PDA

View Full Version : XTREND remote volume help.

GARZX9R
26-07-16, 18:32
Hi, i have an xtrend 8000, last night the volume + & - buttons stopped working and only started working again after I pressed the mute on and off, now there is no sound unless I turn the volume up until the last 2 bars on the volume screen display, luckily I have everything setup with an amp, any help gratefully appreciated

Ford1
26-07-16, 18:52
re-start your box, try a fresh flash, had this issue 2 weeks ago, and only rectified it with a full flash from usb

adm
26-07-16, 18:53
see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52551-volume-problem-(video)

That poster restarted the GUI (long hold of the power on/off button on the remote to get the option) to sort the problem

I found that a mains off/on sorted the problem (with off being more than 120 seconds). I've only seen the same problem once on my Xtrend

beaudaniels
26-07-16, 19:46
Ahhhh :/
I'm on webif, I'm at signal finder,but nothing is coming up for tuner A (DVB-C)

beaudaniels
26-07-16, 19:48
Sorry to crash post, I just saw Xtrend remote help at bottom thinking it was just that... Helping remotely?!
Apologies.....

GARZX9R
26-07-16, 21:18
see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52551-volume-problem-(video)

That poster restarted the GUI (long hold of the power on/off button on the remote to get the option) to sort the problem

I found that a mains off/on sorted the problem (with off being more than 120 seconds). I've only seen the same problem once on my Xtrend

Cheers, power on / off has sorted

adm
31-07-16, 11:09
Extrend 10k, VIX build 4.1.016

Information only, since my last posting to this thread I've now seen the same problem twice more. My box is put into deep standby each night and when the 'fault' occurs it is seen immediately on the next switch on to normal operation.

A GUI restart will fix the problem.

djusteve
07-12-16, 10:35
hi all
I have an xtrend et8500 was working perfect then when updating software i accidently pulled out the power plug so had to reflash and since then i have no volume it doesnt even come up with the volume bars
i have reflashed twice and i am running vix 4.2.02
i have tried the restart the mute etc but no joy
tonight i will try the phone app i downloaded today
but any assistance would be appreciated

Andy_Hazza
07-12-16, 11:34
You most likely will have damaged the box by pulling the power while flashing, that can be critical n fatal. You could also try Open WebIF and see if the volume works, but my guess would be the motherboard may have been damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
07-12-16, 11:41
hi all
I have an xtrend et8500 was working perfect then when updating software i accidently pulled out the power plug so had to reflash and since then i have no volume it doesnt even come up with the volume bars
i have reflashed twice and i am running vix 4.2.02
i have tried the restart the mute etc but no joy
tonight i will try the phone app i downloaded today
but any assistance would be appreciated
Andy is probably correct, but before panic :) try the webif and also change the remotes batteries ..... its amazing how many times,its not the issue you first thought of!

Knowing how many times I have dropped power in the early days on my test box, they are amazingly resilient ... all the best:)

djusteve
08-12-16, 09:25
hi all

phone app works perfect(iphone app store xtrend remote control "michael leopold) so think the box is ok I have just ordered new universal remote for it which is the issue I had with my VU+duo2 and that works perfect
watch this space, many thanks for replies
steve

djusteve
14-12-16, 08:39
well the strangest thing has happened now, after ordering a replacement remote control and before even taking it out the box i had 1 last try with old remote and its working ?????????????????
so looks like i have a spare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wish i could explain but afraid i cannot.

Steve