PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Help Please

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 12:32
Hi all I have a quick question around tuners on Vu+ Duo 2 box

I have 2 tuners on back, tuner a and tuner b, both DVB-S

The exact box I have was purchased from WOS shop and the description is :

VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Twin + 1x DVB-S2 Single Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY
- Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (Flashed Free Of Charge): OpenViX (Latest)
- Fitted HDD Options: 1TB HDD 2.5" SA..
- Networking Powerline Homeplugs: Not required
- USB Storage: Not Required
- VU+ Additional USB Tuner options: Not required

I recently purchased the Vu+ USB Turbo DVB-C/T/T2 tuner also from WOS shop for cable

I am using Tuner A for DVB-S, and have 2 LNB's plugged in

Nothing is connected on Tuner B

When plugged in my USB Vu tuner, this came up as Tuner D, so I have cable running on that one, however on Tuner Configuration it is listed Tuner A, B, C and D

Tuner C is not configured and I have no clue what Tuner C is??

If I can use an additional tuner this would benefit as I could possibly record another channel, as it is at the moment I can only record 1 satellite channel and watch another, as well as record 1 cable channel

I would just like to know where tuner c is coming from and how it can be set up.

I did have a few problems when i set the box up around where to plug in the satellite cables and did have some errors but the only way i have found i can record one whilst watching another is my current connection.

my image is openvix latest
my satellite is 28.2e

pics here:

and screenshot from tuner config

Any help appreciated; many thanks

gibbletts
31-07-16, 12:50
you haver tuner a and b in one slot and single sat tuner in the other that you're not using, what you could do is remove the single sat tuner you're not using and put a twin cable tuner in there which would give you twin sat and twin cable. You would only need one cable connection into the box as the connection is split internally by the tuner. Or just take another cable from your lnb and put it into the other sat tuner you have to give you 3 sat channels

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 13:07
you haver tuner a and b in one slot and single sat tuner in the other that you're not using, what you could do is remove the single sat tuner you're not using and put a twin cable tuner in there which would give you twin sat and twin cable. You would only need one cable connection into the box as the connection is split internally by the tuner. Or just take another cable from your lnb and put it into the other sat tuner you have to give you 3 sat channels

thanks for your reply.

so even though on the back of the duo 2, the two lnb's i am already using is marked as tuner a and the 2 not in use is marked tuner b, what it actually means is tuner a is in fact tuners a and b, and the unused is tuner c?

what does the loop out connection mean on the bottom connection of the 2nd tuner?

and if i plug in another lnb into the unused slot, this will let me record an extra channel?

thanks

Andy_Hazza
31-07-16, 13:24
You have 3x Satellite and 1x Cable tuners. So if you have 3x Satellite feeds coming into your house put all 3 feeds into Tuner A, B & C. If you only have 2x Satellite feeds coming into your house you will put 2 feeds, one into Tuner A and the other into Tuner B and with Tuner C you would either have it as not configured or set to loopthrough to Tuner A or loopthrough to Tuner B. I would personally set Tuner A to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. Also Tuner B to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. Then with Tuner C, if no feed coming from the LNB either set to Not Configured or Loopthrough as mentioned above. If you do have a 3rd feed coming into your house from the LNB configure the tuner with Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1 like the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 13:37
You have 3x Satellite and 1x Cable tuners. So if you have 3x Satellite feeds coming into your house put all 3 feeds into Tuner A, B & C. If you only have 2x Satellite feeds coming into your house you will put 2 feeds, one into Tuner A and the other into Tuner B and with Tuner C you would either have it as not configured or set to loopthrough to Tuner A or loopthrough to Tuner B. I would personally set Tuner A to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. Also Tuner B to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. Then with Tuner C, if no feed coming from the LNB either set to Not Configured or Loopthrough as mentioned above. If you do have a 3rd feed coming into your house from the LNB configure the tuner with Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1 like the others.

okay thank you, i think i understand, i do only have 2 lnbs coming in from the dish, but it may be possible for me to add another

how would i set tuner c to advanced when there is nothing plugged into it? and with loopthrough i won't be able to plug one end into tuner c and loop through to a or b because the connections are already used

sorry i am a bit confused, but it's probably because i haven't fully figured out what you mean; i did get a loopthrough cable with the box, but not sure how i can use this to my advantage with only 2 lnbs in

when i set it up initially i plugged one lnb into the top connection of tuner a and the other on tuner c, but this created problems with epg downloading and recording, i messed abut a little bit with the loopthrough but found i could only record 1 channel whilst watching another with the current connections

i would like to make use of the unused tuner so that i may be able to record another

thanks

apologies if i sound all over the place with explaining things, my brain has gone to mush the past few weeks where this box is concerned!!

a great box, learning everyday about it, can be very complex for somebody like myself who doesn't get on with linux

Andy_Hazza
31-07-16, 13:49
LNB is on your Sky Dish. So don't confuse yourself or anybody else with this. The cables coming from your Dish/LNB are what we call feeds. Single feed, twin feed etc. Okie?

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 13:52
LNB is on your Sky Dish. So don't confuse yourself or anybody else with this. The cables coming from your Dish/LNB are what we call feeds. Single feed, twin feed etc. Okie?

yes, i'm with you; sorry; i did mean feeds

Andy_Hazza
31-07-16, 13:56
If you only currently have 2 feeds set Tuner A and Tuner B to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. For Tuner C I would set to not configured until you have an extra feed come into your house.

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 14:01
If you only currently have 2 feeds set Tuner A and Tuner B to Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1. For Tuner C I would set to not configured until you have an extra feed come into your house.

okay no problem; at the moment tuner a is set to simple and tuner b is set to equal to tuner a; if i change both to advanced, 28.2 and lnb1 will i still be able to record one channel and watch another? as well as being able to download the epg ok

thanks

Andy_Hazza
31-07-16, 14:06
Yes Advanced is the best method to use and Yes you still be able to watch n record a channel anddownload epg etc.

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 14:17
Yes Advanced is the best method to use and Yes you still be able to watch n record a channel anddownload epg etc.

no problem, i'll do that for now and look at buying another rg6 for another feed