PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions and Advice

nickfw57
01-08-16, 15:55
Hi,

I'm newish to the forum and have been reading different threads and trying to get to grips with satellite stuff and I'm at the point of wanting to buy a receiver and have some questions. I was using an Android IPTV box and I'm assuming by moving to a satellite system it will be more reliable and will not suffer from the buffering issues IPTV can have is that true?

There is a bewildering choice of receivers out there so I have set myself a budget of a max of £250. For that I want a system that can record whilst I watch another channel using my old sly dish. I need a freeview tuner too and a hard disk installed. I don't quite know what firmware I need, but would like an EPG and a Bouquet feature and I hear a lot about OpenVIX, but I need some guidance here on this aspect.

I would appreciate any guidance and advice for my budget and anything else I need to take into account.

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
01-08-16, 17:04
This would be a good box for you. Twin Satellite tuner and 1x Terrestrial/Cable tuner. http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/miraclebox/Miraclebox-Premium-Twin-plus-1x-dvb-c-t-t2-2x-dvb-s2
Have OpenViX installed, will take an internal HDD. ViX allows one off recordings, series link recordings, Pausing of Live TV, creating of your Sky and Freeview channel lists and also your 7 day guide. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickfw57
02-08-16, 15:26
Many thanks for the info.