PDA

View Full Version : Satellite box becomes regularly unresponsive with logo spinning

Danielorum
04-08-16, 02:08
Hello everybody.

I have a regular occurring problem with my satellite box. often the Box becomes unresponsive while watching TV and the logo in the upper left corner is just spinning, and I need to manually switch off box and turn it on again. is there any obvious reasons why it is doing this.

I would like to look in the log file, but I am unsure where to look, and I am using this box with my satellite subscription card, so I am not interested in Sharing any personal details.

thanks for your help.

TK4|2|1
04-08-16, 07:16
Do you have a usb stick inserted? If not why not? Setup a swap file on the usb stick.

Rob van der Does
04-08-16, 07:25
Please attach your debug log.
And this box doesn't need a swap-file.

Willmoore
04-08-16, 07:35
I thought all boxes needed a swap file. How do you know which do and which ones don't. ?

dangerousmouse
04-08-16, 08:18
Good question, how do we know when to use a swap file? Most receivers have the option to set one up, if there not needed why would there be an option?

Rob van der Does
04-08-16, 11:15
As a general rule: not any box needs one.
Unless you have a very old box like a DUO.

TK4|2|1
04-08-16, 16:37
This box may not need a swap, but it helps. I've had 2 each one would lock up, be slow until a swap file was activated.

Larry-G
04-08-16, 16:45
As a general rule: not any box needs one.
Unless you have a very old box like a DUO.
Yeah but if you remember rob this box was based directly on the duo it self. Still I never needed a swap file on one or the two duos I had either for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
04-08-16, 16:52
Yep, indeed, both have only 384MB RAM.
So this may be one of the few exceptions to the rule.

Danielorum
05-08-16, 11:25
Thanks for all your great replys

I have created a swap file and hope this will solve the issue. I have one hard drive and one USB flash drive connected to my technomate box. But I was only able to create A swap file on the hard drive. Will this make my hard drive constantly Active? I think it is because my flash drive was not formatted in Ext format.

Rob van der Does
05-08-16, 12:40
Yes, the swap-file is needed constantly, so the HDD has to be spinning.
An EXT4 stick will do the job just fine.