it? Does the Queen even have any money of her own?

We moan about being shafted by the big companies, but we're being shafted all the time. Why do we pay tax on money we earn? We work for it, we should get all of it!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

silverfox0786
06-01-11, 08:58
We moan about being shafted by the big companies, but we're being shafted all the time. Why do we pay tax on money we earn? We work for it, we should get all of it!

now this bit alone dont forget guys the big companies get shafted too with tax just like us the government is not biased they screw us all

even rupert murdoch, bill gates, steve jobs etc

and as for the doctors and any filthy high payed profesional did you know the income tax rate is 90% where as us commoners the Base rate is 20% there is also a mid range at 55%

Stanman
06-01-11, 13:59
Why don't they all take pay cuts and give up 2nd homes to save money? We should all rebel against that!
Why do we pay tax on money we earn? We work for it, we should get all of it!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

That is the crux of the problem, we moan but do nothing about it, if we hit the streets ala french you would not see these things happening.

If you think paying tax on money you earn is bad - what about pensions, your being frigging taxed on money you have already paid the tax on:mad::mad:

I have a full SKY sub via a 50% of for 12 months but once this expires will be going freesat as everything I watch is on those channels - until frigging SKY buy up the series - than I will just torrent them

pooface
06-01-11, 14:26
That is the crux of the problem, we moan but do nothing about it, if we hit the streets ala french you would not see these things happening.

If you think paying tax on money you earn is bad - what about pensions, your being frigging taxed on money you have already paid the tax on:mad::mad:

I have a full SKY sub via a 50% of for 12 months but once this expires will be going freesat as everything I watch is on those channels - until frigging SKY buy up the series - than I will just torrent them

Yup, I agree with you exactly... We all need to do some serious rebelling against the government. But no-one actually will. Even when the do, the government just ignore it, like that time when lorry drivers blocked all petrol stations in protect in the price hikes, didn't stop em, and now, petrol is even higher!

Talk about tax on what we're being taxed on, currently, petrol is current ~59p tax. So, by my calculations, diesel (in my case) currently works out about 50p a litre, then vat is then paid on top of that, to make it around £1.30 a litre! Couldn't believe when I filled up today, it cost me about £65, looked on the receipt, ~£11 of that was vat. So, I basically paid about £25 for petrol, £29 for fuel tax, and £11 vat. So, for me to fill up my car, ~60% of the money goes to the government, and 40% is split between garages, oil companies etc... How can they be allowed to get away with this daylight robbery?!

Stanman
06-01-11, 14:32
the problem with the lorry drives and the Iraq war demo was they were peaceful. If you look back at the Poll Tax, the reason why it was scrapped was not because Maggie had a change of heart but Trafalgar Square. Like you I have had enough!!

You have Phillip Green advising the Govt on cost cutting and his wife took 1B out of this country tax free.

Don'y get me started on Diesel!!! I can remember a time when it was way cheaper to buy than petrol. As soon as every one started buying Diesel cars its frigging over taken Petrol!!

pooface
06-01-11, 14:37
the problem with the lorry drives and the Iraq war demo was they were peaceful. If you look back at the Poll Tax, the reason why it was scrapped was not because Maggie had a change of heart but Trafalgar Square. Like you I have had enough!!

You have Phillip Green advising the Govt on cost cutting and his wife took 1B out of this country tax free.

Don'y get me started on Diesel!!! I can remember a time when it was way cheaper to buy than petrol. As soon as every one started buying Diesel cars its frigging over taken Petrol!!

I'm not that young I remember actually buying diesel cheaper than petrol :p But I remember it used to be much cheaper... The other funny thing is, that how in France, the cost of diesel is cheaper than petrol. How can it be cheaper for France?! Is it because they use more of it, as more cars are diesel there? Or is it because somewhere along the way, petrol companies or the government are taking the piss?!

Also, it's funny how in France the cost of petrol was something like €1.225 a litre (which in current exchange rates works out about £1.04 a litre), yet today I fill up, and it's £1.29 a litre! Nice to be charged an extra £12 or so for filling up today, just because I live in UK.

Stanman
06-01-11, 15:34
Well thats two grumpy old man need another 59,999,998 to get this revolution on the road.

The price diff between us and the french is going to be down to duty - but than they do pay for motorway tolls.

pooface
06-01-11, 16:05
Well thats two grumpy old man need another 59,999,998 to get this revolution on the road.

The price diff between us and the french is going to be down to duty - but than they do pay for motorway tolls.

But they don't pay car tax...

Anyway, a little bit off topic, so think we should leave this here now ;)