PDA

View Full Version : Vu Kodi Plugin - Very Slow with Builds/Wizards

whatsat
03-08-16, 12:22
Hi All,

I have installed the Vu Kodi plugin on my Solo2 and along with it have tried several builds/wizards like The Beast & Orroo etc...
What I am finding is that these builds are extremely slow to populate data/feeds & slow to get stream data/links etc..

Is anyone else finding it slow also? Any tips to speed it up?

It's not my BB speed, that is well over 40Mb wired. I am running latest VIX available also.

DaMacFunkin
03-08-16, 13:19
Enigma2 boxes where not designed to parse, crunch, process... Whatever you want to call it large amounts of data, they where designed to tune and watch tv channels, the kodi add on is just that, an add on, anyone wanting a serious kodi box should buy a dedicated media player.

whatsat
03-08-16, 13:35
Enigma2 boxes where not designed to parse, crunch, process... Whatever you want to call it large amounts of data, they where designed to tune and watch tv channels, the kodi add on is just that, an add on, anyone wanting a serious kodi box should buy a dedicated media player.

Thought that it may be hardware related. Just wanted to check to see if others were having the same issue and it wasn't some setting I was missing.
Is a Fire TV the way to go for kodi?

Mr. Mister
03-08-16, 13:56

Could not have put it better myself buddy..
Nothing wrong with orroo.. You`d be better spending 35 quid on a firestick.. or similar..

Larry-G
03-08-16, 14:26
Thought that it may be hardware related. Just wanted to check to see if others were having the same issue and it wasn't some setting I was missing.
Is a Fire TV the way to go for kodi?

I have 4 fire TV boxes / sticks and they all work flawlessly with kodi. Those who try to say otherwise are sellers trying to get you to buy the shit there selling. For 30 odd quid you can not go wrong with a fire TV stick. And avoid that wetek crap at all costs, got two here and there utter garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
03-08-16, 14:49
And apart from that this plugin makes only half Kodi; there is no tuner plugin, so for tuner related stuff you have to exit the plugin (and vice versa).
At least that was the case last time I looked at it.

paulfg
08-08-16, 13:41
Could not have put it better myself buddy..
Nothing wrong with orroo.. You`d be better spending 35 quid on a firestick.. or similar..

mister do you happen to know will I be able to load orroo onto a fire stick and it will work abroad?
As I am not in the uk,I can get a firestick as I have a friend coming to see me (Amazon wont ship to me according to the website)

gibbletts
09-08-16, 12:39
I'd recommend nvidia shield, I've ran kodi for years on PCs, android sat boxes and a fire stick and have to say the shield is by far the best, if you can afford it

Rob van der Does
09-08-16, 16:16
As above MIPS CPU's don't do well with Kodi unless paired with a decent GPU, the sat box market is years behind in this respect.
I don't agree.
No STB has ever been made to be a real mediaplayer, let alone a KODI-device.
That's the same as saying that bicycles can't match up with motorbikes....
And the other way around: there's no Firestick (or any other Android device) that; s capable of what E2 does in the receiver area, although several attempts have been made (Spark2, Philips TV's running Android: both horrible).