PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ET8500 setup

stevie1965
03-08-16, 14:44
I received my ET8500 today and got in a bit of a mess trying to setup it up so I decided to do a factory reset and reflash a VIX image.
I chose the Factory reset option from the internal menu and for the last 20 mins the screen has been dark with an occasional momentary flash of brightness.
Is this what should be happening during a factory reset and if so how long should it last ?
UPDATE - realised after half an hour that the inbuilt screen may not function after a reset. Turn TV over and - hey presto!

Larry-G
03-08-16, 17:26
The term factory reset for enigma2 is actually very misleading, in that it does not reset the receiver back to factory condition.

All factory reset does in enigma2 is to erase the user area in the image you currently have installed, returning you back to that images first install wizard.

To return it back to factory condition you would have to reflash the factory image from Vu+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Larry-G
06-08-16, 03:37
Not sure that will work :D
It's the only way your going to get any where near back to factory condition. But it's a moot point either way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

twol
06-08-16, 13:35
It's the only way your going to get any where near back to factory condition. But it's a moot point either way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think he was joking, its an xtrend not vu+ so you would have to restore the original xtrend image:)

Solo71
06-08-16, 20:21
Can anyone help me ? I've been given a brand new Zgemma Star 2s box , but I have no sound on my movies ?
:(
If this is the wrong Plas to ask can yo direct me to the right place . I am new to all this .

cactikid
07-08-16, 00:26
sorry to say you were conned with this box as it is not supported here as openvix regard this box as a clone:violin:no help on this forum with clones.

Andy_Hazza
07-08-16, 12:49
Can anyone help me ? I've been given a brand new Zgemma Star 2s box , but I have no sound on my movies ?
:(
If this is the wrong Plas to ask can yo direct me to the right place . I am new to all this .

We don't support those tripe. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
07-08-16, 13:50
Factory reset doesn't even return the image to virgin state. Any plugins that were added will still be there.

abu baniaz
07-08-16, 13:54
Maybe we should rename "factory reset" to something that reflects what it does better?

EDIT:
Unless we can actually make it factory reset.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Huevos
07-08-16, 14:48
It will never be a factory reset as that would require a factory image to be loaded.