PDA

View Full Version : Connecting wifi to iphone

mike4scuba
28-07-16, 17:35
Ordered a usb wifi adaptor from wos and downloaded the drivers to get it to work over home wifi

Wanted to see if I could get it to use my iPhone over wifi using it as a hotspot

solo2 box finds the iPhone network and when I check status it states connected but no picture displayed

When I try my home network over wifi the picture is displayed

Home network 12mbs iPhone 42 mbs

Anyone tried this and got it to work

DaMacFunkin
28-07-16, 18:17
Because your iPhone isn't set up for tethering.
Be careful, tethering isn't usually included in data allowances.

mike4scuba
28-07-16, 19:16
I can use tethering on my iPhone. I use it with my iPad and laptop when away from home

mike4scuba
28-07-16, 20:48
Ok restarted the box and now the picture works via wifi and my iPhone

Always good for a back up in case my broadband goes down ��

^^COMPASS^^
01-08-16, 14:27
Thanks for posting this, I literally sat down last night and decided to do the same thing for a slightly different reason (caravan - no fixed line or wifi) but went with a cheap dongle from ebay (I may live to regret that choice).

The kind of data being sent is tiny, literally a few mb per day from what i've tested. That won't set alarm bells ringing on any audit report at the operator side, but if you're really bothered then you could use a VPN. Lifetime offers for Pure and Tiger VPN are cheap and this way your mobile operator has no way of knowing what traffic is being sent or received and where it goes to or comes from.

Have a browse here Post 5, http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50577-What-can-I-get-with-no

I have a touring Caravan & i must say it works brilliant