PDA

View Full Version : Scanning

Pad578
31-07-16, 13:06
Hi

I have just put the latest vix image on my Technomate 3T. version 4 1 016

but when I try to Automatic scan the box comes up with the vix logo in corner and crashes I have tried 3 different images but I get the same result even after a factory reset.
can anyone give me any help to get past this please.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
31-07-16, 13:26
Why are you doing an automatic scan? ViX ABM will be suffice for any user. Also how do you have your tuners configured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pad578
31-07-16, 13:53
Tuners are configuered to Astra 28.2 E and signal is good

I have just updated the vix ABM I just always used to scan as well.
Just wandering if my box was on the blink or I had forgotten how to set up as its been a while.

Larry-G
03-08-16, 17:34
Well no one will ever know what's causing the crashes unless you actually upload a crash log or debug log from these events.

Plus as Andy stated the whole point of ABM is so that you don't ever need to spend 45 minutes doing a manual scan any more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bangord30
04-08-16, 09:00
I used to find on my 8000 that ABM never brought in channel name changes sometimes unless I did a manual scan first. Hopefully the 8500 will be different.

Larry-G
04-08-16, 16:09
I have used ABM since the very beginning and it has always pulled In channel names on all of my 9 receivers from 4 manufacturers including xtrend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
04-08-16, 16:18
To begin with, ABM used to rewrite lamedb file on all occasions. As part of the speeding up mods, it only writes what has changed. Unfortunately, the side effect is that the weekend renames as well as test channels making their way onto official lineups, do not get added on an ABM run.

Background scanning brings the changes in. However, some people with cable setups disable this to avoid unviiewable channels.